Tried to be sneaky but the trick was on us! A family reunites... June 2014

Disney truly did themselves proud when they did the royal rooms. It looks like they didn't forget a single thing. It's a good thing that your boys are still young enough that they didn't think it was too girly. ;)

Oh yeah, they didn't have the slightest problem with it but I give it maybe 2 years.. LOL

I did the same thing when we got into our royal room! I might have been more excited than the girls and DH made fun of me for taking so many pictures, but I didn't care. It was so gorgeous! I'm glad you loved it too!

I definitely loved it and hope to stay here again one day!

Those royal rooms are so beautiful. I agree, Disney did a perfect job in there.

Everyone has to own some Disney ponchos. It's like, a right of passage, or something. :rotfl2:

Look how handsome your two boys are looking, matching outfits and all!

We definitely have ponchos for next trip! LOL

Thanks- I love dressing them alike, although DH asked me the other day, when I was going to stop? My answer- whenever I can't find matching stuff in the same sizes anymore, that's when. :) Although, I don't do it every day, just sometimes. :banana:

Those rooms do look super cool. I swear I've said it a thousand times now, but one more can't hurt. I would absolutely break the fireworks headboard from overuse.

Hmmmm... you know Marcie... there is an outside chance I may also be in the World in February... Not 100%, and not sure what part of the month... but... it is possible...

SHUT-UP!!!!! Are you serious??? OMG- Please do and come at the end! Our tentative dates are Feb 27- March 4!! Are you still planning on the fall too?

If you could overuse the headboard, it would be broke for sure... My boys loved them. I have a neat picture I took on this night that shows the FW that I will have to post!

The Princess Rooms are so lovely, those little details Disney creates definitely pay off in these rooms!
The photo Lawson coming out from behind the door is so adorable and I love the photo of you and Landen as well, so cute :) and both of your boys have changed so much since your last TR, so grown up now!
Hope Landen's freak out wasn't too bad :(

I am jumping in...sounds like a wet start to a vacation...but like you said, a rainy day at Disney is much better than being at work!!!

The Royal room looks amazing!!!! Maybe someday I can stay there...LOL!!!

I am brand-new here, but I can't seem to get enough of the TRs! I am excited to read yours.

I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer last August 12, the day before my 40th birthday. I and my daughter were devastated. DS is a little younger but still misses her. Our trip is for Oct '14 and we were finally able to wrangle my in-laws into coming. MIL has severe knee and heart problems so it will be a subdued trip; I am spending more time planning how to work them into it.

Can't wait to read your updates!

The Princess Rooms are so lovely, those little details Disney creates definitely pay off in these rooms!
The photo Lawson coming out from behind the door is so adorable and I love the photo of you and Landen as well, so cute :) and both of your boys have changed so much since your last TR, so grown up now!
Hope Landen's freak out wasn't too bad :(

Thank you! I know- it is neat to see the changes- even after only 9 months!

It wasn't too terrible, this time.. He just demanded to be held & though I love him dearly, I don't want him on my hip 24/7. Lol

I am jumping in...sounds like a wet start to a vacation...but like you said, a rainy day at Disney is much better than being at work!!!

The Royal room looks amazing!!!! Maybe someday I can stay there...LOL!!!

It was most definitely a wet start- no denying that...

I would def recommend the RR!

I'm so glad you joined in & hope you will stay!

I am brand-new here, but I can't seem to get enough of the TRs! I am excited to read yours.

I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer last August 12, the day before my 40th birthday. I and my daughter were devastated. DS is a little younger but still misses her. Our trip is for Oct '14 and we were finally able to wrangle my in-laws into coming. MIL has severe knee and heart problems so it will be a subdued trip; I am spending more time planning how to work them into it.

Can't wait to read your updates!

Welcome!! I'm so glad you stopped by & hope you will hang around!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom too... It is terrible how prevalent cancer is :( I totally understand your feelings.

October is the best time to visit- IMO!

Excited to read more! Those Royal Rooms are officially on the bucket list!!

Yay! I'm so happy you stopped by and said hello! I sure hope you will stay!!

The RR were just great- I have a nighttime pic to post to do as well with the fireworks all lit up at night.

Hello, I followed your last trip report, I enjoy your writing so I will follow along again.
I also have two boys (2 and 3) they keep you on you toes dont they :jumping1:

We stayed at Port Orleans on our last trip and we did see a snake one morning slithering across the side walk right in front of us EWWWWW
Our boys loved the alligator bayou room, and I did mention staying in a RR if we ever stay at Port Orleans again.

We weren’t waiting long at all when a Magic Kingdom bus pulled up. I don’t know about you but seeing the Disney buses pull up-

Just really make you get that Disney excitement feeling going.

We loaded on the bus, ponchos on and all and Lawson headed straight to the back.. I don’t know why but our child likes to sit all the way at the back of the buses, all by himself. DH sometimes will make him sit with us but I’m just over like, whatever. I can see him, he is fine and we are on vacation! #relaxdaddy

After a short little ride, we pulled up to the MK, the music starts and you get even more excited but unfortunately, we weren’t really going in the MK- just a big tease.

We were off to show MIL the monorail resorts.

Instead we walk up the walkway, monorails are going by, people are running- in a hurry to get to the most happenin’ park.. My MIL was just a smiling all the live long day.

We wait for our transportation to take us along the highway in the sky and before you know it, we are boarded and hear one of my favorite Disney lines.

Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas.- ( Admit it, you didn’t read that, you said it outloud) Lawson is all on a Spanish kick here lately so he thinks it’s hilarious.

We get off at the Polynesian and go on in. As soon as we stepped foot into the resort, Landen starts freaking out.. “ Hole me, Hole me”, blocking my path with his hands up, hole me, hole me.” I KNOW he remembered those super scary characters at ‘ Ohana in October…. LOL…. He loves the characters from afar but don’t you dare walk past him or look his way.

b7jl2e.jpg

Loved the surfboard!

We meandered the resort and took a peek at the spot where the garden and waterfall area that is no more. It just doesn’t look or feel the same in there.

After what seemed like an eternity, lugging around my 25 pounder on my hip, we finally made it to our destination- Captain Cooks!

By this time, I was starving and couldn’t wait to eat. Stevie and I both got a DIS favorite- The Aloha Pork Sandwich and housemade chips on the side.

24xdgkl.jpg

MIL got the turkey sandwich, Lawson wanted pizza but unfortunately, no pizza at this counter service location. I got both boys the chicken nuggets and French fries to share. I also brought along a fruit squeeze pouch for Landen. If you have toddler aged children, these are perfect for Disney b/c they are small, not messy *& it’s a good way to ensure eating somewhat healthier because I know it’s hard on vacations.

I also went back up and got one of the chocolate fudge brownies that have the colorful, mickey confetti on top. YUM.

I would recommend trying Captain Cooks if you can, but with all the renovations at the Poly, I might would wait until everything is finished. The spot was rather small and crowded and just didn’t seem very organized at all.

After lunch, we went outside to check out the volcano pool.. The boys couldn't understand why we were at a pool but we couldn't swim.. LOL.. I kind of thought the same thing but I know pool hopping is a big no-no, although the CM here, didn't seem to either notice we were there.

It was also cool to see the tip top of the castle across the way.

16ad01g.jpg

4tps03.jpg

2ep338h.jpg

Took a little stroll and took some pictures of my handsome fellas as well.

2rymybr.jpg

So animated.

34pxueu.jpg

Not the best pics but it was fun taking them.

v3hrtd.jpg

After we had enough of the Poly, we went back outside to catch another ride. This time, we were off to the Grand Floridian…

Hello, I followed your last trip report, I enjoy your writing so I will follow along again.
I also have two boys (2 and 3) they keep you on you toes dont they :jumping1:

We stayed at Port Orleans on our last trip and we did see a snake one morning slithering across the side walk right in front of us EWWWWW
Our boys loved the alligator bayou room, and I did mention staying in a RR if we ever stay at Port Orleans again.
o

Yes! Two boys definitely keep you on your toes! Everyday- all day...
The snakes we saw at CBR are definitely not forgotten.. YUCK!

I'm so glad you joined in to say hello!

Not that I will ever be able to afford a room here, but it sure is nice to dream. We did 1900 Park Faire last trip and this night had me wishing we were doing it

2wf4imx.jpg

o7lugg.jpg

jrr4av.jpg

2ziyfxz.jpg

We strolled around for a bit and DH mentioned trying to see if the “Lady of the Grand Floridian” was hanging out again, waiting for the music to start.

We walked around the corner and there she was. If you do not know about the story, you can google it, but last trip, I asked a CM about her and she told me that years and years ago, she used to come to Disney on vacation and after her husband died, she gets someone to drop her off at the G and F so she can listen to the band.

She wears lots of makeup, carries around a suitcase and has a load of teddy bears with her as well. She is very friendly and I made a point, again, to speak to her. Now, I am sure some people would view her as unusual, but I just think that the story behind her is just too special and can’t just walk past her, like she isn’t there. I will make a point to stop and say hello every year.

We walked outside to get a glimpse of what was shaping up to be an okay afternoon- after all that rain.

2rbzh9v.jpg

mt36dj.jpg

Lawson didn’t understand why we couldn’t play on the Alice In Wonderland themed swim & play area. I have to admit it looks pretty fun.

I told him maybe one day ( doubt it but like I said, a girl can dream)

Proof my MIL was in fact, here.... She was camera shy... Meet Jeannie!

15hncbl.jpg

After walking back inside, we took some pics of the kids on the stairs. The GF was pretty much dead this day so I said why not, let the kids scoot down the stairs, if they want. Not like we were at THE DELUXE of the DELUXE or anything but hey, you only live once.

2lizeah.jpg

2w4y2j4.jpg

The kids spotted the pressed penny machines and they both wanted to try so we did. This was something that we had never stopped to do.

We finally convinced the boys to back away from the machines ( they loved them) so we could go visit the AKL.

We also had to make a Wal-Mart run, grab dinner, get a swim in and catch a movie under the stars…

And of course, get ready for our big day! The much anticipated surprise of the century! It was almost here!

I have to share this with you all as well.. The boys and I had to go to town yesterday and on the way back, I passed a van that had a big decal that said " Disney Family" in the Disney font... And THEN.... a decal on the side with the Hitchhiking ghosts from the Haunted Mansion.. I am pretty sure we would be best friends... LOVED it!

Haha, I tend to go right to the back of the bus too. I think I like to keep an eye on everyone, lol.

I honestly consider myself half Spanish just because I know that one phrase. :thumbsup2

I've never stayed at a monorail resort, but my God how good it must feel to be swimming around, look up, and see the castle.

I've only been the the G FLo once, and I didn't sport that lovely lady, but one day I plan to make a point of it. Love that you stopped to say hello Marcie.

Hello! I've really enjoyed your TR so far and I've subscribed.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma to cancer when I was just a couple years older than your children, and I really love how you tell your children she is in neverland. I will think of my grandma looking out for me from neverland from now on, thank you very much for sharing this with us!

Also, the Royal Room looks absolutely beautiful - like a dream come true!! Your photos have made me strongly consider it for future trips. And I love the photos of your sons on the GF stairs - so fun!!

Looking forward to more updates! : )

sounds like a fun time visiting the different resorts - though I can see being sad about seeing the pools but not getting to play in them

I am sure the Poly will look great when done, but it's a little sad now - especially with the waterfall gone :guilty:

the boys look like they are having fun by the pool--cute pictures!

oh, I love the pictures in the GF! when went for the first time on our last trip and I was in LOVE as soon as we walked in. i'd love to stay there someday too, but....

id never heard the story about the woman who sits in the lobby. I don't think she was there when we went, or else I just didn't notice. that's a sweet, but sad, story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter