Disney Confessions

i hate the dining plan and all it stands for. feeding-the-masses. forget quality, special orders, or a truely unique dining experience. hearing people say that they need to order it all "to get their $ worth" and actually try to eat it all is :sick: i remember the days when you could just walk up and actually get a table without an ADR.....and just be on vacation. why use a snack credit for bottled water ($4 value when u pay cash its $2.50)

DH sleeps at the first aid station every time we go because he's tired the kids keep him awake in the room.:sad2:

I don't want to be a Little Debbie Downer here, but take if from a person that has lived it. You'll have plenty of time to travel without your children soon enough. Going either as a couple or solo is indeed fun, but your kids are only kids once and missing those experiences are costly.

I travel solo (now) a lot. It can be a good time, but it always seems like something big is missing. What is missing is someone to share it with. I go now and sit on the bench for awhile and remember the fun and excitement that we had as a group. Even though you think you might not miss that...you will. It is so different. Good, but different.

Downer over...back to confessions.

i DO NOT in any way criticize someone for leaving the kids at home for a vacation!!! But i myself want the kids with me at Disney.. when they are off in their own lives then i can do it.. 1 i can act like a goof with the kids and people don't look at me like i am totally out of my mind. 2. I LOVE watching the magic threw their eyes! they truly believe the full magic of Disney!!!

Confession: Can't stop listening to "Disney resort" music to keep me in the mood! ::MickeyMo

AK is WAY too hot!! But I crave jalapeno pretzels 365 days a year and go just for that.
I wanted one of those SO bad. Wasn't hungry at AK though...

My Disney confessions:
-Never had a Dole Whip.
-Not impressed with LeCellier.
I had my first Dole Whip (well, float) this trip.

Have heard a few people say that about Le Cellier..

I can't imagine myself ever getting into pin trading.

I randomly met my first Disney character (Pocahontas) this year as an 18 year old. I've been to Disneyland 3 times before that and never got the chance to meet any characters until then. After that, I loved going to character meet and greets at WDW.

Oh yeah, I've never gotten a character autograph.

Not much of a fan of 3D animation, but I did love Tangled.

I was a Nickelodeon kid growing up. I started watching Disney Channel more when they started showing shows like Even Stevens and Lizzie McGuire.

Now that I've been to WDW, I really don't care for Disneyland that much, but I live in California and it's much more convenient to go there.

I don't really care for Pixar flims. I like Toy Story and that's about it.

I don't want to be a Little Debbie Downer here, but take if from a person that has lived it. You'll have plenty of time to travel without your children soon enough. Going either as a couple or solo is indeed fun, but your kids are only kids once and missing those experiences are costly.

I travel solo (now) a lot. It can be a good time, but it always seems like something big is missing. What is missing is someone to share it with. I go now and sit on the bench for awhile and remember the fun and excitement that we had as a group. Even though you think you might not miss that...you will. It is so different. Good, but different.

Downer over...back to confessions.

My husband are going in the first week of November, if you are there when we are, we can all walk around together, and you can share our experiences taking our teeny daughter (she'll only be 8 months!) around Disney for the first time! :grouphug: :banana:

Now on to CONFESSIONS:

1. I tried a Dole Whip years ago, one lick and I wanted to vomit. Gross. I thought it was an icey-type drink, didn't realize it had vanilla ice cream in it.

2. Ellen's ride was so boring, my husband was sitting behind me and was snoring SO LOUD that I broke out into laughter and pretended I didn't know him. (what is up with that ride anyway? Geez?! Pathetic!)

3. I HATE the quality of the stuffed animals (all made in China now). I have a Pooh Bear from 1999 (made in the USA) and the difference is like night and day.

4. Tony's in Magic Kingdom is Ragu-style airplane food. OH. MY. GOODNESS. GROSSSSSSSS.

5. I had to fight back tears (out of embarrassment for myself!) when I got a picture with Tigger and Piglet.

6. I love AK, though it's a half-day park for us. Same with the water parks.

7. Overweight people (who DO NOT have health/heart/obvious issues) also annoy me at Disney when they use those scooters. But I look at them as part of the obstacle course of objects to walk around while going around the parks. :rotfl: (no flames please! I realize that you can't always tell if someone has a heart defect or other internal health issue- I am just stating my confession!!!)

8. People who walk 4+ in a row and take up the entire sidewalk/street/path annoy the crap out of me too. WTH? And they are always walking S-L-O-W. Move over already! I need to get to my rides!!! haha

9. Downtown Disney is a must for us, but it is EMBARRASSING. The first half, not so bad, second half looks like Jersey Shore/Myrtle Beach stores of random non-Disney junk.

10. I get so excited for the Magical Express that I almost pee myself, and half walk/run to get to the buses. :cheer2:

11. I love offering to take pictures for people in Disney, especially when you can see they are taking single photos of each other. Makes me feel good because getting a good couples/family shot is difficult! :woohoo:

12. Disney Hollywood Studios looks like a half-*** forgotten park to me. 65% of it needs an overhaul. And the food there is horrendous. (except for The Brown Derby).

:dance3:

Here goes:

- I LOVE parades...because of how quickly I can get on the rides while everybody's watching them! :thumbsup2 *Except the Electrical Parade I think it's called? The one with all the lights and stuff at night...that one's pretty cool.:goodvibes*

- I am Disney OBSESSED (heard this from my mom multiple times:laughing:) I love to plan...and I'm (almost) 13! I've been talking about our trip constantly since we were 3 months out!

- I don't really like the restaurant in The Land (Sunshine Seasons) but we always end up eating there. They don't have that great of a selection, and the food is just okay.

We have been to WDW and Disneyland in California and we are going to Disneyland Paris next month for the 1st time-I admit, I am nervous but excited as well. I don't think I will need my high school French but for "merci" and little things but am still quite nervous about language barriers. Don't really know what to expect-too much rain? Not enough Fastpass rides? Not trying to compare it to Disney here in the USA. Just my confession...
Elizabeth
PS. I have been reading the boards for DLP and everyone who has gone seems to love it so I am keeping the faith.

My first post on the boards are confessions of course.

- I don't get the big deal about Soarin'. Definitely wasn't worth waking up early and standing in a 2hr line bored out of my skull.
- Turkey Legs are my ultimate Disney food!
- Was extremely annoyed when The Living Seas was changed to be Nemo themed. That movie annoys me, and I don't get the hype.
- I dread AK. I love the attractions and the idea, but it inevitably ends up being the longest, hottest and most exhausting day.

On the living seas note: I like the nemo version, BUT I MISS the old one, too- wish disney would just make a NEW ride, and stop ruining the ones already there!

Here goes:

- I am Disney OBSESSED (heard this from my mom multiple times:laughing:) I love to plan...and I'm (almost) 13! I've been talking about our trip constantly since we were 3 months out!

-

Happy Birthday! Hope all your dreams come true! have a little pixi dust! :tinker:

I really don't like The Great Move Ride! I just don't get why it is in a Disney park..? The movies in there aren't even related to Disney.

I could also skip The Muppets show at DHS.

Oh, and apparently I am the only one around that likes Country Bear Jamboree!! Maybe it is just nostalgia???

nope- I LOVE Country Bear! Just wish they would fix the sound system- last time we were there, it sounded like it was coming through a 70's transistor radio!

Ok- my confessions:
1. I LOVE Tom Sawyer island- my kids could play there half the day- I think it's magical.. I wish we lived anywhere that had fun caves toexplore, etc. but we live in cookie cutter suburban town- so my kids loveit!

2. We have never seen fantasmic. I try to avoid crowds, so we won't even go to HS when it's on!

3. I hate BBB. I hate the price, and the fact that they all look like their hair has been pulled so tight it's stopping the blood flow to their brains!

4. I love the Great Movie Ride!

5. I don't get Signature dining... I just can't see taking that much time out of the parks to go to a resort to eat! ;) (maybe I'd understand if we didn't have kids??)

6. I think the GF is ugly. Everything there looks froofy and fussy and i don't get the attraction at all.

7. I would never go to Disney in the summer. That's what I did as a kid, and it was pure hell, as far as crowds and weather go...We only go November-february.

Here I go:
Never saw any of the night shows or any parades (From Louisiana and seen enough parades to last a lifetime)
Never been to Tom Sawyer Island
Never been to Hall of Presidents
I do not think food as Disney is good (I have not eaten at any of the table service restaurants except Sci-Fi place) It is hard to worry about food when you are on vacation since the food at home (in New Orleans) is so good.
I have to be there by rope drop or I feel like the whole day is shot.
Soarin scares me a little when the seat tips frontwards.
Never saw Carousel of Progress yet

Here are a couple-
My brother and I went directly from our grandmother's funeral in Orlando to the Magic Kingdom and lied to our entire family about having an earlier flight home to do so. They still don't know 10 years later.
I hate 3-D rides and movies. Way too overstimulating-too much D.
Alien Encounter completely freaked me out and I was a 36 year old man when I rode it.

AK always puts me in a bad mood after about an hour. It always seems so crowded to me because of the narrow walkways and I get frustrated quickly every time we visit. I'm going to try to keep us away from that park next trip.

It takes me about two weeks to recover from eating at Disney. I make mostly healthy choices but the constant consumption of processed foods makes me ill after a few days.

I am that woman...you know, the one pushing the double jogging stroller through the parks...and I'm so sorry. But I assure you, I have never used the stroller as a battering ram and I am always careful of other park goers. (Haven't clipped a walker on the heels yet, even the ones that stop randomly because I try to give a little distance.) Still, I know I clog some of the narrower walkways and probably take up an entire monorail car with my monstrosity of a stroller and I do apologize, but I love my stroller and can't bear to leave it at home when we travel.

Oh, and ummmmmm....I may have recently spent $125 on a custom made Rapunzel dress for my daughter for our next trip. :rolleyes1

I wanna play!!!;)

I didn't like Boma--thought it was very overrated for what we ate!
I would skip DHS if my mom would let me---she loves TOT!
I've never eaten a Dole Whip or Mickey Bar.
I find people who bring strollers then carry their children around to be nuts! :lmao:
I actually like the bus system!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter