WDW rides/shows that I will not do again!

I guess we are just Disney junkies, because we will do any attraction again (except Tiki birds). We don't do them all every trip, but we don't write any of them off, especially when it is crowded. Every attraction has an appeal for us, even if it is just to think of the history or laugh at the silliness. Star Tours can make me nauseas, but I will still ride it every once in a while for my daughter. And she will suffer through TOT for me. We really enjoy every aspect of our visits. We hadn't done the Speedway in a while, but took my granddaughter (3) in March and July and she absolutely loved it, so she and I rode it several times and I laughed the entire time because she laughed every time the car hit the rail. And since she was driving, it hit the rail constantly. I am glad we enjoy it all because when it is crowded, we still have options that appeal to us. We have been known to sit in COP 5 rides in a row during Christmas week and love every minute.

Wow! 10 pages in under a week. Okay, well, here's my 'never do again' list.

Stitch... okay, I haven't actually done it, but I did that Alien thing in the same theatre. I don't mind feeling things crawling on me or air whizzing behind me, but I absolutely cannot stand those harness 'seatbelts'. They give me panic attacks. I can't breathe. I mean literally I'm gasping and I can't lean forward to control the attack. So no Stitch for me.

Mission Space Green... see above. It has the same harnesses. Orange? Forget about it! Not happening!

Won't waste my time on Astro Orbiters or Flying Carpets, but I'd go on the Teacups if I could convince anyone in my family to join me.

I love Carousel of Progress. Okay, yeah, it's dated. Really dated. But it was my favourite when I was a kid and seeing it brings me back to those... simpler times. 'Now is the time, Now is the best time of your life...'

Never been to Tom Sawyer's Island or on the rafts or the steam boat. I guess I don't know if I'm missing anything. Am I?

Not a fan of the Living Seas, but I won't miss Living with the Land. I'd love to do the Behind the Seeds tour. I've wanted to do it since EPCOT opened. I even bought myself a grow lamp and bin to try out hydroponics (I know, theirs is Aeroponics... one step at a time) in my basement. My lettuce bolted and nothing else ever sprouted. :oops:

Not a fan of Nemo, but I do enjoy Lion King. I've seen it several times, though, so I don't think I can get the family in there again.

I liked Kali River Rapids. I also brought a poncho from the dollar store, so I wasn't wet all day.

Kali River Rapids. I will never understand the allure of walking around soaking wet for the rest of the day.

I don’t mind getting wet, especially when it’s hot out. But I’m amazed at how short this ride is. I’ve only ridden Kali with a FP. I can’t imagine waiting on a long standby line.

I don’t mind getting wet, especially when it’s hot out. But I’m amazed at how short this ride is. I’ve only ridden Kali with a FP. I can’t imagine waiting on a long standby line.

So am I! The first (and only) time we went on it, I said, "that's it???"

We are back from our WDW trip, and i thought i would share what rides/attractions we thought we would never do again and why.

1) The Barnstormer: a 10 sec ride with a wait of 15 minutes (through the FP line). really?
It was so quick and lame (a short mini coaster that should be in six flags not at WDW). plus, the seat is so uncomfortable and made my back hurt. my kids were also very disappointed.

2) Jungle Cruise: we went to do it after RD, with a posted 10 min wait. it ended up being more like a 30 minute wait to get on the ride. some issue with boats, IDK. in 2012 same issue happened to us on this ride. I'm not doing this again.

3) Carrousel of Progress: excruciating 20 minutes that i will not get back again in my life.

4) Mission Space (orange): felt like puking for an hour after the ride.

5) Primeval Whirl: waste of time especially with Rider Swap when you have kids in tow.

Am I missing something :-?
What do you guys think?
1 never done it
2 love it, have to ride at least once every trip
3 One of Walts favorite attractions, and an absolute must do for me
4 Always the less intense side. I suspect I would have the same reaction to the Orange side as you did
5 Again, never bothered with it.

When my DGD and I got off KRR, we were confused. I had read so much about it and how great it was....then, a lame "people are bad" story (cool smells, though) and a 2 second ride to drop down a little hill and get wet.....as water rides go, it was lousy. As environmental lessons go, it was lousy. And, trying to protect my camera for this ride was a waste.....Maybe I had a stroke in the middle and missed the fun part?

the barnstormer is more of a kiddie ride.. i can't barely fit into them anyway..

i will agree on this one.. NEVER AGAIN:
5) Primeval Whirl:

Mission space is also not on the top of my list. Last time i rode it with my son because no one else wanted to.. but if given an option, i opt out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter