Who enjoys the "Tomorrowland Transit Authority"?

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
I have enjoyed the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (Wedway Peoplemover) for as long as I have been visiting WDW. We go in Sept. and we sit on this for a 1/2 hr or so when my DD is exhausted and needs a break. The CM's are always so nice and never tell us to get out, especially when DD has fallen asleep for a catnap.

Does anyone else enjoy this ride or am I the only one?????

Best kept secret ride in MK! No lines, no wait! We NEVER miss going on it!

I love it so much that I came out of lurkdom just to let everyone know! LOL It's so relaxing!
Lisa

We are going for the first time on the 5th of April. What is this and where is this?

Originally posted by crow11ad
We are going for the first time on the 5th of April. What is this and where is this?

Best wishes on your upcoming marriage! The TTA is in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom. I'm struggling to tell you exactly where to find it, someone help me here. It's the escalator up near __________(someone fill in the blank please) and its so relaxing and fun. You get a birds eye view above the crowds and a peek into some attractions (Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear). Plus the commentary as you travel is priceless: "Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow" and "Please keep forward facing tenticles inside the vehicle."

The little ones we travel with love it that they can see inside Space Mountain even though they're not big or brave enough yet to ride it.

It's the best place to take a break on a hot day or when you're tired and need to sit and relax.

It used to to be called the WEDway People Mover (WED for Walter Elias Disney) but is now the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (TTA).

I ride with my son as DH and DD wait in line for Space Mountain. We have never waited and have stayed on for more. My son even thinks he rides on Space Mtn since it takes a short visit thru the ride.

In response to where this is......it is across the way from the entrance to Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin. It doesn't really stick out because you have to take an escalator up to it. This is not a ride that is on the ground. Hope this helps:wave:

wow quick responses. Thank you. So we go next to Buzz and ask for the TTA is?

It's relaxing and great for cooling off for a few minutes - and my DD (4 1/2 on our November 2003 visit to WDW) says this is one of her fave rides in WDW! We rode it twice (at her request), and she is already talking about riding it on our trip next month! She especially loves passing thru Space Mountain and Buzz.::yes::

I also LOVE this one. It's my favorite way to "put my feet up" at MK. I ride on it several times every time I go to Disney. I'm taking my son on his first trip this summer and we will not miss it.

The entrance to the TTA is located directly beneath the AstroOrbiter. I think that is the reason a lot of people miss it, because it looks like the entrance to the AO (which is actually off to the side.) It's right in the middle of Tomorrowland. With your back to Buzz Lightyear, facing Space Mountain, you will see The Lunching Pad snack bar directly in front of you. Move around to the right of the Lunching Pad, and you will find the inclined moving walkway that takes you up to the TTA. :sunny:

I love this ride. I ride it at least two or three times a visit. I like to take it while the guys are riding space mountain. It's a great pplace to cool off and get off your feet.

Dona :wave2: :wave:

It's always been one of our favorite "rides" at WDW.
After the train ride around the MK, it's our very first stop inside the park.

I love it! When my 14 year-old son was younger, he wouldn't ride Space Mountain, so we would ride the TTA. He loved seeing the little bit of Space Mountain:D My favorite time to ride it is at night-the park looks so beautiful!

It's still a Must-Do for us, after all these years. It'll always be the WEDway to us, tho. We even videotaped the whole trip one year.

If you are heading towards Buzz Lightyear, facing back towards Space Mountain, the entrance to TTA will be an elevator to your left. The loading area right below the Astro-Orbiters.

Love it. Have some great castle pics we took while on it. That and Carousel of Progress are great places to take a break in tomorrowland. It is also a great barometer of how crowded the park is when TTA is packed it's time to head back to the hotel.

Crow11ad, it's pretty much in the center of Tomorrowland, like others said, under the astro Orbiter. I recommend that you go there first, and get a overall view of Tomorrow land, then go on what you want there (since it's your first trip).

Have a great time!

PS: I usually ride this to realax too! We also rode this on the Keys to the Kingdom tour back in 2001.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter