Universal Studios Harry Potter London Diagon Alley Expansion Pictures

We are going the week of June 14th. Haven't been there in about 20 years so I am not sure what to expect. Not sure if I would like the new part to be open the week we are there. Doing a lot of research to try and get the most for our stay there. Also going to Sea World for the first time.

Ooops realised right after I posted it that June 13th is my nephews birthday :rotfl2: knew it rang a bell for some reason LOL

Another update from Wednesday...

Full post here: http://allaroundorlando.blogspot.com/2014/02/observations-from-universal-studios.html

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

DSC_0291.JPG

DSC_0295.JPG

DSC_0282.JPG

DSC_0285.JPG

Wow, things are really moving quickly.Wait. You mean it really doesn't take 3 or four years after announcement to show progress on a new expansion or attraction.

Wow, things are really moving quickly.Wait. You mean it really doesn't take 3 or four years after announcement to show progress on a new expansion or attraction.

And I thought only Disney paid attention to detail!!!! Silly me!!!! ;)

Great pictures thanks for the regular updates Poly Guy- I'm loving the attention to detail and very excited for this new park addition. I am starting to doubt that this will be launched sometime in June which many seem to be suggesting.

They have made rapid progress which is really impressive but the scale of work which appears to be remaining to get everything ready, plus test the rides for safety, all within 3 months doesn't seem possible.

I read an article on a site this week mentioning that they have to conduct 3000 hours of cycle testing on the Gringotts coaster before it can be made available to the public. I am assuming that a cycle test is a dummy run?? if thats the case then if they started today and did the tests for 24 hours it would take 125 days!

does anyone know if these facts are correct?:confused3

I think it would be great if they could launch in June (especially since i will be there in July!) but have my doubts.

would love to hear others thoughts.

When we were there March 9th and 10th, on the 9th when you walked around the lake there was a high wood fence only on the HP side - so you could see across the water and all the attractions across the lake. When we went back on the 10th there were high fences on both sides - view of the lake and stuff was blocked. Just curious why that would be.

Thanks for posting........looks great.

I don't like the white letters for Kings Cross though, kinda looks wrong to me.

Wyndhams and Leicester- are these in the books/movies? I do not recall.... or are they just iconic London and that is why they are part of the "London" area at the DA expansion? I'm gonna have to watch the movies again to see if I can spot these buildings.

Though I love seeing the updated pix of London, I wish we could see pix of Diagon Alley, especially Gringotts... even though it must be a closely guarded secret still at this point. Those pix will be incredible I'm sure!!!

Loving seeing the photos but previous poster is correct the Kings Cross letters are wrong. But, I can live without the correct letters if the ride is great!:lmao:

I'm a voracious follower of this project and plan to return 1,800 miles to Florida specifically to see this expansion in November.

However, something just dawned on me. These buildings in the photos, they look like they're about four stories high, at least some of them.

Will there be anything actually *in* some of the buildings, or are these simply walls, in a way ... meant to look nice to not be accessible to the public?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest