Abandoned Attractions

Honeymoon Photos at the Disney INN, it was a Deluxe Resort, yes one of the cheapest of the Deluxe resorts, but we loved it. Every morning on the way to the Busses, we would stop at the Cart by ther bus stop and buy a couple of those plastic Oranges with the Orange Juice inside and a muffin and eat it on the way to the parks. Here are just a couple of pics of the Disney Inn, which was great for Honeymooning couples. It had alot of Nice paths to walk on and places to Sit down and make out etc...
Hotel4.jpg

Hotel3.jpg

Hidden Mickey Walkway

Hotel5.jpg

Golf Course in the back Ground!

Lets see some replies if you want more of the 1989 Pics!!

That is completely lacking in my Disney knowledge. This is the first time I've heard of the Disney Inn. What is there now, does anyone know?

disney inn, golf inn, now it is shades of green.
active/retired military usage only.

It actually started as Disney's Golf Resort first, and was the third resort, and the only one not on the Monorail line. It was quite underutilized, so they rebuilt and rebranded it in the mid-80s as the Disney Inn with a Snow White theme. The joint armed forces leased the entire resort in the 90s, and later purchased it outright.

you're correct.
have been to them with the two prior names of the resort.

i know i didn't put them in the order of being named.

i was being lazy..........:laughing:

i thought it was a wonderful resort!
one drawback like you mentioned, further away from the MK, no monorail, just busses.

you're correct.
have been to them with the two prior names of the resort.

i know i didn't put them in the order of being named.

i was being lazy..........:laughing:

i thought it was a wonderful resort!
one drawback like you mentioned, further away from the MK, no monorail, just busses.

Yeah, part of the of the problem was that guests - and even travel agents - didn't treat it like a real Disney resort, because it was the "oddball", which didn't fit in with all the marketing of WDW itself, with the monorail, etc. regardless of how nice it was. So it had a perpetually low occupancy rate despite its relatively small size, while the others were often 100%.

it was cheaper as well for being a Deluxe Resort. AND it was beautiful especially for Honeymooners. there was alot of paths and places to walk with great scenery. AS these Pictures show I have some pics of the room as well
Check out the OLD TV. and yes it was surprisingly not over crowded at all wew really enjoyed that on our honeymoon no kids at all running around....that is rare We had a view of the golg course right out the room window and they always had the PRO Golf Classic there and it was going on the same time we were there!! Probably alot of pros walking around the Hotel, but I didnnt know any back then. The bottom photo (not the greatest quality) is a water hole on the golf course, and I got a pic of a gator with his nose and eyes above the water. Our caddy pointed it out. They supplied us with complimentary caddies back then. I think? I know I wouldnt have paid for one?

Room4.jpg

Room1.jpg

Hotel13.jpg

Hotel7.jpg

I took my first trip to Epcot in May of 2002. I recently took my daughter there for the first time back in August 2013 (she has been to the other parks a bunch) for our annual family vacay. There was a lot of new rides built since I had been last and some that were closed to make room for others. There was this one "ride" sort of and from what I remember it was near the Test Track I believe if that helps. You sat in your own little car thing (single rider) and looked through some type of microscope. I believe it was about energy or the land but I cannot be too sure. It is not the one where you have to peddle a bike to view the movie or the one that is a double rider. This was a very calm ride (if you can even call it that) and I am not sure if it even moved. There was a room full of these chair type things. I have looked on so many websites, google images, reviewed list of vintage ride websites, Wikipedia, etc and cannot find it ANYWHERE. I am pretty sure it is closed but now it is bugging me NOT knowing the name. It is not Horizons, Body Wars, Cranium Command, Rockin' Robot, etc.... I also looked to see if it was in Innovations East or West but NO LUCK. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took my first trip to Epcot in May of 2002. I recently took my daughter there for the first time back in August 2013 (she has been to the other parks a bunch) for our annual family vacay. There was a lot of new rides built since I had been last and some that were closed to make room for others. There was this one "ride" sort of and from what I remember it was near the Test Track I believe if that helps. You sat in your own little car thing (single rider) and looked through some type of microscope. I believe it was about energy or the land but I cannot be too sure. It is not the one where you have to peddle a bike to view the movie or the one that is a double rider. This was a very calm ride (if you can even call it that) and I am not sure if it even moved. There was a room full of these chair type things. I have looked on so many websites, google images, reviewed list of vintage ride websites, Wikipedia, etc and cannot find it ANYWHERE. I am pretty sure it is closed but now it is bugging me NOT knowing the name. It is not Horizons, Body Wars, Cranium Command, Rockin' Robot, etc.... I also looked to see if it was in Innovations East or West but NO LUCK. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore my initial response if you saw it - got confused reading your post. I'll see what I can find.

In the meantime, I suggest scrolling through the videos on this webpage to see if there's anything that might have more info: http://www.martinsvids.net/?cat=14

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm...doesn't ring any bells. The only thing where Test Track was was World of Motion, which was an Omnimover attraction about transportation. Horizons was next door, and next to that was the Wonders of Life pavilion with Body Wars, Cranium Command, etc.

The attraction about energy is at the Universe of Energy building, currently "Ellen's Energy Adventure", which has been in place since 1996. It is over that side of the park though.

There's also "Living with the Land", the boat ride in the Land pavilion.

Hmm...doesn't ring any bells. The only thing where Test Track was was World of Motion, which was an Omnimover attraction about transportation. Horizons was next door, and next to that was the Wonders of Life pavilion with Body Wars, Cranium Command, etc.

The attraction about energy is at the Universe of Energy building, currently "Ellen's Energy Adventure", which has been in place since 1996. It is over that side of the park though.

There's also "Living with the Land", the boat ride in the Land pavilion.
I thought it may have been by the test track but wasn't for sure. I have looked up all the rides that have been at Epcot and it was not listed. I know it was Epcot because that is the only park I went to for a quick weekend getaway. I am not sure why I cannot find anything about it. So weird.... Thank you for your help though! Maybe one day I will figure it out or ask an Epcot cast member when I visit this June!!!!!!!!

I thought it may have been by the test track but wasn't for sure. I have looked up all the rides that have been at Epcot and it was not listed. I know it was Epcot because that is the only park I went to for a quick weekend getaway. I am not sure why I cannot find anything about it. So weird.... Thank you for your help though! Maybe one day I will figure it out or ask an Epcot cast member when I visit this June!!!!!!!!

You'll probably find more answers here than from a CM...probably most weren't working there in 2002. :)

But there wasn't anything at least permanent right next to Test Track then that matches your description. Horizons was next to it but was likely torn down by then and Mission: SPACE under construction. On the other side of Test Track is the walkway to the Odyssey Restaurant, and across from it is the entrance to Mouse Gears and the rest rooms.

If they had something set up temporarily, I'm not aware of it.

Ignore my initial response if you saw it - got confused reading your post. I'll see what I can find.

In the meantime, I suggest scrolling through the videos on this webpage to see if there's anything that might have more info.

Thanks for the help. I will take a look at the site today. I really love having all of you to discuss Disney with!!! Helps, tips, comments, suggestions and experiences. It really is awesome DIS has these forums.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know the answer. What I will say is that while I was reading your question(s) the only thing that came to mind immediately was Wonders of Life Pavilion. FWIW!

Was it maybe the virtual reality "ride" that was in the test track building as you left the ride? I never experienced it but walked past it many times.

Not an "attraction" per se, but "abandoned and rotting" nonetheless.

Pop Century -Legendary Years UNFINISHED - 3 Bird'sEye - Only Unfinished area
POP_03-BeN-WS.jpg

Pop Century -Legendary Years UNFINISHED - 4 Bird'sEye Both Room Bldgs -North
POP_04-BeN-CU.jpg

Pop Century -Legendary Years UNFINISHED - 5 Bird'sEye Both Room Bldgs -East
POP_05-BeE-CU.jpg

Pop Century -Legendary Years UNFINISHED - 6 Bird'sEye Clubhouse/Lobby Bldgs
POP_06-BeW-CU.jpg

So cool, you can see how the roofs on the older buildings are darker:
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.3517736,-81.5469644,686m/data=!3m1!1e3
data=!3m1!1e3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter