2011 Free Dining is Extended! New dates as of 8/3

I called today and couldn't get the free dining for Oct 12th but I knew that all ready. It never hurts to try though lol! I have a few weeks to pay it off so I am waiting for a pin code. :thumbsup2

Hi
thanks so much for the FAQ-I have been very confused about the whole thing. I was told that you are obligated to buy a $99 photobook to qualify for FD, is that true?

Also, I booked with a 40% off room only discount (but I do have a MYW package with DxD). Would it save me more money to lose the room only and change to the FD promo, adding the extra $30/day to keep my deluxe plan? I'm staying 4 nights 9/1-9/5 btw.

I have a question. We were looking at a trip, checking in on March 31 (which is the last day of the current promotion). If we check in that date, will fhe free dining cover our entire stay?

Thanks!

I was told "no" when I called, but with different dates that yours. I was trying to check in on Dec. 3rd (last day of promotion for that week) and staying until the 11th. I was told that wouldn't work. I'm curious to see if anyone is told something different when they call.

We are staying 10/7-10/11 Poly CL booked through AAA (2 adults). Applying FD would increase our package by 360.00 as we would lose the AAA discount. It looks like we would be better off keeping the AAA as any $ we could possibly save on food would be less than 360.00. We are primarily going for the F&W Festival with only 2 ADRs booked-California Grill and Hollywood Brown Derby, as well as planning on attending PFTS. We don't usually do counter service because of snacking our way around WS, so it wouldn't make sense for us this trip to switch to the FD promo.
Congrats to all that got their great deals :)

I was told "no" when I called, but with different dates that yours. I was trying to check in on Dec. 3rd (last day of promotion for that week) and staying until the 11th. I was told that wouldn't work. I'm curious to see if anyone is told something different when they call.

I was able to book for a week starting 1-14, the last day of FD for that previous week. I would call back.

I got free dining day applied to a vacation I already had booked. It took me 27 attempts to get through the phone lines to speak to a CM and get the FD applied to my ressie. I'm excited it came out for our dates!! :woohoo:

I got a message saying that all circuits were busy when I called. But, when I called back and heard the message, I just waited a few seconds. I heard the Tinkerbell sound and was connected. Weird. The phone never rang.

I was able to book for a week starting 1-14, the last day of FD for that previous week. I would call back.

I decided to try and book online and I was able to get the dates I wanted in December starting the 3rd with the free dining! I also called just to double check that reservation and make sure it included the free dining.

Already had a trip booked to start Oct. 7th. Called in today, upgraded from All Star Sports to the Caribbean Beach and saved $800. Same trip, better resort. Happy Birthday to me. Should I tell my wife or surprise her when we land?

Already had a trip booked to start Oct. 7th. Called in today, upgraded from All Star Sports to the Caribbean Beach and saved $800. Same trip, better resort. Happy Birthday to me. Should I tell my wife or surprise her when we land?

Surprise her!! :yay::yay::yay:

We're going Nov 5 to 12, checking in on the last day before the Jersey week blackout, and had no problems getting the discount for our stay.

I had originally made reservations for 12/3-12/13 back in March. When I called this morning, the CM just added free dining to my reservation. I didn't have any problems.:surfweb:

Question: We are booked for the Nov 20th through 29th (we have a wedding to attend on Nov 19 and it is impossible to get there that day). Is it possible to book the room and pay in advance and just not check in until the 20th (in other words pay for the extra night of Nov 19th and extra day of tickets, but not physically be there til Nov 20th)?

I doubt it , but it's the only thing I can think of short of making my 70 yo father drive from PA to FLA and check in for me that day :)

It took an hour including more than 30 minutes on hold, but I got my free dining and saved over $600 on our package!

and can upgrade to the Deluxe Plan if you are staying at a Moderate or Deluxe Resort. The Deluxe Dining Plan has never been included in any free dining promos. Here is a breakdown of FD upgrade costs for 2011:

I wanted to thank you, Princess Tiffany, for being so very helpful about these FD upgrade details. I did not even think about this route, but it helps me out a lot!

Can anyone just confirm for me one more time (because I tend to get these things wrong!) that Deluxe Dining does include appetizer, while Basic/Plus does not include appetizer? Do children also get the appetizer as well? (I would rather they get a soup or appetizer than get dessert every time, so this is very appealing to me.)

Question: We are booked for the Nov 20th through 29th (we have a wedding to attend on Nov 19 and it is impossible to get there that day). Is it possible to book the room and pay in advance and just not check in until the 20th (in other words pay for the extra night of Nov 19th and extra day of tickets, but not physically be there til Nov 20th)?

I doubt it , but it's the only thing I can think of short of making my 70 yo father drive from PA to FLA and check in for me that day :)
No, I'm sorry, but they will not let you do that. You would need to do a room only reservation for that one night and start your package the next day to get the discount. Please see this thread on info about Free Dining and Split Stays:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2771101

I wanted to thank you, Princess Tiffany, for being so very helpful about these FD upgrade details. I did not even think about this route, but it helps me out a lot!

Can anyone just confirm for me one more time (because I tend to get these things wrong!) that Deluxe Dining does include appetizer, while Basic/Plus does not include appetizer? Do children also get the appetizer as well? (I would rather they get a soup or appetizer than get dessert every time, so this is very appealing to me.)
Yes, the appetizer is included in the Deluxe plan. For children, an appetizer is also included in the Basic/Plus DDP.

I guess, since we won't be in the room at all we don't really think so.

Have you looked into remaining in the value resort and upgrading to full dining? That way you only spend a little more to upgrade food, not a lot more to upgrade room.
It's never been cheaper for us to go to a moderate, even with the full dining there.

Have you looked into remaining in the value resort and upgrading to full dining? That way you only spend a little more to upgrade food, not a lot more to upgrade room.
It's never been cheaper for us to go to a moderate, even with the full dining there.

We were already signed up for full dining at POP, which is why I didn't expect the jump to be so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!