Tried to be sneaky but the trick was on us! A family reunites... June 2014

How cool, your DH got picked to be Sully. Haha, I bet your boys were all smiles to see their daddy chosen. :thumbsup2

Carousel of Progress over Wishes?!? Hmmmmm....:lmao: I think you made the right choice. Just my opinion. :rotfl:

They both thought it was pretty cool to see him on the big screen.. :)

It was a great experience & I'm glad he was picked. :)

aw, your boys must have gotten such a kick out of their Dad getting picked on for Laugh floor!

I love how everyone gets so serious when it comes to Buzz and also TSMM - all fun and games until there is scoring involved!

Hey to each their own and CoP certainly holds a large place in the history of Disney but I am going to guess there weren't a lot of other people in CoP at that time.

Yeah for the Beach!

It's always fun when somebody in your group gets chosen to be on the big screen in The Laugh Floor! I'm sure that your boys got a kick outta that.

aw, your boys must have gotten such a kick out of their Dad getting picked on for Laugh floor!

I love how everyone gets so serious when it comes to Buzz and also TSMM - all fun and games until there is scoring involved!

Hey to each their own and CoP certainly holds a large place in the history of Disney but I am going to guess there weren't a lot of other people in CoP at that time.

Yeah for the Beach!

Yes, they really did get a kick out of it, you would have thought we were celebrities.. HA!!

To be honest, I just chill on Buzz and enjoy watching my boys have so much fun. I'm not good at it anyways. LOL!

I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day! We had a BLAST at the beach last weekend and can't wait to go back again next year. I wanted to share a couple of pics with you all.....

2rykc5f.jpg

2efjq6o.jpg

I guess we will get back into the TR. Continued... Saturday, June 14, 2014- We ended up heading back into Fantasyland and jumped in line to explore the Hundred Acre Wood. It had been awhile since we had done this.

A few pictures of us while we waited:

w7yl2s.jpg

2zs9ngm.jpg

It took about 10 minutes for us to load our honeypots. We got into the second area where our honeypot came to a stop and we heard a voice on the loudspeaker advising us to stay seated, that the ride would resume shortly. My sister and I suddenly had a case of the giggles. I don't even know what we found so funny but we laughed and laughed. I think all of the other riders thought we must have been on something but I promise, it was just that Disney high that we all know and love.. HA!!

I kept looking at my phone at the time.... I was not going to miss the THIRD parade of the day and I was starting to worry. After about 10-15 minutes, 2 CM's came around and advised us that we would be getting off and not to take any pictures?? LOL. Like seriously? Out of all the rides to walk-off- did it really have to be Pooh?? Why couldn't it be Splash or Haunted Mansion??? I'll never know.

We exited our honeypots and were given fast passes but sadly, this was the one and only park we were doing since this was just a weekend vacay. We handed them all over to my sister, since they would be there a lot longer. :( It was nearing crunch time so we had to RUN to Main Street to view the parade and there was no way in creation, I was going to miss it.

We had a PERFECT viewing spot right there on Main Street near the castle. I LOVE this parade! The colors, the music, the characters. It just SCREAMS Disney and just puts me in such a sing-songy mood. I was dancing and so happy and Steve kept shaking his head at me. #livealittle # itsdisneywhocares #hesecretlylovesitto

Tinkerbell is my favorite! Have I mentioned on here that I have a Tink tattoo?

nwzc5y.jpg

1vmlg.jpg

Landen says " Dare's Ella"!

2cfy454.jpg

Love this pic of the dragon!!

24zxcvn.jpg

Landen dancing to that sweet Disney jingle!

2hi41ud.jpg

As always, the parade never disappoints. And THANK THE DISNEY GODS that we got to finally view one. :scratchin We gathered our things and took some last minute pics in front of the castle. In all honesty, I was trying to stall because I just didn't want to leave. I was looking all around, just taking everything in and making our last few moments last.

( It appears we went into Sbucks before our pictures, my bad)

2wbtk4n.jpg

2me1k05.jpg

As you can see, Landen was completely DISNEY-ED OUT and knocked right on out.

2111ngo.jpg

28mk7k4.jpg

We popped in " The Main Street Bakery" ( I just assume call it Starbucks now bc that's what it is) to get a coffee before we headed out. My MIL had NEVER had Starbucks before so I was excited about her trying a frapp! We have got to get her out more!!

2agjeqa.jpg

Drinks in hand, we headed out, all of us tired but oh, what a wonderful day in the most magical kingdom.....

2eq9due.jpg

Other exciting news! I booked Ohana ( dinner) for 8 people in February.. I almost can't believe that I got it for all of us! We've done the breakfast twice but Steve wants to do the dinner. And today, I booked Whispering Canyon Café for a breakfast one day. My sister ate there on her trip and she said it was really fun & affordable. My friends' DH, Will is a big breakfast eater so I wanted to appease him on the trip, plus I want to show them the Wilderness Lodge. He is a logger and outdoorsman so I thought he would enjoy the outdoorsy feel of WL. Anybody have any good/bad things to say about either one of these? Other suggestions??

Sadly, CRT is going to be closed while we are there and they have two girls and that would have been perfect. Thinking of either Askershus or 1900 Park Fair. We have done 1900 and enjoyed it. I hope to get into my PT plans after I finish this TR.

Up next: A breakfast at the Beach Club & moving to POP!

Beautiful pictures from the beach. You can just look at it and tell that's a close bunch. :goodvibes

Man, we had to walk of Winnie the Pooh, too! Guess that's a ride that needs a refurb.

Whew, glad it didn't stop you all from missing ANOTHER parade, though. That would have been ridiculous.

Totally understand the stalling. It had to be rough to only get that one amazing day in the MK.

Wow, someone who's never had Starbucks. Kind of crazy when you think about it!:rotfl2:

Awww you all look so happy at the beach Marcie.

That's the one thing that I always worry about on rides... getting stuck for a while. But really only when I have some place I need to be! But my goodness... Winnie the Pooh????? Let down, lol.

So happy you finally got to see at least one parade. And it is one that puts you in a good mood.

Beautiful pictures from the beach. You can just look at it and tell that's a close bunch. :goodvibes

Man, we had to walk of Winnie the Pooh, too! Guess that's a ride that needs a refurb.

Whew, glad it didn't stop you all from missing ANOTHER parade, though. That would have been ridiculous.

Totally understand the stalling. It had to be rough to only get that one amazing day in the MK.

Wow, someone who's never had Starbucks. Kind of crazy when you think about it!:rotfl2:

Oh wow!! You too?!!! What a coincidence!

I was very happy to finally see a dang parade!

It was very rough to only have one day at MK but we knew we had our " big vacation" the previous October, and we had a beach trip planned., I knew one day at the MK and staying at a resort for 3 nights is better than no nights! And of course, we always make our way back! Lol!

Awww you all look so happy at the beach Marcie.

That's the one thing that I always worry about on rides... getting stuck for a while. But really only when I have some place I need to be! But my goodness... Winnie the Pooh????? Let down, lol.

So happy you finally got to see at least one parade. And it is one that puts you in a good mood.

Thanks Rob- it was a great time!

Total let down- that Winnie the Pooh. Lol

I was so happy to finally see the parade. I just really wanted my MIL to see a parade at Disney.

Hi there! :wave: Totally been MIA for a while...crazy around here with school and everything. Finally getting caught up on the Dis:thumbsup2

Fabulous pictures of the family!! What wonderful memories you're making!!! :goodvibes And it looks like everyone is having a blast. Such sweet pics of the boys sleeping. Glad you had a nice Labor Day!!! And yay for a new trip planned!!!!!

Have a great weekend!
Heather

Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort, I just finished a TR where the Diser had a lot of pictures from there and she makes it look like a lot of fun, lots to do and see. I have eaten at Whispering Canyon twice for dinner and its served family style and there's plenty for everyone. I'm sure breakfast is just as good don't forget to ask for ketchup:rotfl2:. Its one of my husbands favorite so is Ohanas also served family style soooooo Good!!
funny story about Starbucks my DH had also never been there on principle, but as soon as they put one in side MK he could not wait to try it.

You finally saw your parade, a great experience especially when you watch your children smile and laugh too right!

Our family of four stayed (My Brother and I plus parents) at WL twice, once in 2009 and last summer. We absolutely love it there, always eat at Whispering Canyon. We have eaten there for Breakfast and Dinner (both times were amazing). Such a quirky little restaurant.

We also love late summer/fall trips and we will be staying at OKW in 17 days and we are doing MNSSHP! Haven't done it such 2009!

Hi there! :wave: Totally been MIA for a while...crazy around here with school and everything. Finally getting caught up on the Dis:thumbsup2

Fabulous pictures of the family!! What wonderful memories you're making!!! :goodvibes And it looks like everyone is having a blast. Such sweet pics of the boys sleeping. Glad you had a nice Labor Day!!! And yay for a new trip planned!!!!!

Have a great weekend!
Heather

I've missed ya Heather but totally understand the busy-ness! I saw on your TR that you squeezed in a mini trip, how fun and can't wait to read all about that.

Thanks for popping in!

Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort, I just finished a TR where the Diser had a lot of pictures from there and she makes it look like a lot of fun, lots to do and see. I have eaten at Whispering Canyon twice for dinner and its served family style and there's plenty for everyone. I'm sure breakfast is just as good don't forget to ask for ketchup:rotfl2:. Its one of my husbands favorite so is Ohanas also served family style soooooo Good!!
funny story about Starbucks my DH had also never been there on principle, but as soon as they put one in side MK he could not wait to try it.

You finally saw your parade, a great experience especially when you watch your children smile and laugh too right!

I've heard all about the ketchup shenanagins and my group would be hysterical about that for sure! Your DH had never tried Sbux either??? Why do we love these people that have never had Sbux?? LOL

The parades are always a favorite memory of mine for sure!

Our family of four stayed (My Brother and I plus parents) at WL twice, once in 2009 and last summer. We absolutely love it there, always eat at Whispering Canyon. We have eaten there for Breakfast and Dinner (both times were amazing). Such a quirky little restaurant.

We also love late summer/fall trips and we will be staying at OKW in 17 days and we are doing MNSSHP! Haven't done it such 2009!

Welcome!!! And thank you for your insight on WL!

OMG! MNSSHP??!! I absolutely adored it last year and am sad that we can't be there this year but sometime again- most definitely!!

I just love your family beach pictures! Such a cute family!

What a great end to your day! I am so excited to see MSEP for the first time ever on our next trip! It looks so magically fun and DISNEY!

So where's the picture of the tink tattoo? I wanna see!

I don't blame you for soaking up that last bit of MK magic. Thank goodness you have another trip in the works! I'm excited to hear about wilderness cafe and Ohana dinner-- we've never done either of those but I hear they are both a blast and have awesome food!

I just love your family beach pictures! Such a cute family!

What a great end to your day! I am so excited to see MSEP for the first time ever on our next trip! It looks so magically fun and DISNEY!

So where's the picture of the tink tattoo? I wanna see!

I don't blame you for soaking up that last bit of MK magic. Thank goodness you have another trip in the works! I'm excited to hear about wilderness cafe and Ohana dinner-- we've never done either of those but I hear they are both a blast and have awesome food!

Thanks Lori!! :)

I will have to take a picture of my Tink- just for you!!

You've never seen MSEP?!! Please make sure you watch it on your trip and think of me!! :))))))

I'm looking forward to trying the new restaurants!

Sunday, June 15, 2014- FATHERS DAY!!!

~Happy Father's day to my love who goes over and beyond what is necessary and of course, puts up with my Disney habit! ~

We woke up early this morning, as we had an ADR to my favorite character breakfast- Cape May Café. If you have never made it to this one, I don't know why. LOVE, LOVE it. Love it so much that I am sad that I don't think we will be able to squeeze it in on our next trip. Eekkk!

After getting our sleepy-eyed children up and dressed, we headed to the bus stop to head to MGM in order to catch a friendship boat.

For some reason, it seemed like it took forever for a bus to get there and I start sweating and freaking whenever I think I am going to be late to an ADR. We've all been there.

We arrived at MGM and waited and waited for a boat... I kept looking at the time and even told Stevie that we might have to walk. EEKKKK... As we were walking away, one pulled up. ( wipes brow) I told her we needed to be at our ADR in 5 minutes and she exclaimed that they give you 30 minute lee-way?? I wanted to tell her that I am on the DIS and I am almost certain that this is not true but anywho..... Maybe I'm wrong??

I love the beautiful ride over to the Beach Club.

4ikepz.jpg

My baby just coolin it in the morning sun.

6o0ps3.jpg

After a nice little ride and me worrying that we were going to be turned away, we made it to our destination and we were seated right away.

bi172p.jpg

291dlhc.jpg

If you followed my last TR, you would know Landen likes the characters from afar but please don't intrude in his personal space... People think we are crazy ( but I know you guys don't) that we have taken him to Disney 3x and he is only 2.. the whole... " he won't remember" nonsense.... Well, as soon as we stepped foot in the restaurant ( didn't even see a character) he starts freaking. I KNOW without a doubt, he remembered us coming the previous year.

It didn't take long at all for me to grab us some food.

2l880hi.jpg

2s0ddap.jpg

YUM... I could go for one of those mickey waffles. I don't know what it is about those things but geez- zus they are great.

The selection of food here is just wonderful. Besides the ever popular mickey waffles, They also have French toast, fresh fruit, eggs, eggs benedict, bagels, lox, smoked salmon, salami, prosciutto, assorted cheeses, diced potatoes, bacon, muffins, sausage, cereal, grits, oatmeal. There is truly something for everyone.

Shall we get into the characters?

Just like the food, the character interaction here is top notch!

eti3jq.jpg

Yes, No Landen. He chose to stick his nose up at Goofy and sit at the table, LOL.

I LOVED seeing MIL's face, she is like a child herself and I hope one day she will join us again.

2wftpvl.jpg

He decided to join but wasn't happy about it.

2quon0x.jpg

125gaqo.jpg

Daddy arm-wrestling Donald! ( It was such a fun moment as you can see)

35lg0pd.jpg

Aww- let's make peace!

33ueq1v.jpg

2j2bz39.jpg

Lawson and that sword!

2r618bl.jpg

9an22a.jpg

After our fun little breakfast, we ventured out to look around this beautiful resort. I wanted a tee shirt from the Marketplace shop they have here but sadly, were out of mediums. I am definitely a tee-shirt kind of gal when I am not forced to dress up at work. Maybe next time they will have my size!

Look at this cute little critter:

xe23j4.jpg

We wish we were part of the Beach Club world!!

96lrnp.jpg

I mean, I could take this as my house along with the perfect landscaping.

2cneh4k.jpg

2b71p5.jpg

We let the kids run wild on the beach and even stopped for a few sweet pics.... :)

2iroo6q.jpg

t53b6x.jpg

2a0lv8z.jpg

I want this sign in my house!

1zgsxmw.jpg

That pool though!!!!

r289qt.jpg

At this point, it was time to head back, as Landen was a crankpot and was starting to embarrass me. LOL. We had a late check out of 1:00 ( I think) so we had to head back to head on over to POP.

In other news, I am working up an itinerary and have secured a few ADR's for all 8 of us.

Ohana Dinner ( this will be a first as we've only done breakfast)

1900 Park Faire Dinner ( we love this one and my friend who has the girls will love seeing "Ella")

Hollywood and Vine Lunch- We have done this one once before and we didn't dislike it but didn't really love it but since they have added Doc McStuffins & Sofia... With us having one toddler, two preschoolers and Lawson secretly still likes them, it's almost a no-brainer.

Whispering Canyon Café breakfast- Super excited about this one- It will be a first!

And debating between Cape May again or Tusker House- I prefer CM but TH will be more convenient since we will be at AK.

Definitely want to do BOG lunch on our first MK day- we just didn't have time to do it this past time and last year, it wasn't open yet.

Coming up: Moving on over to POP, Downtown Disney & Club Level experience at Contemporary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter