• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Appalled at Tram Maintenance

Really looking for the cracks in the ceiling.

Was there anything else?

Rode one in just now and have walked 4 in a row, not a Crack?

I honestly see nothing wrong exempt some fading paint here and there, can video every one if you want.

20161128_103304.jpg

One more time for anyone that needs it yet again:

I am NOT "blaming" the younger generation.

I AM saying the younger generation just doesn't understand, simply because they weren't born yet or old enough to know WDW when they actually had impeccable maintenance.

As a PP pointed out, that can also apply to many older folks who are reasonably new to WDW.

MG

One more time for anyone that needs it yet again:

I am NOT "blaming" the younger generation.

I AM saying the younger generation just doesn't understand, simply because they weren't born yet or old enough to know WDW when they actually had impeccable maintenance.

As a PP pointed out, that can also apply to many older folks who are reasonably new to WDW.

MG

Been going for over 20 years over 50 trips, either way would know a Crack beyond belief, much less any cracks.

Seats are wearing off some, and as mentioned paint fades and chpis. Plus I only saw about 7 trams.

Last edited:
Really looking for the cracks in the ceiling.

Was there anything else?

Rode one in just now and have walked 4 in a row, not a Crack?

I honestly see nothing wrong exempt some fading paint here and there, can video every one if you want.

View attachment 207949
Gee, I didn't know Disney only had one tram! I guess this picture is trying to prove that the OP is exaggerating?

Been going for over 20 years over 50 trips, either way would know a Crack beyond belief, much less any cracks.

Seats are wearing off some.
1996 isn't really Disney old school, but that's another story.

That said, I don't think I understand your post.

MG

Do you think the PP is lying?

Why would you think that?

I simply asked what else, no response.

Have apologized for not finding the beyond belief Crack.

Have said I have only seen 7 trams.

Have said maybe they fixed it?

Last edited:
1996 isn't really Disney old school, but that's another story.

That said, I don't think I understand your post.

MG

Haha you said even old folks like me are clueless to seeing cracked beyond belief ceilings.

Gee, I didn't know Disney only had one tram! I guess this picture is trying to prove that the OP is exaggerating?
I have many more, how many do you really want posted on here?

People need to learn to name and shame on social media. Take a picture, tag it with the location and disney's official twitter and post away. Maybe throw a hashtag or two in there. That's how us "younger generations" do it. That'll get the issue more attention that this echo chamber.

I'm sure you're right... But for many years after Walt they upheld his legacy.

It's simply about cost cutting now and making the fast buck.

MG

No doubt about it, I'm just looking for what your OP had in it.

Heck I would/will send that pick right to Disney if I can find it.

I just assumed it would be a piece of cake to find.

As a couple of PP asked, do you think I'm lying? What possible motivation would I have to do that?
I would like nothing more than everything to be rosy perfect at WDW.

MG

Try to keep up.

Why would you think that?

I simply asked what else, no response.

Have apologized for not finding the beyond belief Crack.

Have said I have only seen 7 trams.

Have said maybe they fixed it?

No doubt about it, I'm just looking for what your OP had in it.

Heck I would/will send that pick right to Disney if I can find it.

I just assumed it would be a piece of cake to find.
I may be a bit dense here, but I'm not following this post either.

MG

I have said this before, but I feel like Disney is in a transition phase right now. They are growing and expanding and are kind of at an in-between stage. I have no problems with that, but I do feel like they may not be ready at this point for the growth explosion. I feel like Disney needs to "lay low" until they have more of a handle on things and more things are built. They keep offering all kinds of discounts, promo's, free dining, more parties, expanding the time frame of F&W etc. BUT, it's almost like they are not ready yet for the droves of people flocking to Disney so they are kind of "winging it." Seems like the training is not the same for CM's, things are getting overlooked, bathrooms can get messy, more trash around etc.

I think the OP is basically comparing the Disney of today to the Disney of years ago. The simple fact was that years ago it was easier to keep the parks neat, tidy, clean, maintained and sparkling because they did not have the massive crowds they do now. You can't keep a restroom clean for long with the number of people going in and out, the rides will need more maintenance with all the people riding them, trash will build up much faster, they need more staff quickly so training may not be as extensive as it was etc.

It used to be quality over quantity, now it seems they are going for quantity. It's just the way it is now and guests have to just readjust expectations because Disney will never be the way it was 15-20 years ago and that's not a bad thing, just a different thing. We still love Disney and will continue to experience all it has to offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter