Universal Studios Harry Potter London Diagon Alley Expansion Pictures

Large evergreen trees are now being planted around the station at Hogsmeade.

It appears the final touch work on Diagon is really accelerated lately, so the June 1st (or maybe even a week before) for soft openings may happen. The small IOA side of the expansion seems the most behind at the moment.

It appears there some sort of internal mini rush (aka soft bet) to get Gringott's soft opened before the seven dwarves mine train's official grand opening. Competition is pretty good, either way it very well may happen.

We're arriving June 4th and were hoping Diagonal Alley would open- keeping fingers crossed that there are no delays.
Does anyone know if Universal will have the same policy of allowing on site guests to enter the park 1 hour earlier for Diagonal Alley?

This is an absolute guess, but I bet Universal is pushing for a June 20th Grand Opening. That's around the same time Hogsmeade opened.

It appears the final touch work on Diagon is really accelerated lately, so the June 1st (or maybe even a week before) for soft openings may happen. The small IOA side of the expansion seems the most behind at the moment.

It appears there some sort of internal mini rush (aka soft bet) to get Gringott's soft opened before the seven dwarves mine train's official grand opening. Competition is pretty good, either way it very well may happen.

We're arriving June 4th and were hoping Diagonal Alley would open- keeping fingers crossed that there are no delays.
Does anyone know if Universal will have the same policy of allowing on site guests to enter the park 1 hour earlier for Diagonal Alley?

Nothing has been announced yet.I would suspect they will have early entry for Diagon alley ( they did last summer for Transformers opening and the summer before for Despicable me opening) but no one knows for sure

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm REALLY hoping it doesn't open until after June 1 (including soft openings). While we are huge Harry Potter fans, we only have 1 day to do both parks, and we aren't staying on property. Our only hope to having a fun day is if there are not "Harry Potter Opening" crowds. Best case scenario for us: Soft Openings announced for June 2 (or anytime there after), so the park will be normal crowded or even a touch (dare I say it?) quiet on June 1. Worst case scenario: Diagon Alley opens June 1 or sometime in May. I saw pictures of the first HP opening and it looked INSANE :crowded:. No, thank you. If it opens before we get there, we might cancel our Universal day and try to go next year when we come back.

I heard from a VERY reliable source that works with Universal Studios that no way it will be open in May so my hopes for it being open the week after Memorial Day is a no go. I asked about the soft opening June 1st and he said it is a possibility but he knew the real opening was not for a few weeks after that.

Looking for tips for June 23-27..... Hoping to see the new HP section. We are renting a home off site. We are not buying express passes either. Last year we arrived at rope drop and were able to get on Transformers within an hour. Any ideas?

Looking for tips for June 23-27..... Hoping to see the new HP section. We are renting a home off site. We are not buying express passes either. Last year we arrived at rope drop and were able to get on Transformers within an hour. Any ideas?

If HP opens then and is ANYTHING remotely like the opening of the original..Plan on HUGE crowds and long long long long waits to even get into that area of the park

If we booked a night's stay at Cabana Bay, would that get us early entry? We were at IOA/US in July 2010. Crazy busy....didn't know if it was because of HP or because it was July....we try to stay away from Orlando in July.

If we booked a night's stay at Cabana Bay, would that get us early entry? We were at IOA/US in July 2010. Crazy busy....didn't know if it was because of HP or because it was July....we try to stay away from Orlando in July.

Early entry should help yes.

Was able to hit up Universal for a bit this morning. Took off when tons of teenagers starting swarming in, for Grad Bash tonight. Both parks close at 6PM....anyway onto Potter pics from today:

Full Post here: http://www.allaroundorlando.net/2014/04/photo-gallery-universal-studios-diagon.html

DSC_1042.JPG

DSC_1040.JPG

DSC_1044.JPG

DSC_1008.JPG

DSC_1017.JPG

DSC_1018.JPG

DSC_1019.JPG

DSC_1025.JPG

DSC_1032.JPG

DSC_1036.JPG

DSC_1046.JPG

DSC_1048.JPG

DSC_1049.JPG

DSC_1052.JPG

At IOA,

DSC_1062.JPG

DSC_1064.JPG

So many great details. If the inside is as great as the outside, we have a winner for sure.

Wow Diagon Alley / London looks absolutely amazing! King's Cross actually looks like King's Cross (though without the old or new extensions - probably a good thing though)!

Thanks for the pictures and I really hope I get to see it when I'm there in June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter