2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

How do you get these pins? We're already booked for a Deluxe resort with the regular dining plan, which we paid for. I have no idea if we have any discounts associated with our room as we booked through a TA. I think the hotel is discounted as a volume discount through the TA, so I don't know if we can stack free dining on top of that.

Any ideas of what I can do to see if we can get in on this?

ETA - OK, so last night I was asking about how to get a PIN and today I got an email with one! Unfortunately (or fortunately), we're already getting a bigger room discount than the free dining would be, so it is of no use to me.

Do you think if I ask how I can win the lottery I'll get a winning number? Maybe I should buy a ticket...

I'm hoping someone from DISboards can help me out. I booked back in October for June 2-12 when the Free Dining was being offered. Because of some work reasons, I need to switch the dates to June 4-15. How do I know if I still qualify for FD?

Here's my biggest problem that I have been trying not to stress over, yet. I booked with an agent from another state than where I live (who I had been 110% satisfied with the last 5 trips he helped me plan).....and now....he will not respond to any of my e-mails and when I try to reach him, the numbers are no longer in service. I did call Disney once so far, but they said that I could not change and/or cancel my reservations....that this agent must do it. It's like he fell of the face of the Earth! I had never met him personally, but like I said, he had planned 5 (3 WDW, 1 Disneyland, 1 cruise) for me over the past several years and I was greatly impressed with his services. I even found his home number and that just rings and rings whenever I call it. :confused3

I was really hoping to get the FD, as it is a good savings for our group of 5 and we were excited to try some restaurants that we normally wouldn't if paying out of pocket.

Any advice?

I got the e-mail too but we are going in september...I am now thinking that maybe I should book a 2nd trip just to take advantage of it :confused3 I was so excited when I saw the email but now that I see the dates I kinda sad

Has anyone else heard this??? I just called to see if they have heard anything. Normally they tell me they do or don't for that day , but none after. The lady I spoke with today informed me they will NOT be offering the Free Disney Dining Deal the rest of this year! Has anyone else heard this??? Very upset!:mad:

Who knows.....can't say I believe everything the CMs tell you over the phone. Just to many conflictions. Maybe they will maybe they won't.

I can tell you this, if Disney isn't filling the rooms and people aren't coming they WILL bring out the big promos (like free dining), no matter what "they have previously said".

So to say that a CM answering the phone can speak for the whole company for the whole year.....well I would take that with a grain of salt.
Just like what the bus drivers tell you. ;)

Best thing to do is plan for no FD and then if it comes great.

I love FD, it is our best discount so it will be missed if more aren't released. But it will be back...sooner or later.

From what I've heard, there are cast members that claim that every year. Then "miraculously" the free dining promo is released the the general public the first week of April every year. Honestly, I don't know if cm's are kept in the loop about upcoming offers.

The only reason I would perhaps wonder if free dining is going to be released again this year is because profits were up in 2010 in WDW. They may try to trim the offers this year and see if profits still stay up.

not going to give up. I called Rob at AAA. He said Disney is doing things different this yr. He also said agents find out days before they post it. He's gonna call me if it pops up. I can only hope & dream! I only go when they have that. I have the 40% off rooms right now, but the FD is the best! Poor Rob, hopefully he just isn't saying that to get business! I already have it booked thru Disney! August 18th can come soon enough!

Hey SweetMommy! When was the Pin for? What dates? August? We are going Aug 18-26 . Where do people get the pins? in the email & mailers right? Have;t gotten one in a long time. Do they send them if you already have a reservation booked?

We got a Pin this AM for FD!

I got one yesterday, as well. In fact, I didn't realize it was a pin--I thought it was just a general announcement. Fingers crossed for you, OP, that you get one or that they open it up to all.

Hey SweetMommy! When was the Pin for? What dates? August? We are going Aug 18-26 . Where do people get the pins? in the email & mailers right? Have;t gotten one in a long time. Do they send them if you already have a reservation booked?

It was an email from Disney Destinations. The dates were from 4/23 -8/13 and have to be booked by 4/30.

I have a reservation already for March for which I used a room discount pin. I'm a little surprised that I got another pin--used to be I never got them. I guess it's feast or famine. ;)

We got the FD pin as well and it's for 4/23–8/13/11. I am not sure how or why they pick who they do to get the PINs. We started getting them when we started pricing our last trip and we've gotten them every since.

Well, just gonna keep my fingers crossed for the free meal plan then. Hopefully April will pop it up. Mean time will just sit tight and wait it out.:surfweb:

What emails should I sign up for to potentially receive pins in the future?

My cousin called Disney once and found out that there was a PIN linked to her name that she'd never been told about. Might be worth me calling and asking.

What emails should I sign up for to potentially receive pins in the future?

My cousin called Disney once and found out that there was a PIN linked to her name that she'd never been told about. Might be worth me calling and asking.

No one knows for sure how to increase chances to receive a PIN. If you're in their system then you have a chance.

Best bet for anyone is to book their Kids Play Free offer this month before it ends. That is a really good deal. Then if something better comes along later you can change. But at least you got your name down for a good offer.

Since I have booked all of my parents trips, I get their emails from Disney. While we have never gotten a pin, my parents have gotten several. Of course, we go every year and they have only gone twice.

Anyway, they received the free dining pin yesterday for the dates previously mentioned in this thread. In a change from what I usually see, the dining plan was only free with Deluxe resorts. At the moderate and value resorts, you could only get free quick service dining.

The email stated that this particular offere had to be booked by 4/30/11.

My dd spoke with a CM yesterday to see if there were any PIN's attached to our names (there aren't) and mentioned seeing a commercial a couple of weeks ago referring to free dining. The CM, said "yeah, that oops commerical wasn't supposed to be shown yet". My dd asked if there was going to be a free dining offer and she told her probably but it's not in the computer yet so she couldn't key it in for us. I'm starting to think none of the CM's who book the trips know anymore than we do about the promotions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter