Abandoned Attractions

I think you mean "Pirates of the Caribbean" :)

Man, is it zombie thread season _and_ April 1st?

This may very well be within the 700 plus posts on this thread, but in case it wasn't and you are a Horizon Fan or just someone that is curious to know what it was like and the history...here it is!

Wow... that was neat, thanks! I miss Horizons, and I really enjoyed the Body Wars thing, not gonzo too.

That's alright, there's always something new and fun, and the memories live on.

Just finished reading this thread. Wow. First visit was in 1995 and stayed in the Disney Institute on a package deal. What I miss has already been covered but I will say thanks for the memories and Kungaloosh!

Yes, I know it's a zombie thread, but it's been a fascinating read. The juxtaposition of people talking about things that were closed at the tupime, while talking about others that were open (yet now closed, like the backlot tour) is really interesting. Reading a prediction ( months before an announcement) that the deserted pop would make a great family suite hotel, and then it did become one.

I certainly think it's well worth resurrecting and even keeping going. It helped me remember things that previously had just teased the edges of my memory. How fun!

I think the problem now is that we've pretty much covered all the interesting stuff :) All the current changes are fresh in people's minds.

Going to bump this thread up for all the fans of 'closed' attractions like myself:

Epcot-28ed.-XL.jpg

Bumping one of my favorite threads!

Here's a 1990 map showing the locations of Horizons and Wonders of Life attractions.

Epcot%20Map%201990.-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter