WDW rides/shows that I will not do again!

Jungle Cruise is amazing- it's corny jokes and animals are a must do since it's a walt original

I have nothing against JC the ride itself. I won't call it amazing, but OK.
However we were burned by wait times with either wayyyy off posted times, or ride going down at RD that we just don't want to do it anymore.

Every time one of these "Rides I Don't Like," posts come out, I make note of everyone who puts the classics in there. HAHA
There are not many things at WDW that make me laugh harder than seeing people on Jungle Cruise who clearly had no idea what the attraction was about and those people ALWAYS seem to be sitting right next to the skipper.

I pretty much don't do anything in Studios - but that is more a factor that I'm not going to waste the time getting there and then to another park for the 3 things I like there (ToT, RnRC, and Muppets).

The only other things that are a hard pass for me are:
Hall of Presidents - forever ruined for me now
Happily Ever After - too disjointed and can't figure out if it wants to be a projection show or fireworks...I'd rather they pick one or the other, and since they have OUAT which is projections, IMHO Happily Ever After should be fireworks and music only.

Mission Space. It's not very good and the buttons do nothing. I also got stuck on it for half an hour, that sucked too.

4. Illuminations

GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!!

Happily Ever After - too disjointed and can't figure out if it wants to be a projection show or fireworks...I'd rather they pick one or the other, and since they have OUAT which is projections, IMHO Happily Ever After should be fireworks and music only.

I have to admit, the projections are amazing for HEA, but after seeing it once or twice, I much prefer watching the fireworks from the Poly, and that way I don't have to decide what I want to be watching since I'm forced into fireworks only. And the fireworks are sweet sweet action so it's worth it.

Here is ours:

1. Frozen show in HS. I don't get the following. DD4 is Frozen obsessed, but even she was getting bored in there.

2. Monsters Laugh Floor. Once was enough.

3. All EPCOT circlevision films. Once was enough for those.

4. Illuminations

Everybody has different likes and dislikes.
We enjoy the Frozen show, maybe more the comedy of the narrators than the rest.
The circlevision shows are a must do everytime. Love the photography, and the music in France (not a circle vision).
Love Illuminations.
Monsters laughfloor if we have nothing else to do.

Mission Space. It's not very good and the buttons do nothing. I also got stuck on it for half an hour, that sucked too.

The buttons that are part of the story do work. If you press them the sequence starts immediately. If you do not within a few seconds you will be notified of a "Computer Override" and then it does the same thing. Those buttons are registered though. Everything else is just there for show, but I still love playing with them.

Alien Swirling Saucers... don't understand why someone over 6 would enjoy it. My 9 year old was bored the whole time.

Space Mountain.... just too jerky and i'm too old. Especially after giving it a try again during the Halloween party in total darkness..Aweful !

Stitch.

Never. Ever. Again.

Astro Orbiter- made the mistake of riding in the same rocket as DH and even though we are both pretty small people I felt like we needed the jaws of life to get us out, I also didn't like the whole boarding process it just took forever when we did it.

Stitch-No explanation needed here.

Haven’t even done stitch yet. I keep putting it off. I still get nightmares from the alien ride that was there before. (I forget the name.)

The Carousel in fantasyland is one I’ll probably never do again. It’s just like every other carousel. No need to waste time in my opinion.

I agree with you on barnstormer too. Will never do that again.

Carousel of Progress is my number one must do. I live in terror every time some suggests taking it down.

Stitch top of the list.
Wonders of Life - haven't seen the Up version except videos, won't waste my time there.
Rafikis Planet Watch
Journey into Imagination - such a shame as the original was Sooooooo good
Inoventions - nothing there
Speedway not until they get rid of the gas cars (the fumes are horrible) and go electric, then it will be cool again.

Stitch’s Great Escape is permanently closed, so no one’s doing it again.

Last edited:
The buttons that are part of the story do work. If you press them the sequence starts immediately. If you do not within a few seconds you will be notified of a "Computer Override" and then it does the same thing. Those buttons are registered though. Everything else is just there for show, but I still love playing with them.

What I should have said is that they have no impact on the ride. Button presses or no button presses, the ride still does the same thing. I was in the ride vehicle alone and pressed no buttons and aside from the Computer Override audio que, the ride did the exact same thing.

The only 2 rides I haven’t/ won’t ever ride are Mission Space and Kali Rapids.

I am terribly claustrophobic and don’t want to get drenched.

Anything else is fair game.

I can honestly say there is not a single attraction at WDW that I would write off in this manner. Sure, I have my favorites and on a short trip I would have to potentially skip something. But. they all have memories of of some sort, and given the opportunity, I could find a reason and the time to do them all.

Kali River Rapids is on my list. I never even give my family an option of getting a FP+ for it because I don't want to be wet all day and my son hates being a little bit wet, so it is a no go.

Jungle cruise. That is a horrible trip with bad jokes. Burn that ride down with fire...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter