2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

markpenske

Mouseketeer
So, we're trying to plan out our 2011 Disney trip. Can't decide when to go. If we knew the free dining plan was going to be offered and the dates it would be offered it would make our decision a lot easier.
I would guess it would be offered again.
Any predictions?
Thanks

I don't have any predictions, but I'm with you. Whether we stay at the Yacht Club or Dophin will depend on whether there is free dining in November. I don't know if they've ever had it in November, but I can hope...:)
Good luck to you!! Jen

We had it in November 2009. Can't remember when we booked it ...

I am really hoping they offer free dining again for this year. I wasn't a fan of the regular dining plan but free QSDP would be perfect for us.

They offered free dining for a lot of 2011 dates last summer. You had to book by the end of Dec. though. We got it for Aug 2011.

Yes we booked ours with free dining in Nov. Did it thru SW too so my airfare was included ( and didnt get hit by all the airline increases since then). Also, when booking SW thru travel agent, you can just put down deposit instead of paying in full as it would require online

So, we're trying to plan out our 2011 Disney trip. Can't decide when to go. If we knew the free dining plan was going to be offered and the dates it would be offered it would make our decision a lot easier.
I would guess it would be offered again.
Any predictions?
Thanks

There's honestly no way to know if they'll offer it again for this year. They did already, had to be booked by Dec 20th for a variety of dates in 2011.

I would have to agree with the previous poster. They offered it for quite a lot of dates for 2011. I'm not so sure it would be WDW best interest to offer it again..

I called CR yesterday and there were no offers associated with my name, called today and I had a free dining offer. He couldn't tell me dates but we put in a vaca for the first week of July and it took. So I would call, theres been some conversation that a few perks are coming out MArch 1. Availability was only for Deluxe resorts for me but I will continue to call, try to get a mod ressie with fd.Good luck

i heard from a disney rep that some kind of free dinning will be announced monday feb 28. I really need disney to get info out soon we are between disney in nov 2011 or a resort in the carribean.

2010- POP CENTURY 9 NIGHTS

This might be a totally obvious question, but I'll ask anyway b/c I'm slightly clueless...:)
If I book a room now and they offer some sort of free dining starting on Monday for the dates I'm booked, can I add the free dining then (after I've already booked)?

One more thing...
llb - are you saying your called the Contemporary (is that CR?) and asked them about a special in your name? And then are you saying that you booked a vacation and the special showed then? Sorry I'm so confused! LOL!

We're hoping for some kind of deal on CR for Nov 11/2011 for our 11th anniversary.

Jaymie - so you've already booked and are hoping to add if a special is given? I hope so too!! Sounds like a wonderful anniversary trip - congratulations!

I just got off the phone with CR and the rep said that they have had a ton of calls about the free dining getting rolled out again, and she told me to keep checking, because they have been told nothing officially, but rumors usually have some truth to them.......so fingers crossed, we are going in september, and would save a lot more with free dining then with the room only discount. So until then i will sit back and popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

My vote is for not at all. Either that or Disney sgould leave some ADRs aside for those of us that don't get the "free" dining.

Jaymie - so you've already booked and are hoping to add if a special is given? I hope so too!! Sounds like a wonderful anniversary trip - congratulations!

Nothing booked yet, still waiting to see what we can get. Although, We want to stay at CR, we'd survive at any Deluxe for this trip. OK any mod or value would do too. I'm not too picky as long as it's DISNEY!!:banana:

We went last year and stayed at the POP Century. My wife and I can't remember for sure but I thought the free dining came up as an option again in May after not being offered Jan till April. Hopefully they will bring it back in March but if not don't give up hope. The one thing that I did remember was the Free Dining that we took didn't start until the Value season started in Mid August. I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of you (and hopefully for us too!).:thumbsup2

My wife and I can't remember for sure but I thought the free dining came up as an option again in May after not being offered Jan till April. Hopefully they will bring it back in March but if not don't give up hope. The one thing that I did remember was the Free Dining that we took didn't start until the Value season started in Mid August. :thumbsup2

I always have to check mousesavers list of historical discounts to remember what was offered and when :cutie:

Per mousesavers, last years FD dates:

For stays 8/15/10-10/2/10 package deal ("free dining") for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders became available on 4/29/10, exp 8/14/10
For stays 8/15/10-10/2/10 package deal ("free dining") for general public became available on 5/3/10, exp 8/14/10
For stays 8/15/10-12/21/10 package deal ("free dining") for general public became available on 7/6/10, exp 8/14/10
For stays 10/1/10-12/21/10 package deal ("free dining") for general public became available on 8/16/10, exp 12/20/10

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

(FYI the FD offer that expired 12/20/10 included these 2011 dates: 1/1-1/5, 1/21-2/3, 2/11-/17, 2/25-3/3, 5/27-6/2, 8/19-9/29/11)

I think if Fd is offered for late Aug/Sept.,it will be only after 3/27 when the current promotion is done. I remember FD came out on Aprils Fools Day one year. As far as pins for free dining I think they may be some offered starting on 3/1 but only for dates up to August 13th.
Just my opinion:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter