Tried to be sneaky but the trick was on us! A family reunites... June 2014

Marsheliz

DIS Veteran
To all who come to this happy place, WELCOME!!!

If you are just now "meeting" me, It's nice to meet you! ( In Olaf's voice) I attempted a TR last fall but I'm a loser and never finished it.. Here is the link if you need to get re-aquainted.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813

If you followed along before, It is nice to have you again. I appreciate it so much and it’s great to have you back.

Some of you are familiar with the fact that I lost my mom April 2013 due to that nasty C-word.. I literally sat there with her while she took her last breath. It was the hardest week of my life. The last day she actually spoke to me was on April 7th- My anniversary and then she died 3 days later on the 10th. It is so hard to live without her but it has gotten somewhat easier as the months have gone by.

And where we tell our boys that heaven is, where they can find their Grandma- is just that.. Second Star to the Right and Straight On till Morning.

Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting... Peter Pan

Here is a picture of the boys with her on our September 2012 trip.

Hands down, one of my favorite pictures EVER. You can just feel the love. We miss her so very much. Life is so different without her here.

Here is a trip of the whole family, Halloween Party- October 2013

Okay.. A little about yours truly. I am a 29 year old paralegal from South Carolina. My husband and I got engaged at Disney in the rain in December of 2005 and got married April 7, 2007... I LOVE Disney and it's nice to have a partner that takes us to Disney ever year & succeeds in trying to keep his wifey happy. Happy wife = happy life.

My favorite rides are Splash, Peter Pan's Flight & Under the Sea with Ariel...

I love the movie Frozen and our family quotes lines from it, pretty much daily...

I can't miss the electrical parade nor Wishes. ( stomps foot)

Fav Foods/Snacks: Dole Whips, Nutella Waffle Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow and I added a new fav this go ‘round… Aloha Pork Sandwich from Captain Cooks!

( O.M.G.) Aside from Disney- I love to shop, participate in church activities, love monogrammed items, reading, Atlanta Housewives ( guilty pleasure), traveling and love being a mom..

We have two boys- Lawson & Landen. They both traveled to Disney- in utero. :) And let me just say, they are both all boy. We will start with Lawson.

Lawson is 5. ( Will be 6 on July 8th) He is a ball of fire... His nickname is Laws the Boss, if you knew him, you would understand where he gets that nickname from and why he is the bossman. LOL... He loves Pirates, Buzz Lightyear & he enjoys Fantasmic. Aside from Disney, he loves baseball, legos, playing with cars and power rangers. He is dramatic, precious, funny, and has a HUGE personality, larger than life...

Meet Lawson, AKA Jake Halloween Party, 2013

Our baby (2) is Landen AKA Landy Boo. He even calls himself Landy. He LOVES Mickey Mouse, Jake, and is a total cookie monster. He is so sweet and has everyone wrapped around his finger. We are currently fighting the terrible twos but I know he is thinking " Twos aren't terrible, I'm having a blast".

Meet Landy:

Although I can’t say for certain, I would say his favorite is Voyage of the Little Mermaid at MK. After it being the first ride of the trip, we came out and he said " I wanna "wide" again, pweeze, pweeze"?

DH is a foreman for a construction company. He works very hard for our family and I don't tell him enough how much he is appreciated. His favorites are Pirates, Buzz Lightyear and he loves the Lights, Motor Action at "MGM".

This is his- vacation is almost over face:

Here is another one of us from last year at 1900 Park Fair

One more of the boys:

My MIL joined us on this trip. I have lots of pictures I need to upload when I get home and then I can include a picture of her.

She was a "first timer" and the trip was everything she had dreamed of- and more. She cried she was so happy and it made my heart sing.

We have never really been particular close, she is a little unusual, and that is putting it mildly but she is as sweet as pie and she would do anything for you. I truly feel like we really bonded this trip- I think it's that Disney magic.

I hope you guys will hang out on my TR with me. Lots of fun and first time things! We pulled off a big surprise, we were on the receiving end of a surprise, first rope drop, someone recognized me from the DIS ( EEEEEKKKKK) visited new resorts, stayed in two resorts, got stuck on a monorail, got stuck in an elevator, flew to Neverland, traveled to Infinity and Beyond, got stuck and had to walk off a ride, went mining with the dwarfs and lots, lots more.. And mind you, we were only there for three days. :cool2:

Up NEXT: The Why, the When, the Where & Why can’t I just live in Disney?

i'm here! I love reading about your family and your writing style is so friendly and fun to read! can't wait to hear all about your adventures on this trip!

Following along!:)
Your boys are so adorable and the photos in their Halloween costumes are so cute!!
Looking forward to reading more

i'm here! I love reading about your family and your writing style is so friendly and fun to read! can't wait to hear all about your adventures on this trip!

Thank you!! :) I'm glad you made it!! I hope your trip planning is still going good- I need to hop over to your PTR... I got behind :(

I'll be reading along as I remember. I tend to forget the reports I'm trying to keep up on, including my own.

I'm here!! Looking forward to following along!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Susan

I'm following along. Can't wait to read more and I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet mother. I also lost my mom in 2013. March 31st (Easter Sunday) to be exact. I miss her every day. And, I'm also a paralegal.

We are planning a trip for April/May 2015. It will be me, my sister, my 7 year old nephew and 2 year old niece. We will also be bringing my dad along. Losing my mom was hard for him. She passed away two days after their 44th wedding anniversary.

Hellooooo Marcie. :)

Sooooo, does the opening statement imply you're not going to finish the other TR? :(

Awww I never tire of seeing pics of your mom. :hug:

You do know that Landen loves Under the Sea because of Ariel, right? Smart kid. :thumbsup2

Oh course I'm really excited/nervous to see how/if my advice paid off...

I'm following along. Can't wait to read more and I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet mother. I also lost my mom in 2013. March 31st (Easter Sunday) to be exact. I miss her every day. And, I'm also a paralegal.

We are planning a trip for April/May 2015. It will be me, my sister, my 7 year old nephew and 2 year old niece. We will also be bringing my dad along. Losing my mom was hard for him. She passed away two days after their 44th wedding anniversary.

Aww I'm so glad you're here.. I'm sorry to hear about your mom too.. Did she have cancer as well? It is so hard, isn't it?

Your planned trip sounds great- 2015 will be here before we know it.. We have another trip planned with our friends who have never been- planning on late Feb, early March- just depending on what discounts they offer!

Sorry about your mother. You are right about the look of love in her eyes on your fall trip. I lost my mom to cancer almost 12 years ago when my youngest was a baby

Sorry about your mother. You are right about the look of love in her eyes on your fall trip. I lost my mom to cancer almost 12 years ago when my youngest was a baby

Thank you- so glad you are here.. Looking back, I'm so happy I decided to snap that pic while we were sitting there.. I have it in a frame at home and on my desk at work... I'm so sorry to hear about yours as well.. Is Swift your last name? I ask bc that's my maiden name.

Hellooooo Marcie. :)

Sooooo, does the opening statement imply you're not going to finish the other TR? :(

Awww I never tire of seeing pics of your mom. :hug:

You do know that Landen loves Under the Sea because of Ariel, right? Smart kid. :thumbsup2

Oh course I'm really excited/nervous to see how/if my advice paid off...

Robbbb!! Hello my friend.

I may finish it... This trip was just the best and I knew I wanted to do a TR! Just exciting stuff.

Your advice was/is the bomb. Smart guy, you are. And it just helps you are a Disney guy at that. :)

I'm here! :thumbsup2

I saw some of your pictures on Facebook and was loving seeing your boys' smiles. You all looked like you had a very special, very memorable time. Now I can't wait to read the stories that go behind the pictures! (Not to mention, I'm super curious to see how you were surprised, since I remember you working hard to pull of the kid's big surprise.)

Thanks for the message letting me know that you had started; otherwise, I would have probably missed out on all of the fun 'cause the Disney depression has my mind all :rolleyes1. :sad2:

Super fun and cute intro pictures! As always, I love the picture that you included of your mom. Like you said, you can just feel the love.

Looking forward to more!

Joining - certainly sounds like and eventful 3 days!

Sorry about the loss of your mom - great that you have those memories though and also great that you felt like you bonded with you MiL this trip

I'm here! :thumbsup2

I saw some of your pictures on Facebook and was loving seeing your boys' smiles. You all looked like you had a very special, very memorable time. Now I can't wait to read the stories that go behind the pictures! (Not to mention, I'm super curious to see how you were surprised, since I remember you working hard to pull of the kid's big surprise.)

Hey Alicia! It was a very special time... I hated it was so short but we will definitely be back! The surprise was great- both times! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter