Appalled at Tram Maintenance

I may be a bit dense here, but I'm not following this post either.

MG

Your OriginalPost said cracked beyond belief ceiling.

If I find that/a tram (assumed many if not all were that way) I will take a picture of that, and send it to Disney. I don't find that acceptable and they should be notified IMO.

I just gave up after 7 trams, wasn't a piece of cake to find (It's an old saying).

Doesn't mean the next 20 trams don't have cracked beyond belief ceilings.

Last edited:
You can't keep cutting and cutting and not see the effects
See that's more along the lines of what I was saying. "Doing the bare minimum" is more and more what things have become though certaintly not everywhere. That's why I was less inclined to understand the point of bringing in younger people.

It's anyone who is visiting and especially those who visit on a recurring basis. I see plenty of people on the boards who are older than my 28 years who go every year and sometimes multiple times in a year versus me who goes on average every 5 to 6 years though my husband went 12 years without WDW before going with me in 2011. Who is more accepting of the current conditions in the context of the OP's point? The ones who go all the time or the ones who go years apart and this is regardless of age.

In this case with the budget cuts it's a "are the trams running and getting people from point a to point b?" if the answer is yes then that's probably going to suffice for the time being rather ensuring each and every tram is in perfect shape every day.

In this case with the budget cuts it's a "are the trams running and getting people from point a to point b?" if the answer is yes then that's probably going to suffice for the time being rather ensuring each and every tram is in perfect shape every day.

If the budget cuts were combined with ticket price decreases, I might be inclined to agree with you. But I am paying more and getting less.

Please, no more. Especially since they prove nothing.

Haha figured that, not sure why it was asked then.

It does/would prove (since they are numbered) which ones do not have ceilings cracked beyond belief though.

If the budget cuts were combined with ticket price decreases, I might be inclined to agree with you. But I am paying more and getting less.
I don't know any theme park or amusement park that would decrease ticket prices regardless of construction, budget cuts or the current economy. Sure they might come out with ticket deals such as the 4-park deal WDW came out with or the buy online and save money or coupons available but not actually decrease their ticket price.

But I do agree with the paying more and getting less.

Haha figured that, not sure why it was asked then.

It does/would prove (since they are numbered) which ones do not have ceilings cracked beyond belief though.
So? It still doesn't prove anything. It would be like someone saying that the trash cans were overflowing and then you posting a picture of an empty trash can. It doesn't negate the OP's experience.

Summary, read the appalling tram post and cracked beyond belief ceiling.

Went to get pics to send to Disney for feedback/improvements with these facts/pics.

Could not find any after 7 trams.

At least one of us tried to get Disney needed feedback.

Oh please, this isn't about facts. You're just being rude and argumentative.
A couple tram photos "prove" nothing, and in no way count as "facts" negating her claim.

Keep in mind I have never said it wasn't an actual experience of the OP.

So? It still doesn't prove anything. It would be like someone saying that the trash cans were overflowing and then you posting a picture of an empty trash can. It doesn't negate the OP's experience.

Keep in mind I never said it wasn't an actual experience of the OP.

I have to think finding not every tram has cracked ceilings is kinda good news.

Summary, read the appalling tram post and cracked beyond belief ceiling.

Went to get pics to send to Disney for feedback/improvements with these facts/pics.

Could not find any after 7 trams.

At least one of us tried to get Disney needed feedback.
No, that's not what you are doing. You always post pictures to negate anyone else's experiences. I've seen your posts over the years and you post pictures to deflect any negativity aimed at Disney.

Yeah, I agree, I think you are right about the mentality now. Hopefully they don't go too far with cuts to the point where safety is compromised (generally speaking not just the trams)

No, that's not what you are doing. You always post pictures to negate anyone else's experiences. I've seen your posts over the years and you post pictures to deflect any negativity aimed at Disney.

I can't take a picture of something I can't see.

I have said there could be 20 of these out there, if anyone sees this-they should take a picture and send it to Disney.

I'm not seeing any and just skipping over them.

We are driving down to WDW on Thursday and staying offsite so will be using the trams a bit I presume. Will look for the cracks so I can forward the pics on to guest services...though I imagine they are aware of the condition of the fleet and if it was a priority, then they would have been fixed. Perhaps if enough of us bring it to their attention they'll get a move on it!

Lol!!! You guys are making this up as we go. Where did I ever "blame" younger people???

I'm just saying they're not old enough to remember, and appreciate, the standards Disney one had.

MG

I think my concern with the statement isn't the "younger people", but more the poor memory of us old folks. I don't think the standards were as high as we tend to "remember". It's more that you notice things differently when you are a kid.

When I went to Disney 30 years ago, I don't remember the cracks. I was too in love with the things around me. That doesn't mean they didn't exist. In fact - they did. We just didn't notice them as kids in Disney.

the standards haven't really dropped that much in the parks. Our perception and the things we look at and notice as adults has.

Disney however is one of the better maintained theme parks in the world. You should see the sorry state of those near me (I.E. Hershey, King's Dominion, Bush Gardens, Six Flags... Even Ceder Park has fallen into heavy disrepair compared to WDW).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter