Tried to be sneaky but the trick was on us! A family reunites... June 2014

I'm sorry the heat got to you that day. I don't know how I used to do trips during the summer, but now most of our trips are in October when it's a bit cooler.

I can't wait to see this new Co-op store I keep hearing about.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Trust me, nobody's family is perfect and everyone has their stuff to deal with. Hang in there.

pixiedust:HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCIE!pixiedust:

I know that this is weird/odd/strange/whatever but one of the reasons that I haven't considered a value resort is because of the bus stops. I just wouldn't want to stand in an uncovered line in the middle of the May & June heat.

Speaking of heat, I'm betting that the heat contributed to your little guy's meltdown. You know how the heat can make you feel grumpy. I hated to hear that you felt ill too because of how dang hot it was.

At least you were able to cool off by ducking into some of the air conditioned stores. It sounds like you came away with some cute things too which is always a good thing in my book

Thank you LISA!!! :))

The heat can definitely make you grumpy for sure. UGh, just thinking about it makes me grumpy. LOL

I'm sorry the heat got to you that day. I don't know how I used to do trips during the summer, but now most of our trips are in October when it's a bit cooler.

I can't wait to see this new Co-op store I keep hearing about.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Trust me, nobody's family is perfect and everyone has their stuff to deal with. Hang in there.

October definitely makes the best trips!!

Thank you! It is kind of embarrassing but I do remind myself that everyone has their flaws and it's not a reflection of me. <3 Of course, you love your family, no matter what.

I'm sorry about your water heater and your brother. Those are no good. And talk about stressful. Hope you all are making the best out of some bad situations.

Oh my gosh, I would have FREAKED if I'd dropped something in throw up. Throw up that wasn't even mine.:scared::crazy2:

That was a fun idea for Father's Day, letting the boys loose in an arcade.:rotfl2:

But oh dear, that heat sounds awful. Very, very, smart idea to go into some shops and cool off. Heat exhaustion would not have been good!!

I saw all if. Landon's birthday pictures on Facebook. He is just too cute! And I love all his blonde hair. Both of your boys are gonna be heartbreakers, Marcie!:rotfl:

Hi, Marcie - I'm a little late, but I'm reading along!

I'm so glad you were able to join your family for this trip - it looks like you had such a great day at Magic Kingdom and you were able to enjoy so many fun surprises! pixiedust:

I absolutely understand about the heat - my last Disney trip was in late May and that almost did me in. Thank goodness for air conditioning!

I'm sorry about your family troubles. I hope everything works out for the best for you - you're certainly not alone in having fun family issues. :hug:

I'm sorry about your water heater and your brother. Those are no good. And talk about stressful. Hope you all are making the best out of some bad situations.

Oh my gosh, I would have FREAKED if I'd dropped something in throw up. Throw up that wasn't even mine.:scared::crazy2:

That was a fun idea for Father's Day, letting the boys loose in an arcade.:rotfl2:

But oh dear, that heat sounds awful. Very, very, smart idea to go into some shops and cool off. Heat exhaustion would not have been good!!

I saw all if. Landon's birthday pictures on Facebook. He is just too cute! And I love all his blonde hair. Both of your boys are gonna be heartbreakers, Marcie!:rotfl:

Thank you for the thoughts, Alicia!!!

yea, the throw up was pretty bad... Speaking of it, Lawson decided to throw up all over me this past Saturday. Life as a mom. <3

I guess I need to start gathering the sticks to beat the girls off, huh??

Hi, Marcie - I'm a little late, but I'm reading along!

I'm so glad you were able to join your family for this trip - it looks like you had such a great day at Magic Kingdom and you were able to enjoy so many fun surprises! pixiedust:

I absolutely understand about the heat - my last Disney trip was in late May and that almost did me in. Thank goodness for air conditioning!

I'm sorry about your family troubles. I hope everything works out for the best for you - you're certainly not alone in having fun family issues. :hug:

Oh thank you! I know all families have their troubles and I'm glad to know I am not alone.

Definitely right about thank goodness for the AC! Don't know how I would have made it thorough without those ACed shops!

I am glad you decided to follow along! I enjoyed your last TR!

Hi there! :wave2:

Back again :laughing: I keep popping in and out, I know. Thank goodness for a very long Fall Break weekend! Gives me lots of time to get caught up!

Sorry to hear about the issues at home. When it rains it pours, it seems.

And the heat in FL is horrible!!! I had forgotten how bad it was until I went this past August. Even though I live in the heart of the South, you never get use to the 100 degree weather.

Love the pictures at Cape May! We've never done this character experience. I keep saying we'll do it when we stay at BC or YC...and haven't been there, yet. One day!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!!
Heather

Hi there! :wave2:

Back again :laughing: I keep popping in and out, I know. Thank goodness for a very long Fall Break weekend! Gives me lots of time to get caught up!

Sorry to hear about the issues at home. When it rains it pours, it seems.

And the heat in FL is horrible!!! I had forgotten how bad it was until I went this past August. Even though I live in the heart of the South, you never get use to the 100 degree weather.

Love the pictures at Cape May! We've never done this character experience. I keep saying we'll do it when we stay at BC or YC...and haven't been there, yet. One day!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!!
Heather

Hey Heather! It's ok- I know how busy life is! That's why it's taking me 6 months to get through my little weekend trip TR! Lol

We live in SC so I'm used to heat and humidity but this day was the worst!

You should definitely try Cape May sometime. The food is top notch and atmosphere is beautiful. I'm sad we can't fit it in on our next trip, as we want to try a few new places.

Well, I guess I am a super duper slacker as I haven't updated in 3 or more months.... Let's just say life has gotten in the way.... No, really it has....

23quj7.jpg

No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. YES!! Baby #3 is on the way!

I know some of you saw my post on FB already but wanted to share with the rest of you.

I have felt TERRIBLE, Green as an be. :sick: It is starting to lessen up but man, the struggle has been real. For a few weeks, it was super hard to even make it through the day. I was sick with my boys but this one has really taken the cake. Nauseous and tired all day. Bad combo.

Everyone is super excited and my boys, especially Lawson, is hoping for a girl.

I'm not going to lie. I want a real life Disney princess!

Anyone with 3 kids with advice? I am excited but will admit that I am a little nervous to add another. :eek:

Anyways, we had been planning a February trip before we found out ( with our friends but then they had some things come up and they are not able to go) and then debated a little about waiting until the fall to take the baby but then went back and forth on.... You never know how a baby's temperament will be, what their health will be like, etc. You just don't know.

We went to Disney in 2008 and 2011 when I was pregnant with the boys, so it's only fair that this baby gets to go in utero, as well. Right?

In addition, we want to have one more vacation with our boys beforehand. Never know what next year will be like with a new baby!

Our exact dates at Disney will be February 12-16. We will be there Valentines Day weekend! Please let me know if any of you will be there then!

So... Our plans are to leave our house on Wednesday, February 11th and drive halfway, like we normally do. We only live about 8 hours at most but our boys just do so much better dividing the trip up. It has kind of become a tradition to do so. The boys will normally fall asleep and then it's just me and DH, flying down the highway, talking and excited about our upcoming trip.

And it feels like we have an additional vacation day, because we will arrive so early on that Thursday.

We will be staying at All-Star-Sports. Normally it's not my first choice but Lawson is so OBSESSED with sports right now, especially football, that I just knew we should stay here. And with us expanding our family, this is probably the last time a value will accommodate us.

I requested the touchdown section and hope they will grant the request! I think we are only going to do 2 days at MK and 1 day at DHS, just to have some time to explore, do Downtown Disney, have some resort/pool time. Plus, I will be about 18 weeks pregnant and feel like I may need to take it easy.

Our dining reservations right now are:

Arrival Day: Ohana Dinner at 5:15. So EXCITED about this this one... This will be a first! We have done the breakfast twice but never the dinner. I can just taste those wings and shrimp now. This pregnant girl will definitely get her fill.

Saturday: 50's Prime Time Dinner- This is a new one to us as well.
Aunt Liz's Fried Chicken looks SOOOOO good. And a milkshake sounds great with it too.

Sunday: Whispering Canyon Café for breakfast. This is also a new one for us.

We have not booked any character meals because our Landen just hates them and I am not going to spend $100.00 on each meal, to have him cry and sit in my lap the entire time. We have the rest of our lives to do the character meals.

Anyone have any comments about my choices?? :yay:

I am so excited to go on our trip. It has given me reason to get out of the bed everyday. LOL. No, really. With all this morning sickness, it has been nice to know that a visit to my happy place, is right around the riverbend. <3

Thanks so much for reading along still, guys. I am sorry that I am so slack. :) I hope you all have a HAPPY MAGICAL NEW YEAR!​

CONGRATULATIONS
I am hoping you get your Disney princess too! princess: I LOVE the announcement, especially the chalk boards the boys are holding :lovestruc
Your up and coming trip sounds exciting, I hope you write a TR for it :)

:hug: :cheer2::cheer2: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheer2::cheer2: :hug: I am so excited and happy for you all! that is great news! and I have to tell you, anyone I've ever known who was super sick, all had girls, so......fingers crossed!

your plans for February sound great! i don't blame you for not booking any character meals. i agree, you can always go another time when it's more enjoyable for everyone. I've heard whispering canyon is awesome and we love 50s. you'll love it!

can't wait to hear more!

CONGRATULATIONS
I am hoping you get your Disney princess too! princess: I LOVE the announcement, especially the chalk boards the boys are holding :lovestruc
Your up and coming trip sounds exciting, I hope you write a TR for it :)

Thank you! Thank you! I really love the chalkboards too! I most likely will- now, it will probably take me a year but hey, you know! :)))

Congrats!!!! What a beautiful excitement for the new year!! I think your trip sounds perfect. You will love it.

Until she's bigger the mods will fit you all fine probably. As a fam of 5 we did 2 rooms once youngest was 4. (1st trip) we did that for a few yrs then did DVC s 1 Bdrm rental. Then bought DVC and with 2 teens now we use pts on 2 bdrms.

Raising 3 kids. Yikes!! It's fine just a big jump from 2. My oldest swears she's having 2 and no more. 3 is a game changer but the love never runs out so you will do amazing!!!

Oh WOW!!!!! :dance3: Clearly I have not been paying close enough attention to Facebook. What a wonderful blessing Marcie! Congratulations!!!

And while I'm still bummed to be missing you by such a short amount of time, I'm super glad you're getting your trip still. Everything sounds wonderful.

Whispering Canyon and 50's look to be so much fun! This is going to be a great trip I think!

Well hello Lady :wave2:
Its good to hear from you again. Congrats on your big news. A little princess would be cute addition to you family and I'm sure the boys will be great big brothers.

is this the beginning of your pre-trip report?
Your choices look great. I'm a Ohana fan and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Hi :wave:
I just found your TR today and read the whole thing!

First of all congrats on baby #3! I am currently expecting #2 and have been sick as a dog the entire time, just like with my first, both girls, so maybe you'll get your princess!

I also wanted to say so sorry about your mom. My mom is currently going through treatments for stage 4 lung and brain cancer. Her long term prognosis is not great so we are just taking each day as it comes. It's one of the hardest things I have ever done. Planning our fall trip is one of the only things that gets me through each day.

Loving the report! Can't wait to hear more!

YAY!!! What a cute announcement!! Love it! :love:

Sorry to hear about the morning sickness, but hopefully things are on the upswing now, especially with a February trip to look forward to!! Your plans sound fabulous! :goodvibes

:hug: :cheer2::cheer2: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheer2::cheer2: :hug: I am so excited and happy for you all! that is great news! and I have to tell you, anyone I've ever known who was super sick, all had girls, so......fingers crossed!

your plans for February sound great! i don't blame you for not booking any character meals. i agree, you can always go another time when it's more enjoyable for everyone. I've heard whispering canyon is awesome and we love 50s. you'll love it!

can't wait to hear more!

Thank you Lori!! :))) I sure hope so! If so, I will be coming to you for more hair bands! :))

Congrats!!!! What a beautiful excitement for the new year!! I think your trip sounds perfect. You will love it.

Until she's bigger the mods will fit you all fine probably. As a fam of 5 we did 2 rooms once youngest was 4. (1st trip) we did that for a few yrs then did DVC s 1 Bdrm rental. Then bought DVC and with 2 teens now we use pts on 2 bdrms.

Raising 3 kids. Yikes!! It's fine just a big jump from 2. My oldest swears she's having 2 and no more. 3 is a game changer but the love never runs out so you will do amazing!!!

Thank you! I am excited about a new baby and of course a trip!

I said I was only having 2 too! Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter