Disney Confessions

I love Carlsburg beer in Norway,

Figment is one of my favorite rides(the way it is NOW):scared1:

I don't make a big deal out of my wife wanting us to wear matching outfits!!

- I've helped sneak my boyfriend in the parks for EMH with me... a lot. We did it for a whole week and never were caught once. :banana:

- I actually like Stitch. a lot. and I think it's more appropriate for the park than Alien Encounter ever was. (I rode both, just like Stitch more) I've never had back problems on it either.

- ..... I like Finding Nemo in The Seas too. I like it better actually.

- Basically I don't hate anything about these parks. The DHS hat, the wand, essentially anything that caused so much drama here, I'm fine with it.

Mine would be

- I talk about Disney so much my husband now charges me 25 cents each time he hears me. But he does save the money and we trade them in for dollars and bring them on our vacations for extra spending money. :)

I love this! Made my morning! In our early years of going to Disney when I was trip commando planning I talked constantly about Disney too! I am so glad DH did not do this though since he would spent the money on something for himself not our trips!

Okay. Now my Disney confession time.

While I have enjoyed each and every one of our trips, I am more than ready to go home at the end of our Disney trips! No tears for me at the end, I'm ready to go back to the real world.

Both DH and I hate the Prime Time and other "punishment" oriented restaurants. We've tried them each once but any meal where they poke fun or you get even lightly harassed while eating doesn't seem like fun to us (although I did like the milkshake at the Prime Time whatever).

No flames please! We both dislike the Epcot resorts and that whole side of WDW. I can't imagine anyone wanting to stay in an expensive room right over a restaurant or a store no matter how nice! Guess that's based on all our years of Ocean City, MD etc. stays. Restaurants in those resorts seem nice enough but I'm glad we have other choices to stay at. We haven't ruled out Swan/Dolphin either!

-fireworks kinda freek me out....so i am gonna skip the fireworks this year :) and the fact that i can never get a good picture of them with the castle pisses me off LOL!!
-once i see the parades once i could really care less if i see them again. I would rather hit the rides with no one in line.

You sound so much like me, I could have written this. My family and I hit the good rides while everyone else is busy looking up! LOL

I have had some good pics of the Castle with the fireworks but they are good, not great. Fireworks just don't come across in photos very well. :headache:

I was pretty much a vegetarian until my first WDW trip in 2009... I got addicted to BBQ pulled pork sandwiches and never got back on the wagon :rotfl:

My Disney confession- I stole a small silver skull ring at POC gift shop when I was on a high school trip in 1987. pirate:

- I don't like HS, it's a big waste of time. My hubby loves it, ugh. So I suffer through it.
- I thought the Cinderella that my little girl met and had picture taken with was a bit to chubby for the part and eyeshadow was way too dark. Kinda looked like Tammy Faye, lol.
- Don't like Swiss Family Tree House.
- Myself and another guest got tired of Brazilian line jumpers and blocked their entry and yelled at them.
- The Speedway is BORING. Needs to be updated badly.

My confessions:

1)My DH and kids better keep up with me the first time we go to MK. I'm on a mission to get my first view of the castle....and I tear up every time!

2)I really dislike DTD. It's crowded, it's boring, and it takes forever to get there (except in Feb when we stayed at SSR and walked over).

3)I didn't like Le Cellier. The soup was meh and the steak was okay.

4)I get extremely upset when Biergarten doesn't have their potato leek soup. I mean, it ruins my meal because there is nothing better than that soup with pretzel bread.

5)I could ride small world over and over and over. TTA, too.

I'm sure there are more, but that's a start.

We WENT without our kids in 2008...AND WE HAD A BLAST!!!:cool1: adult only trip along with another couple (our best friends, with 2 children of their own) to celebrate our anniversaries (married the same weekend, 2 years apart):love: And the worst part...WE DIDN'T TELL ANYONE UNTIL WE RETURNED FROM OUR TRIP WHERE WE HAD GONE :scared1:

Oh I LOVED this post SO MUCH!!! Because here is a confession I almost forgot about. . .

I HAVE been known to tell my teenage daughters, "This is a happy place. This is a fun place. If you don't start acting happy and like you're having fun I will beat the fun into you!"

. . . . sometimes only the mom of a teenager understands.

As the mother of two teenage daughters...:rotfl2: :worship: I SO wish I would have thought to say something this witty on our past 2 trips while the girls were "pouting" simply because they were asked not to text during meals or during our "family time" (ya know how boys replace you if you don't text them every 5 seconds!!:rotfl: ). I think I have pictures of our girls (especially our 18 year old) pouting on each and every vacation since 1996. :rolleyes1

AK is a total waste of time, it's just a glorified zoo.

I HATE the Nemo musical thingamagig there too...it freaks me out

AKL is dark and I will never stay there again after I did once. Bus transportation was awful, it's so far from everything and the rooms were filthy

When I was little we always stayed at the Contemporary or the Poly. When we stayed at CBR it totally ruined the magic for me. I wanted the monorail, not a freaking bus that drove on the street!

I think the food for dinner at Chef Mickey's is really good! I love the food at San Angel Inn.

I am in LOVE with the Grand Floridian. Everything about it...the way it looks, the way it smells, EVERYTHING!

I wish they would have a different ride in the MK than the Aladdin Magic Carpets ride, it's just a Dumbo rip off

I never watch the movie after the Maelstrom ride, we just run right past it

I don't all the hype for Fantasmic. I thought it was so super lame.

I think the majority of the Princesses are UGLY. There are a handful that are absolutely gorgeous though

No Flames, right?
I'm super skinny mom of 2 who LOVES my body and Im disgusted by all the overweight people at Disney. I'm actually grossed out-especially big ones who use scooters because walking is too much effort and call themselves-Handicapped. I've written a letter to Disney and complained about how these so-called Hanicappers are just LAZY and dont need special treatment or "free dining", just a good diet and a trainer. I go to the gym EVERYDAY! If theres time for disney and HOURS planning on here, theres time to exercise! :mad: No more 1st in line for buses and fast lanes for rides with their WHOLE FAMILY!

I said it! Hate me.

ME TOO ME TOO! How did I forget this one???

I'm very happy DH and I don't have kids when we go. Love kids, love to watch the characters interact with them... but still.

I didn't think Fantasmic was worth the wait, even though I liked it.

The WDW secrets thread annoys me. People can't read... I want to reach through the screen and slap people.

I like the Stitch ride. I don't care what anyone says.

I hate Aurora's dress. Come on, Disney - why???? :rolleyes:

I am upset the RnC got rid of the cheese biscuits. :( Plain ones are boring.

Mickey, Pluto, and most of the fab 5 or whatever, were not on my must-see list.

I thought of another one last night:

I really miss Figaro Fries at Pinocchio Village Haus. I want them back!

10. Final and last confession......... I really cannot stand some folks on the DISboards who are indignant, condescending, judgemental, and act as if they are morally superior when commenting on other peoples posts. Specifically if someone asks a genuine question. Instead of saying in a rude manner, maybe that is my impression, "Look at post one of this thread, it's there you must be too lazy to read." Geesus, maybe I just started on the boards and I really do not know the in's and out's of all things DISboards. When I first came on these boards I did it to find out info. I found out a lot for reading the rules or official posts, but also from asking questions. If I would have encountered those type of people early on in my DISboard floundering, I would have just quit and found another forum.
Or if someone asks a question and instead of just answering it, they repost over and over and over and over the "Rules". I can read the rules, but maybe the "rules" do not answer my question. Mostly this was about pool hopping, refillable mugs, parking. I understand we cannot encourage people to do it, and people are going to do it anyways, but some of these folks act as if they are the DIS police. I personally do not do those things because I would be horrifically embarrassed if I got caught and had a CM confront me. If it is that big of a deal and such an issue then report the "activity", then let the moderators deal with it. Whatever happened to if you do not have something nice to say, then keep your trap shut.
I know most people on the boards are nice people who are on here to have fun and discuss Disney because they love it, but some other folks are just so mean spirited and have left a bitter taste in my mouth. (SORRY FOR THE RANT, NEEDED TO GET THAT OUT!!)

I could not agree more! I have noticed it much more recently than I did when I first joined the Boards. Some folks have been just right out mean! :confused3

I hate Nemo the Musical I wont waste my time to watch it again.

I think the "turkey legs" are gross looking and watching people eat them is worse lol.

I am fat/Pooh sized and have used an electric scooter to get around EPCOT (healing from a broken ankle, but looking at me you couldn't tell why I was using one) And it was the Best $75 I ever spent at Disney :) I waited in regular lines, never took the scooter in lines or shows.

I am sorry but I do not think a person in a wheel chair or Scooter needs 15 people to board the bus with them, I think one person is needed to help when arriving at their destination, but the rest are capable of standing in the regular line and should do so.

And I Confess I read this whole thread!!! LOL

Adding to my previous confession:

I am sorry but I do not think a person in a wheel chair or Scooter needs 15 people to board the bus with them, I think one person is needed to help when arriving at their destination, but the rest are capable of standing in the regular line and should do so.

And I Confess I read this whole thread!!! LOL

I agree, I am another one of those fat people but I don't use a scooter or wheel chair and it irritates the bejeezuz out of me when I have been waiting 15 minutes for a POP Century bus to show up late at night and when one does get there the 2 scooters that just drove up get to load along with all their family members. I know the scooters and wheelchairs have to load through the back door, but there is no reason at all why the these devices can't wait in the regular line with the rest of us. All the bus stops I have seen have plenty of space to fit and go around the corners.
I am also kind of curious, I am in the mass transit field, yes buses, first as a driver, now as a supervisor and I wonder why the person has to get out of their scooter or wheelchair on a disney bus. The devise has been secured and is safe as sitting on the bus seat and it takes up just that much more space in the bus (4 seats for each device and then one more seat for the person). Where I am the people always stay in there device.

I have multiple confessions: (remember no flaming!)

10. Final and last confession......... I really cannot stand some folks on the DISboards who are indignant, condescending, judgemental, and act as if they are morally superior when commenting on other peoples posts. Specifically if someone asks a genuine question. Instead of saying in a rude manner, maybe that is my impression, "Look at post one of this thread, it's there you must be too lazy to read." Geesus, maybe I just started on the boards and I really do not know the in's and out's of all things DISboards. When I first came on these boards I did it to find out info. I found out a lot for reading the rules or official posts, but also from asking questions. If I would have encountered those type of people early on in my DISboard floundering, I would have just quit and found another forum.
Or if someone asks a question and instead of just answering it, they repost over and over and over and over the "Rules". I can read the rules, but maybe the "rules" do not answer my question. Mostly this was about pool hopping, refillable mugs, parking. I understand we cannot encourage people to do it, and people are going to do it anyways, but some of these folks act as if they are the DIS police. I personally do not do those things because I would be horrifically embarrassed if I got caught and had a CM confront me. If it is that big of a deal and such an issue then report the "activity", then let the moderators deal with it. Whatever happened to if you do not have something nice to say, then keep your trap shut.
I know most people on the boards are nice people who are on here to have fun and discuss Disney because they love it, but some other folks are just so mean spirited and have left a bitter taste in my mouth. (SORRY FOR THE RANT, NEEDED TO GET THAT OUT!!)

i think i know which thread your talking about and it was ugly. i too came here looking for answers for our first family trip to the happy place but your right they're cops!:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter