2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

If we booked thru aTA do they havw to call or can i? Is free dining pretty much the best discount you can get?

If we booked thru aTA do they havw to call or can i? Is free dining pretty much the best discount you can get?

yes your TA needs to call. I'd call them now. Its most likely the best discount if you are staying at a value or a moderate resort. If you are staying at a deluxe and a room rate percentage is offered that discount will most likely be worth more.

Booked my 10-8 to 10-18 trip to POP online about 1/2 hour ago. Took all of 5 minutes. Now all I have to do is cancel the one I made last night without DDP. I'll wait until all the madness dies down to call. ;)

Good luck all and thanks to thread by danny25 to alert us all to this new DDP calendar a few days back!:cloud9: If he hadn't posted about it I wouldn't have known. Now I can also cancel the one I made for free DDP starting on Sept. 24th which meant taking DD11 out of school for a week. Since she's off all of October taking her in October means no missed school days.

One more thing to do....rebook my airline tickets. ;)

I have a question. We were looking at a trip, checking in on March 31 (which is the last day of the current promotion). If we check in that date, will fhe free dining cover our entire stay?

Thanks!

Yes-Definitely. It's what I just did starting on Oct. 8th for 10 nights. Max. nights is still 14 days.

I've been on hold for 40 minutes now! It will be an expensive phone call but if it will save me hundreds I'll be ok with a slightly higher phone bill this month! I'm just glad to have gotten in at all. The circuits have been busy all morning. I have my phone set on speaker and am listing to the music from "Four Parks, One World" so it's not too bad. I can work and listen and wait and wait and wait!!!

I glanced quickly and didn't see this posted...

Free dining promo being offered for the following dates:

Dates for 2011:

Oct 2-8

Oct 30-Nov 5

Nov 13-19

Nov 27-Dec 3

Dec 11-17

Dates for 2012:

Jan 8-14

Jan 22- Feb 4

Feb 12-18

Mar 4-10

Mar 25-31

I don't know if it is exclusive to the agency that I received the info from or if I can post that agencies name on here? PM me if I need to send the info privately.

Our TA is out of the office till tomorrow:mad: arewe going to miss out on this deal b/c she's gone?

I saw this a lil while ago. I have a question, that can't seem to be answered. If I book on 12/3-(last day) will my ressie be locked into this offer.:confused3

Our TA is out of the office till tomorrow:mad: arewe going to miss out on this deal b/c she's gone?
This FD promo can be booked un October 27. If your current or preferred resort runs out of FD rooms/codes today, which isn't likely, there will still be plenty of FD rooms still left to book tomorrow. Always have a back up resort when you are booking or adding a code for FD.

I glanced quickly and didn't see this posted...

Free dining promo being offered for the following dates:

Dates for 2011:

Oct 2-8

Oct 30-Nov 5

Nov 13-19

Nov 27-Dec 3

Dec 11-17

Dates for 2012:

Jan 8-14

Jan 22- Feb 4

Feb 12-18

Mar 4-10

Mar 25-31

I don't know if it is exclusive to the agency that I received the info from or if I can post that agencies name on here? PM me if I need to send the info privately.
The dates are all over the Dis and on the Disney site itself...thanks for thuing of us all though:dance3:

So I was checking the disney website for hours this morning and couldn't see the new free dining offer for the life of me and thought I was going crazy, and tried puting in my December dates and it wouldn't let me...then realised I was on the Canada site! I checked the US site and the new free dining was in fact listed there already so I was able to book free dining for part of my trip for December! Not long after I did this I went back to the Canada site out of curiousity and they finally updated that as well. Next time I'll know to select the US site on the first morning of a new offer! Now all I have to do is call and cancel the previous booking I made online but I'll definitely wait until things have calmed down to do that. :)

For all of you who haven't made a reservation yet, I would suggest doing it online as it only takes a few minutes, as opposed to waiting on hold for hours. For those of you who are calling to have the discount applied to a current reservation, good luck and I hope you get through soon!

ok, I have a question. I booked a while back for the week of 12/11 to 12/18. I used a pincode I received to get a discount on our resort (the Polynesian). If I were to change the ressie to include the free dining, would I lose the discount I received on the resort?

ok, I have a question. I booked a while back for the week of 12/11 to 12/18. I used a pincode I received to get a discount on our resort (the Polynesian). If I were to change the ressie to include the free dining, would I lose the discount I received on the resort?

Yes. The room discount will be removed and you will pay rack rate and get the free dining. Disney does not allow combining or stacking of discounts. Determine which discount is best for you and your party before jumping on the free dining; sometimes a room discount is actually a better deal, especially at a deluxe resort.

Also remember the ONLY date that counts for the free dining promotion is the date you check in. If you are checking in on one of the listed dates you are good to go. If you are checking in outside of those periods you are not eligible for free dining for any part of your stay, unless you split your stay into two separate reservations.

Thank you so much!!! We are going to stick with our resort discount for sure. It saved us so much money this go around and I'm dying to stay at the Poly! Not to mention, I feel like we spend way too much time eating when we have the dining plan! LOL

Question! So I read in Passporter that these dates include blackout dates? I'll be going in March 23 to the 27th, do blackout dates mean that I can have it applied to my reservation that starts on the 23rd? If so, I already booked it, how will I go on doing this? I have a deluxe plan and I'm staying in a moderate, so could I cancel that, get the free one, then upgrade it? What are the fees for upgrade? Am I better off just leaving my package the way it is?? Somebody please help @ _ @ :confused3

I am confused...we were originally booked at POP with dining. I just changed it to Coronado with free dining and it is costing me $130 more for 4 nights. I thought with free dining the cost of the moderate (since the room difference is about $70 a night) would save me money?

If you stay at a Value, can you pay the differance to upgrade to the regular dining plan instead of the quick service one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter