2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

I hope FD gets announced this year. I have a PIN for room discounts, but free FD is a much better offer. When I did the math, I would save $500 more than I would with the room PIN.

I am not clear how you get "pins". could someone help me out on that one? do you need a pin for the free dining if it is offered? Where will I look to find the free dining offer it is comes out? I do have a disney visa card but I can't remember ever getting any kind of offers from it. Maybe I am just not paying attention or maybe they are e-mail and getting caught in my spam filter. Any info would be appreciated for this newbie :goodvibes

I am not clear how you get "pins". could someone help me out on that one? do you need a pin for the free dining if it is offered? Where will I look to find the free dining offer it is comes out? I do have a disney visa card but I can't remember ever getting any kind of offers from it. Maybe I am just not paying attention or maybe they are e-mail and getting caught in my spam filter. Any info would be appreciated for this newbie :goodvibes

Our PIN codes have always come via mail or email....it will say something like save 40% on stays between blah and blah. If you're not sure, you can always call the reservation line and ask if there is a pin code associated with your name, they will tell you; but you have to ask-if calling just to make a ressie they may not volunteer that info. As far as free dining goes, it is not PIN code related-its tied in with dates. Hope this helps. If/when they extend free dining, you'll be able to find that info on the WDW website, and there will most likely be commercials for it too.

Thank you for the info. That did help quite a bit. I will just really hope that the free dining is offered again for September. I am looking to take the family(7 of us) for our first Disney World trip. We have done Disneyland many many times, but it has always been a little too pricey to do Disneyworld. The free dining would make it possible for us to go!

Here's hoping....

false I was told monday we would see new offer. Nope, Im sad to say we will not see disney this year. Going to Nuevo Puerto Vallarta for 9 nights. Staying at two different resorts. Wow never done that but were excited of the all inclusive hotels with great reviews. Good luck to all .Hope too see you 2012 Disney!:surfweb:

My DD21 was just accepted into the College Program for the Fall, and so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Free Dining to be announced sometime between her arrival in August and January of 2012!

KC:shamrock:

One more thing...
llb - are you saying your called the Contemporary (is that CR?) and asked them about a special in your name? And then are you saying that you booked a vacation and the special showed then? Sorry I'm so confused! LOL!

I called Cr (customer rep), sorry! First one told me I had nothing associated with my name.Second one told me I had a code and gave it to me, told me it was for free dining but couldn't give me any more info. third one told me I did have a pin, but only agreed to tell me that because I had the number, he said if I didn't have the number he would not have told me anything, but he said the number wasn't active. Called tonight, 4th rep said she see's the number but it won't be active until tomorrow that why I can't book online. she can't give me dates but told me to call tomorrow, or I could book tonight and change to free dining tomorrow. I told her I didn;t want to book because I wanted to go in July and the FD might be for Fall, she said-July should be fine-guess I have to read between the lines.

I called disney today, and found out I had a pin code for free dining in my name (haven't even gotten an email yet). I was so excited I almost fell out of my chair :banana:, then I found out it wasn't good for our dates (not flexible this year) :sad1:. Talk about an emotional roller coaster!

But thought I would post, since it might give hope to others. Sending pixie dust your way!

I called disney today, and found out I had a pin code for free dining in my name (haven't even gotten an email yet). I was so excited I almost fell out of my chair :banana:, then I found out it wasn't good for our dates (not flexible this year) :sad1:. Talk about an emotional roller coaster!

But thought I would post, since it might give hope to others. Sending pixie dust your way!

Curious what dates you were looking for?

Some one just wrote that free dining with a pin has quick service for the values and moderates, Does any one know if this is true?. If so I think the Disney bean counters should be ashamed of themselves for trying to scrap every nickel out of something. Why don't they invent something new to generate income. Talk about sucking the magic right out of Disney , Did you think I wouldn't notice. I feel ashamed for being a value or a moderate customer.

yes disney has pins for free dinning during the summer season from now unitl august 13 2011 free dinning with counter service for values and mods and regular dinning for deluxe and higher. This is awesome for some but for us we wanted to go in nov so we may just have to wait or go somewhere else.
Different type of dinning for values and moderates but it seems that since it is the summer months they have to push the margin a bit higher. Good luck to all that were expecting this great offer still even though it seems that its not the original free dinning everyone expeted. its still a discount .:cool1::surfweb:

Just thought I would check in I am seeing people that have called the CR and gotten pins codes attached to their names for free dining. We have our dates reserved already and deposit made but would love to see free dining. What are the dates that are being attached to the names. Thought I would ask before I call and get my hopes up.
Thanks all you awesome DISNEY fans
Kim

Just thought I would check in I am seeing people that have called the CR and gotten pins codes attached to their names for free dining. We have our dates reserved already and deposit made but would love to see free dining. What are the dates that are being attached to the names. Thought I would ask before I call and get my hopes up.
Thanks all you awesome DISNEY fans
Kim

I didn't ask the dates but I did get it for 7/1 to 7/8, rep gave me the impression it was good for any date in July. good luck

Some one just wrote that free dining with a pin has quick service for the values and moderates, Does any one know if this is true?. If so I think the Disney bean counters should be ashamed of themselves for trying to scrap every nickel out of something. Why don't they invent something new to generate income. Talk about sucking the magic right out of Disney , Did you think I wouldn't notice. I feel ashamed for being a value or a moderate customer.

Its true, I booked a mod thinking I would get reg dining, but I was told it has changed to quick service for values and mods. I upgraded to basic for $13. extra each person. I do believe values should be quick, mods basic and deluxe-deluxe. But I am not in charge!

Curious what dates you were looking for?

I was looking for 9/5. The Pin Code was good from 4/3-8/13.

The disney rep was very friendly & helpful, and sounded optomistic that dates could eventually be extended. Keeping my fingers crossed.

just got my pin code email :). Unfortunately they have something wrong in my info and I have to call to use my pin code so I have to wait till tommorow to reserve :(. I've got 2 seperate weeks planned in case I hit blackout dates, but I'm psyched because we'll likely be going in May instead of waiting till fall!

Interesting fact went on vacation last July, been to Disney over a dozen times. I literally haven't been on the Disney vacation website since early fall. ( Job Problems) Logged in the day before yesterday and just got the pin for free dinning deluxe 7/17 -8/13 and mods and values 6/3 -8/13 regular dining on deluxes , QS on values and mods. Just thought you would like to know.

Jack

Booked May 24-30 on Free Dining at ASMusic (only value with FD rooms available for my stay). I'm so excited :yay:. We decided to keep the QSDP and just pay OOP for a couple of TS meals instead of upgrading. We had originally planned to go in October so it is totally going to surprise my daughter that we are going in May :thumbsup2. We aren't going to tell her anything till we get to the airport. I can't wait to see the look on her face!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I just got the free dining email also for 4/23 - 8/13. The late summer room discounts still seem like the better deal though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter