• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Abandoned Attractions

Just thought I'd post this,too. I dont think anyone has posted this photo yet! :)
EXEncEntry1.jpg

After the Monster Sound Show you were let into this room to explore. In the room they had these booths were you put on headphones. The booth would get dark and you would experience a 3D sound show. All I remember is you were a Disney executive and you would get a haircut. Just from the sound alone it actually felt like you were getting your hair cut. Is this still there? I thought this was just the neatest thing!

I have a great memory of Mission to Mars. It took place in a large circular room. We were putting on our seat belts and a lady sitting next to my dad asked what this ride did. My dad told her it spun around at 80 mph. The lady got a panicked look and tried to flag a CM to let her off the ride. So funny cause the ride really did nothing.

"Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey takes place in a soundstage-like setting in the Echo Lake area of Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park. Upon your entry into the theater, you will be given state-of-the-art headphones which you will wear throughout the show. When the lights go out and the mayhem begins, experience crystal-clear sound through the use of biaural audio technology, where a multitude of unique sounds will seemingly come at you from all directions." This was directly taken from ..So Sounds Dangerous DOES have headphones ... http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...actions/sounds-dangerous-starring-drew-carey/

Why ?? Disney Why ??
It's gross looking and a haven for bugs and critters and bacteria.....eewwwww
Clean it up and haul it out

shaking my head and just saying Wow

Why ?? Disney Why ??
It's gross looking and a haven for bugs and critters and bacteria.....eewwwww
Clean it up and haul it out

shaking my head and just saying Wow

Posted many times.

Its tough to come up with a demolition plan if you don't have any idea what you want to do with the property afterwards. And the costs of demo are usually rolled into the cost of construction.

As long as its out of site to people who don't trespass it works. No need to waste money on something that no one should be seeing.

Actually all of Florida is a haven for bugs and critters and bacteria. :)

COMMUNICORE FTW!

That was it. I remember there was a shrunken lady who was projected on the screen and narrated the entire exhibit.
I can remember (probably earlier than the lady), something which might have been called "The Astuter Computer Review" or a similar strange name. I think I remember an English guy (maybe someone like Tommy Tune?) singing a song about it. This would be right after Epcot first opened. My son was fascinated by all things electronic back then. He still is, for that matter!

Beth

I've been getting up and reading this thread every morning before work for the past three days and just finished! Totally awesome to see the beginnings and "evolution" of the Art of Animation Resort (I've been over the moon about it ever since I heard about inclusion of the Cars theme). On another note:

All the talk about the EPCOT flamingoes triggered an old memory from my childhood- does anyone remember live parrots in the Polynesian lobby perched on or near the giant volcano/waterfall/central structure? One of my fondest childhood memories is getting to stay at the Poly for a whole week while my mother attended a conference in 1998, and I definitely remember hopping out of bed each morning, grabbing pancakes from Capt Cook's, and eating them in the lobby while watching these parrots. Either that... or I'm crazy. Or a 10 year old with an overactive imagination. But to this day, whenever I go back to the Poly, I always turn to my mother and say "Remember those parrots that used to be here?!" Is my inner child lying to me? :confused:

I did Superstar TV and Monster Sound Show (I may have the name wrong) at the Studios when I was a kid. I was on a boat for Gilligan's Island and was one of the 3 people failing horribly at trying to mimic the sounds for the movie.

Miss those attractions, they were some great memories!

When I was a kid I went to Epcot around 1988 and did something that was like a tour of the technology at Epcot. You wound up in a theater where they pulled back curtains and there were just rows and rows of computers. I have done everything I can to try and find information on this tour/attraction, but I always come up empty. I hope someone on this thread can help shed some light on it for me.

Hmm...I never got to see it when it was still CommuniCore (which is what was there before Innoventions took over in 1994), but wasn't there a part of CommuniCore itself that showed a computer room? Not necessarily part of a tour but just part of the exhibits.

COMMUNICORE FTW!That was it. I remember there was a shrunken lady who was projected on the screen and narrated the entire exhibit.

That's the part I remember! I knew I wasn't entirely crazy and there was something with a tiny lady somewhere in EPCOT.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: I figured it must have been Communicore, but glad to see someone else remembered that part too.

Ya know.... I've actually found myself wondering if the balcony where the show was is still physically there after the Innoventions remodel. Considering Disney has a history of just walling off old show elements no longer needed (Such as the stage from Food Rocks/Kitchen Kaberet, the old Western River Expedition preview center, or even the 2nd floor of the imagination pavilion), and there isn't anything requiring public access to the 2nd floor of the Innovention building, I don't see any reason why they would've had to completely remove that balcony.

Then again, I doubt the Computer room you looked down on looks anything near the same. 2 or 3 racks of modern computers could EASILY surpass the entire computing power of the entire room of old Mainframe equipment....

Boy, that does go back a long way. I went as an adult to that show. Honestly, I remember very little about it. I remember, what seems to me to have been a ramp or something that brought us up to a higher level in Communicore East. I seem to remember sitting in a theater (stadium type) and looking in to what was billed as the computer control center for all of Epcot. It was a huge room filled with main frames and I could swear that I remember seeing someone in there either operating them or repairing them. Whoever it was, they didn't have a speaking part.

The tour guide was a miniature person that I remember as being a male, but it really didn't matter. They would jump from computer to computer explaining what each one controlled. If there was a song, and there could have been, I frankly do not remember it. All in all it was pretty boring, at least to me.

I stopped looking for the entrance years ago figuring that it has long since been dissolved, destroyed or covered.

Timekeeper was such a beautiful attraction!

It had intelligence, humor, breath-taking photography, and a story with Disney HEART.

I wish that they had moved it to Epcot.
It would make a great "transitional attraction" between Future World and World Showcase.

This was a very old post, but I just saw it... I cannot agree with you more Robo. I know that I stood there with my mouth wide open just watching the Timekeeper. Whoever programed him managed to capture Robin Williams almost perfectly. Gestures, movements, etc. I know that this show was one of many that didn't last due to the fact that if one couldn't plant their butt someplace they didn't want to bother with it, but that is the price one pays for a 360 degree movie. You cannot see it all sitting down.

It was well done, funny (with Robin Williams how would it not be) and told a fun story. Poor old much aligned 9 eye!

Hey you with the silly hat...GET OUT! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter