Appalled at Tram Maintenance

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
Rode the MK tram today for the first time in years. Regardless of parks we usually just hoof it. Today we opted for the tram.
Walt would have rolled in his grave. The ceiling was beat and cracked beyond belief. The general condition was an absolute joke.

This is just one example of how the younger generation accepts substandards. This would NEVER have been tolerated in the earlier years. Those trams would have been pristine.

I was embarrassed.

MG

Rode the MK tram today for the first time in years. Regardless of parks we usually just hoof it. Today we opted for the tram.
Walt would have rolled in his grave. The ceiling was beat and cracked beyond belief. The general condition was an absolute joke.

This is just one example of how the younger generation accepts substandards. This would NEVER have been tolerated in the earlier years. Those trams would have been pristine.

I was embarrassed.

MG

I'm sure maintenance standards are down, but I'm less sure it's the younger generation's fault. People of all ages (including plenty of Boomers and Gen-Xers) are willing to continue to firehose hundred-dollar-bills onto WDW *no matter what*. As long as that's true, things will continue to cost more while being generally crappier.

Did I miss some development where the parks are now run by 20 year olds?

Weird thread.

So much hostility online these days between "group a" and "group b" and it doesn't even matter what the groups in question are. It's so tiring.

Whoa everyone..... I didn't mean to blame younger people.

I'm just saying they weren't around to see how things "used to be". The old standards Disney once had....

MG

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed a nasty tram seating area,I noticed it in trams at MK and DHS,really was bad enough that those trams should have been refurbished before getting to that point.

I'm just saying they weren't around to see how things "used to be". The old standards Disney once had....

MG

I get your point, but there are plenty of us here old enough to remember, and complain--but that doesn't do any good. Nothing will do any good other than voting with our wallets. :)

(For my part right now I'm only on DIS because I have a Universal trip coming up. WDW costs way too much money for way too many crowds now. And for some reason when I think of my last WDW trip (2015) all I remember is the same dirty room service trays sitting outside doors in AKL halls for days on end. So I'm with you in spirit.)

MG
But, as @Jennasis said, the parks aren't being run or maintained by the younger generation. It's Iger, Chapek, etc. who determine what the budgets for the parks are and how the money gets distributed -- and I don't think anyone would call them the "young people." I agree that the parks could be maintained better, but young people aren't responsible for that.

MG
You may not have been meaning to blame the younger generation but in your own words "This is just one example of how the younger generation accepts substandards. This would NEVER have been tolerated in the earlier years."

Standards in maintainence is not just isolated to theme parks. The entire society for the most part is based on "do the bare minimum". That's why people complain that customer service in general is lacking nowadays [obviously my comments are a generality]. It's not the younger generation who are doing it. It's the CEO's in charge of the companies, and those responsible for decision-making. Fairly certain most of those people are not those in their 20s or even in their 30s.

I was embarrassed.

MG

Why are the young to blame for Iger's greed?

The park isn't being run or maintained by the "younger generation".

Do we blame the younger generation for the:
  • Tiered pricing
  • $35.00 Parking
  • Dessert Parties anywhere they can stuff them
  • $650 tents in Tomorrowland
  • Alcohol stations throughout DHS to make up for lost revenue

Not to push buttons, but human population explosion isn't helping much either. Didn't check this site's sources, but according to it the planet's population has doubled just in the time I've been alive. It's kind of a taboo topic (and I know this site has many families with lots of kids) but there are far more people competing for the same stuff. If more and more of those people have the means to go to Disney, and are willing to pay more and more for less and less (regardless of age group) the financial reality will win out.

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

You may not have been meaning to blame the younger generation but in your own words "This is just one example of how the younger generation accepts substandards. This would NEVER have been tolerated in the earlier years."

Standards in maintainence is not just isolated to theme parks. The entire society for the most part is based on "do the bare minimum". That's why people complain that customer service in general is lacking nowadays [obviously my comments are a generality]. It's not the younger generation who are doing it. It's the CEO's in charge of the companies, and those responsible for decision-making. Fairly certain most of those people are not those in their 20s or even in their 30s.
Where is there blame? I'm just saying the accept it, mostly because they don't know any better.

Do we blame the younger generation for the:
  • Tiered pricing
  • $35.00 Parking
  • Dessert Parties anywhere they can stuff them
  • $650 tents in Tomorrowland
  • Alcohol stations throughout DHS to make up for lost revenue
Lol!!! You guys are making this up as we go. Where did I ever "blame" younger people???

I'm just saying they're not old enough to remember, and appreciate, the standards Disney one had.

MG

Lol!!! You guys are making this up as we go. Where did I ever "blame" younger people???

I'm just saying they're not old enough to remember, and appreciate, the standards Disney one had.

MG

The reason people are saying you're holding younger people accountable is:

"This is just one example of how the younger generation accepts substandards. This would NEVER have been tolerated in the earlier years. Those trams would have been pristine."

I take it meant (and others apparently as well) as "younger generation accepts substandards" it's a younger generations fault that the trams aren't in pristine condition. And "This would NEVER have been tolerated in the earlier years" as the cast members of years ago were held to a higher standard and that the younger generation working in the parks now don't care and don't take care of the trams.

I was embarrassed.

MG

In your post its clear you think the reason the tram is in such disrepair is because this younger generation accepts it. You said that your generation would not have and the trams would have been pristine, and you are embarrassed.
You can spin that any way you like but you can't change what you actually said.

In your post its clear you think the reason the tram is in such disrepair is because this younger generation accepts it. You said that your generation would not have and the trams would have been pristine, and you are embarrassed.
You can spin that any way you like but you can't change what you actually said.
Whatever.

I'm at a loss for words. It's unbelievable how people are clarvoyant.

Folks it's this simple.... young people accept it because they never saw how strict Disney standards once were.

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter