Tried to be sneaky but the trick was on us! A family reunites... June 2014

Well, I guess maybe I'm alone in that I've never been worried about being late for an ADR. Of course, I've never actually had an ADR, but that's a minor point. ;)

I have seen Cape May though and it does look lovely.

Awww I love the characters in their nautical outfits. Anytime you can get some characters in different outfits, it's a win.

And look at that, even at Disney you make it to the beach. :thumbsup2

All caught up!

Such a sweet family you have! Really nice photos! I hope you can take your MIL back soon, too. I love when first timers are so excited and understand the magic.

Cape May Cafe is worth it just to be able to see the lovely Beach Club. I love that area there and am considering renting DVC points for our Fall, 2015 trip.

Your February trip is shaping up nicely. Have you been to Tusker House? We love it. If you're planning on being at AK that day, it would be convenient to have breakfast there.

looks like such a fun morning ... well, once you arrived and found being late wasn't a big deal. I was always under the impression that you had a 15 minute grace period (and we have definitely fallen in that grace period in the past and not had any issues). I think since ADRs don't really reserve you a table - just that you go next in the line for seating as tables open - they can be a bit more flexible than a traditional reservation system.

Cape May breakfast looked great! I think people sometimes don't think of that one as it is not in a park or at a monorail resort - but definitely will keep it in mind for the future

We love the Tusker House breakfast - such great variety of food (plus Krispy Cream donut holes :thumbsup2) so definitely keep it under consideration for your next trip

we've never ridden the boats between the parks, but we sure did love taking the boat from POR to DTD. I pretty much love any reason to be on the water!

i'm glad you made it to your ADR. I've never heard that they give you a half hour either, but i'm glad you didn't have to worry about it! your morning looks like it was a great time! i'd like to try breakfast there on some future trip--the characters look so cute in their swimwear! :laughing:

Well, I guess maybe I'm alone in that I've never been worried about being late for an ADR. Of course, I've never actually had an ADR, but that's a minor point. ;)

I have seen Cape May though and it does look lovely.

Awww I love the characters in their nautical outfits. Anytime you can get some characters in different outfits, it's a win.

And look at that, even at Disney you make it to the beach. :thumbsup2

We had never had an ADR until we had free dining so were really not sure if we will even keep our planned ADR's... It's pretty costly!

Cape May really is one of my favorites! I'm disappointed we probably won't make it there next trip!

Super jealous of you this week!

All caught up!

Such a sweet family you have! Really nice photos! I hope you can take your MIL back soon, too. I love when first timers are so excited and understand the magic.

Cape May Cafe is worth it just to be able to see the lovely Beach Club. I love that area there and am considering renting DVC points for our Fall, 2015 trip.

Your February trip is shaping up nicely. Have you been to Tusker House? We love it. If you're planning on being at AK that day, it would be convenient to have breakfast there.

Hey Annie! Thank you!

I would be totally jealous of you staying at Beach Club! I hope to one day but right now it's be a huge stretch to get the dear hubs to agree.

Yes, we have been to TH twice! In 2011 and 2012! It definitely would make things easier to dine there!

looks like such a fun morning ... well, once you arrived and found being late wasn't a big deal. I was always under the impression that you had a 15 minute grace period (and we have definitely fallen in that grace period in the past and not had any issues). I think since ADRs don't really reserve you a table - just that you go next in the line for seating as tables open - they can be a bit more flexible than a traditional reservation system.

Cape May breakfast looked great! I think people sometimes don't think of that one as it is not in a park or at a monorail resort - but definitely will keep it in mind for the future

We love the Tusker House breakfast - such great variety of food (plus Krispy Cream donut holes :thumbsup2) so definitely keep it under consideration for your next trip

You should definitely consider it for your next trip... I do think that it does get overlooked bc of its location but we always enjoy "touring" that area after breakfast.

We've done TS twice before- 2011 and 2012, it is looking like we will be doing it again in February! It will be easier to do since we will be at AK! Love Krispy Kreme!!!

we've never ridden the boats between the parks, but we sure did love taking the boat from POR to DTD. I pretty much love any reason to be on the water!

i'm glad you made it to your ADR. I've never heard that they give you a half hour either, but i'm glad you didn't have to worry about it! your morning looks like it was a great time! i'd like to try breakfast there on some future trip--the characters look so cute in their swimwear! :laughing:

I love being on the water too!

You definitely need to try Cape May sometime. It is hands down, my favorite character meal!

I don't like thinking that I'm going to be late to an ADR either. In "the real world", I like to be on time but I really really like to be on time when at "Disney World". Like you, I'm afraid that they'll turn me away and I'll lose my dining credits.

One day that little boy of your's will get used to the characters and will be happy to pose pictures with them. At least, you can keep your fingers crossed that he will. ;)

I love the family pictures on the beach and the one of the boys. Super cute!

I don't like thinking that I'm going to be late to an ADR either. In "the real world", I like to be on time but I really really like to be on time when at "Disney World". Like you, I'm afraid that they'll turn me away and I'll lose my dining credits.

One day that little boy of your's will get used to the characters and will be happy to pose pictures with them. At least, you can keep your fingers crossed that he will. ;)

I love the family pictures on the beach and the one of the boys. Super cute!

YES! I was starting to worry, glad you understand.

I hope Landen will be good to go with the characters by February. He loves them in the parade and loves them from far away but not up in his personal space. LOL

Thanks- we had a great family weekend at the beach!

Helloooo Humans..... I am SO sorry for the long intermission!! Life has been crazy ridiculous lately. Between school, work, football practices and games, dr visits, birthday party for Landy.. I have ZERO free time.

Which brings us to today- Our hot water heater decided to leak every ding dang where and we have a mess and had to get a new one. YAY! While the hubby is working on that mess, I was just in the way and decided I would try to pump out a quick update. Iced coffee and cheese straws and the DIS- it kind of helps matters. We were supposed to be going out tonight for my birthday but may have to postpone.

In other news, do you guys remember me telling you guys when we got home from this trip, we had some trouble going on.. Well, it had to do with my brother and he finally turned himself in to the sheriff's dept in NC this past week so I have been indifferent this week. No one wants their loved one sitting in jail but at least I know he is safe. You see, he has a drug problem and I didn't know it was as bad as what it is. I will have to get into that story another day.

Back to our trip... After our breakfast and meandering the Epcot resorts, we had to board our boat back since we had to check out of POR and head to our new resort:

mkdtsj.jpg

if7m9d.jpg

I went inside to check in while the rest of the gang stayed in the car. I loved walking into this resort- "Oldies" ( but goodies) blared on the radio and I immediately noticed the bright, cheery atmosphere. The CM that checked me in was absolutely awesome. He was very upbeat. He told me about how him and his wife lived up north and just decided to move to Disney. Like- this really can happen, in real life. :banana::banana::love::love:

My requests were also granted! 60's lakeview, corner and AOA was directly in front of us. It really was perfect.

We unpacked our things and headed back out again. We were meeting my dad at DTD so they could take Lawson to Disney Quest and DTD was hosting Cars weekend. Father's Day? Disney Quest? Cars weekend? Perfect way for my dad, husband and son to bond. <3

We took a few pics on the way to bus stop:

s3htld.jpg

694ayb.jpg

Now one thing that I noticed off the bat that I did not like at POP- compared to the mod resorts.. NO COVERED BUS STOPS! June, heat, waiting, no cover, blaring sun.... UGH, it was not pretty. It seemed to take FOREVER for a bus to pull up.

Like it took 30 minutes.

Now, when we finally got there, we got dropped off, clear across where we needed to be. It was SOOOO hot, the kids were complaining, it was bad. Note to self: drive to DTD next time.

Some sights along our trek:

20ud4jp.jpg

2vl70vm.jpg

We stopped off at Starbucks and Stevie grabbed an iced coffee.. I'm telling you- It was SO hot and miserable. LOL.

We finally made it to the cars part of DTD.

bhf2p1.jpg

126dz5g.jpg

2qnysm8.jpg

We also got some waters and frozen lemonade at one of the stands while we waited on my dad.

A few minutes later, Landy has a full-blown tantrum- IT WAS PRETTY BAD. He just didn't understand why Lawson got to go with daddy and Papa Tom and he couldn't. He was not a happy camper. I finally got him back in the stroller and went to sit on a bench to roll him back and forth. Totally dreading the long walk back. I would have done anything for someone to carry us. Landy then drops his wubba- nub ( it is a pacifier with an animal attached) I pick it up and his has something all over it.

The child dropped it in THROW UP. O. M. GEE. For the love of Pete. I was SO aggravated.

He finally falls asleep and I tell MIL she is going to need to push the stroller because I feel like I am going to pass out. I found the nearest bathroom, look in the mirror, and I am beet red. I was nauseous and it just wasn't pretty.

I told her we were just going to have to take our time getting back and go in some of the air conditioned shops. We went into the world of Disney and the new Disney Co-op store ( OMG, it is awesome) I bought a new dress & new coffee cup and wanted to buy lots more but I had to refrain.

I finally start feeling better and we make the final trudge to the bus stop. AHH- sweet land of liberty.

Up next: Dinner at POP, my first time on a bus by myself & club level at the at the Contemporary!

In closing:

Landen's 3rd birthday last week:

2jd1501.jpg

POP CENTURY RESORT AND SPA!!!!

Yeah, they do fall down a bit with the uncovered bus stops. Didn't affect me too much because I drove, but in summer heat that would not be pleasant.

Plus 30 minutes for a bus???? That's not cool.

I guess the one plus of DTD is that there's lots of places to duck in out of the heat. But so sorry the experience was so awful Marcie. :(

all I can focus on from this post is you not feeling well and the throw up......both awful, but i'm not sure which is worse! i'm glad you felt better after some AC and shopping (who DOESN'T feel better after shopping, right?) and I hope it was just a heat thing and not anything else coming on!

oh, lady! from where you stood to take that picture, our room from our last trip was just to the right. we could see her everyday when we left our room (yet I never took a picture).

I can't believe how big landen looks in the picture from his bday! he just does look like a happy kiddo!!

Glad you enjoyed your arrival at Pop .. and that is pretty cool. Maybe we can all do that after the kids are grown, etc. ... just move down to Disney :thumbsup2

30 mins for a Bus is definitely too long - and being out in the heat makes it really ridiculous. That is great that Lawson got some time to do "guy stuff" but I can understand Landen getting upset with not getting to go as he is a "guy" after all

The new Co-Op marketplace is so cool! But definitely NSFW - Not Safe For Wallet!

Sorry that apart from that it wasn't much of a fun time! Disney really needs to get on that whole "Dome over the entire Disney World property" thing ;)

POP CENTURY RESORT AND SPA!!!!

Yeah, they do fall down a bit with the uncovered bus stops. Didn't affect me too much because I drove, but in summer heat that would not be pleasant.

Plus 30 minutes for a bus???? That's not cool.

I guess the one plus of DTD is that there's lots of places to duck in out of the heat. But so sorry the experience was so awful Marcie. :(

Yes, I knew you would love me checking into POP!

We've never been in the summer so we were definitely not used to the heat. We typically do fall or early spring. Just this particular day was miserable. Eek!

DTD is normally one of my favorites but I just felt so nauseous and miserable that it was hard to enjoy. It was all good after I cooled down and got my shopping on!

all I can focus on from this post is you not feeling well and the throw up......both awful, but i'm not sure which is worse! i'm glad you felt better after some AC and shopping (who DOESN'T feel better after shopping, right?) and I hope it was just a heat thing and not anything else coming on!

oh, lady! from where you stood to take that picture, our room from our last trip was just to the right. we could see her everyday when we left our room (yet I never took a picture).

I can't believe how big landen looks in the picture from his bday! he just does look like a happy kiddo!!

You are right about that! The AC and shopping can do wonders, lol! Just this particular day was super hot and it just made me ill. :(

Landen is a pretty happy little toddler. He had such a good time at his party.

Disney and the Florida heat can be ugly, I still don't know how my husband and I made it through our first trips to Disney in the summer heat. I guess being in our twenties helped.
popping into the stores for a cool down is the best feeling when it hot though, huh :goodvibe

I'm looking forward to your club level experience :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed your arrival at Pop .. and that is pretty cool. Maybe we can all do that after the kids are grown, etc. ... just move down to Disney :thumbsup2

30 mins for a Bus is definitely too long - and being out in the heat makes it really ridiculous. That is great that Lawson got some time to do "guy stuff" but I can understand Landen getting upset with not getting to go as he is a "guy" after all

The new Co-Op marketplace is so cool! But definitely NSFW - Not Safe For Wallet!

Sorry that apart from that it wasn't much of a fun time! Disney really needs to get on that whole "Dome over the entire Disney World property" thing ;)

Yeah, I could understand Landen's meltdown too..... I knew Quest would probably be too old for him and I didnt want to shell out the extra money for the rest of us to go. HA!!

YES! The Co-op place is awesome!!!!! I LOVED IT. Love your acronym, funny but true.

Disney and the Florida heat can be ugly, I still don't know how my husband and I made it through our first trips to Disney in the summer heat. I guess being in our twenties helped.
popping into the stores for a cool down is the best feeling when it hot though, huh :goodvibe

I'm looking forward to your club level experience :thumbsup2

It definitely helps to pop into the stores for a cool down. I don't think I could have made it without doing that. EEKKK..... That Florida sun ain't playing around! LOL :crazy2:

pixiedust:HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCIE!pixiedust:

I know that this is weird/odd/strange/whatever but one of the reasons that I haven't considered a value resort is because of the bus stops. I just wouldn't want to stand in an uncovered line in the middle of the May & June heat.

Speaking of heat, I'm betting that the heat contributed to your little guy's meltdown. You know how the heat can make you feel grumpy. I hated to hear that you felt ill too because of how dang hot it was.

At least you were able to cool off by ducking into some of the air conditioned stores. It sounds like you came away with some cute things too which is always a good thing in my book

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter