Tried to be sneaky but the trick was on us! A family reunites... June 2014

Oh WOW!!!!! :dance3: Clearly I have not been paying close enough attention to Facebook. What a wonderful blessing Marcie! Congratulations!!!

And while I'm still bummed to be missing you by such a short amount of time, I'm super glad you're getting your trip still. Everything sounds wonderful.

Whispering Canyon and 50's look to be so much fun! This is going to be a great trip I think!

Thanks Rob!! I am sad to miss you as well... Maybe next year?! I can only hope!

Well hello Lady :wave2:
Its good to hear from you again. Congrats on your big news. A little princess would be cute addition to you family and I'm sure the boys will be great big brothers.

is this the beginning of your pre-trip report?
Your choices look great. I'm a Ohana fan and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Thank you! And thank you for sticking around!

Well, I guess I could make this a PTR! I. We'd to finish my TR, lol! Only have to do the last night and wrap up!

I'm glad you love Ohana, I've been reading mixed reviews! :(

Hi :wave:
I just found your TR today and read the whole thing!

First of all congrats on baby #3! I am currently expecting #2 and have been sick as a dog the entire time, just like with my first, both girls, so maybe you'll get your princess!

I also wanted to say so sorry about your mom. My mom is currently going through treatments for stage 4 lung and brain cancer. Her long term prognosis is not great so we are just taking each day as it comes. It's one of the hardest things I have ever done. Planning our fall trip is one of the only things that gets me through each day.

Loving the report! Can't wait to hear more!

I'm so glad you joined in! Thank you!

Congrats on #2! When are you due?

I am so sorry to hear of your mom as well. It's so hard. That is what we did, just took it day by day and did things while we could. We went to Disney, went to beach, just made memories. Though I miss her tons, I don't have any guilt, I know I was there for her! If you ever want to chat, please feel free!

YAY!!! What a cute announcement!! Love it! :love:

Sorry to hear about the morning sickness, but hopefully things are on the upswing now, especially with a February trip to look forward to!! Your plans sound fabulous! :goodvibes

Thanks Julie! Did you have MS too?

So jealous of you this week!! :)))) Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

:dance3:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What fabulous and wonderful news! And as someone who has a July birthday, I think your child has picked an awesome birthday month. :thumbsup2

Your trip sounds great! I think it's a wonderful idea to take advantage of the values while you can - and a sports resort with two boys is an excellent plan! Your last trip as a family of four will be super special, but so will your first trip as a family of five!

I LOVE your dining choices! We've been to 'Ohana twice - we aren't returning next trip only to branch out a bit, but we really enjoyed it both times. The salad (which it appears is back?), wings, shrimp, and dessert were my favorites.

50's Prime Time is a must-do for us - Anika LOVES the chicken! I'm a big fan of the pot roast, and both of us adore the onion ring appetizer. The shakes are also AWESOME - but they're HUGE so you could certainly buy one and split it for everyone to have a taste. I'm not a huge fan of the desserts so we'll probably skip dessert here and get a cupcake from Starring Rolls instead, but the S'mores dessert wasn't too bad.

I can't wait to see what you think about the WCC breakfast - I've heard nothing but good things! I've booked breakfast here during our May trip and I'm pretty excited about it!

Such wonderful things around the corner for you and your family! I look forward to hearing all about your trip and about your pregnancy as it moves along. Hopefully your morning sickness comes to an end sooner rather than later. :goodvibes

:dance3:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What fabulous and wonderful news! And as someone who has a July birthday, I think your child has picked an awesome birthday month. :thumbsup2

Your trip sounds great! I think it's a wonderful idea to take advantage of the values while you can - and a sports resort with two boys is an excellent plan! Your last trip as a family of four will be super special, but so will your first trip as a family of five!

I LOVE your dining choices! We've been to 'Ohana twice - we aren't returning next trip only to branch out a bit, but we really enjoyed it both times. The salad (which it appears is back?), wings, shrimp, and dessert were my favorites.

50's Prime Time is a must-do for us - Anika LOVES the chicken! I'm a big fan of the pot roast, and both of us adore the onion ring appetizer. The shakes are also AWESOME - but they're HUGE so you could certainly buy one and split it for everyone to have a taste. I'm not a huge fan of the desserts so we'll probably skip dessert here and get a cupcake from Starring Rolls instead, but the S'mores dessert wasn't too bad.

I can't wait to see what you think about the WCC breakfast - I've heard nothing but good things! I've booked breakfast here during our May trip and I'm pretty excited about it!

Such wonderful things around the corner for you and your family! I look forward to hearing all about your trip and about your pregnancy as it moves along. Hopefully your morning sickness comes to an end sooner rather than later. :goodvibes

Thank you so much!!! When is your birthday?
Lawson's is the 8th so he is hoping "it' comes on his birthday!

I am glad that you think that our food choices are good ideas! I don't think I will be dissapointed! I hope I dont regret not doing a character meal but like you, I really want to branch out and try some new things this time.

again, congratulations!

As you know, we had our thirst last July ... and then went to Disney in August so not sure I am the best one to give advice :rotfl2:

Actually, one tip I do have is to play around with different car seat configurations, etc. and some stores will let you take the floor models out to your car to see how they fit. By doing that we figured out a set that worked fitting three across the back of my sedan (Kia Optima) which I didn't think was possible.

Only other thing I can say is we had a lot of people telling us going from 2 to 3 wasn't a big deal, but I have found it kinda has been - it's been great but also can be challenging as we now have to play zone defense at times.

Oh, we've also found Disney Infinity can be a good distraction when we need to spend more time with the baby :rotfl:

oh, and I think your plans sound pretty darn good. We enjoyed the 'Ohana dinner - though not a fan of the new lettuce cups they have. But the wings and pot-stickers are great and the meat - especially the pork - was much better than it has been in the past. And of course the bread pudding is amazing!

50s prime time is great too - hopefully you get a good CM waiting on you (most are at least pretty good but some better than others) .... assuming you want to have fun with them that is. The chicken is really good and the sample is a good option too. The desserts are pretty big there.

Have a great trip and congratulations again, again :thumbsup2

again, congratulations!

As you know, we had our thirst last July ... and then went to Disney in August so not sure I am the best one to give advice :rotfl2:

Actually, one tip I do have is to play around with different car seat configurations, etc. and some stores will let you take the floor models out to your car to see how they fit. By doing that we figured out a set that worked fitting three across the back of my sedan (Kia Optima) which I didn't think was possible.

Only other thing I can say is we had a lot of people telling us going from 2 to 3 wasn't a big deal, but I have found it kinda has been - it's been great but also can be challenging as we now have to play zone defense at times.

Oh, we've also found Disney Infinity can be a good distraction when we need to spend more time with the baby :rotfl:

oh, and I think your plans sound pretty darn good. We enjoyed the 'Ohana dinner - though not a fan of the new lettuce cups they have. But the wings and pot-stickers are great and the meat - especially the pork - was much better than it has been in the past. And of course the bread pudding is amazing!

50s prime time is great too - hopefully you get a good CM waiting on you (most are at least pretty good but some better than others) .... assuming you want to have fun with them that is. The chicken is really good and the sample is a good option too. The desserts are pretty big there.

Have a great trip and congratulations again, again :thumbsup2

Thank you so much Phil!!

What kind of carseat do you guys have? I think we are going to use the one we had with Landen, as it's still within the good date. I didn't even know until a couple years ago that carseats expire. Thankfully, we have a Toyota Sienna AKA swagger wagon and we have plenty of room!

Play zone defense!! Lol!! I'm sure I will have my hands full ( especially if another boy) but I'm glad the baby will be born in July & we will have about a month at home before Lawson goes back to school and won't be crazy busy off the bat.

We actually do have Disney Infinity and the boys love it!

I'm sure we will love our dining choices! Wish we were doing more but I really want a more relaxed vacay this time!

CONGRATS!!!!! :banana::woohoo::cool1: How exciting for your family!!!! Love the picture...it's adorable! And you all look so happy. Sorry about the morning sickness, but at least you know it will eventually go away....hopefully sooner than later, right?! I think your February trip sounds fabulous. Your boys will enjoy AsSp. Any trip to Disney is a good trip:thumbsup2 no matter where you stay.

Have a great weekend!
Heather

I'm so glad you joined in! Thank you!

Congrats on #2! When are you due?

I am so sorry to hear of your mom as well. It's so hard. That is what we did, just took it day by day and did things while we could. We went to Disney, went to beach, just made memories. Though I miss her tons, I don't have any guilt, I know I was there for her! If you ever want to chat, please feel free!

Thank you I am due April 20th, with a second girl! I am getting there!

Thank you, this has been so very hard. My momma is my best friend! I am just being there the best I can be and like you said make the memories while we can. Cancer is just so hard, I hate watching someone I love so much suffer so badly :worried: But, I believe God gave me this baby (total surprise lol!) at the right time. I have a horrible thing to focus on but a joyous one as well.

CONGRATS!!!!! :banana::woohoo::cool1: How exciting for your family!!!! Love the picture...it's adorable! And you all look so happy. Sorry about the morning sickness, but at least you know it will eventually go away....hopefully sooner than later, right?! I think your February trip sounds fabulous. Your boys will enjoy AsSp. Any trip to Disney is a good trip:thumbsup2 no matter where you stay.

Have a great weekend!
Heather

Thank you Heather!! It is definitely getting better, thank heavens... :wizard:

I agree that no matter where we stay, heck, I would sleep in my car if I had too, is a great time! One month from today!!! YAY YAY YAY!

Thank you I am due April 20th, with a second girl! I am getting there!

Thank you, this has been so very hard. My momma is my best friend! I am just being there the best I can be and like you said make the memories while we can. Cancer is just so hard, I hate watching someone I love so much suffer so badly :worried: But, I believe God gave me this baby (total surprise lol!) at the right time. I have a horrible thing to focus on but a joyous one as well.

aww two girls??!! :))) How sweet. I think that God does give you certain things at the right time. You have to take care of yourself and that baby to be able to take care of your mom <3

Haven't had much time for DISing lately, so I just saw your happy news. Congratulations! My birthday is July 17th, which also happens to be the day Disneyland opened. That was 1956, however, and I'm not quite that old! The chalkboards are super cute and I hope everything goes smoothly.

Enjoy your February trip! Sounds like it'll be a good one.

Good morning my DISers! Well, I have some not so good news but I keep telling myself that it could always be worse....

My firm had a big lay off last Friday and unfortunately, I was one of the unlucky ones! I know it had something to do with my part time status and they probably looked at who would be best to get rid of...

And if you have read my previous report, you would know that I lost my job before in September 2013- right before my October 2013 trip... Like, what are the odds??!!! #really???

I am getting some severance, but it's not much, but of course, better than nothing and the firm said they wouldn't contest unemployment benefits so I did apply on Monday. I am just afraid it will be hard to find another job while pregnant but I do know that everything will be okay and everything always has a way of working itself out. Best to stay positive. Of course, it is easy to be down.. I mean, in not only two years, I have lost two jobs and lost my mom. But... the positive is.. my children are healthy, our marriage is strong and we are eagerly awaiting another little one. God is good to us.

And my most favorite quote ever is " She stood in the storm and when the wind didn't blow her way, she simply adjusted her sails" <3

Maybe I am just meant to stay home and rest for a little bit.. Who knows?

DH said we aren't planning anymore Disney trips since bad things come in 3 weeks and it could happen again... :joker:

We just agreed that we would be more budget conscious on this trip and we planned to go and doggone it, we are going. <3

Let's get back to the report, shall we....

I last left off as we ( just MIL, Landy and myself) ( my dad, Lawson and DH were going to Disney Quest) were getting on the bus at DTD in the pouring rain. After all the heat, the bus temp combined with the rain, we were freezing!!

We arrived back at POP and looked around the gift shop and decided we would just grab dinner at the food court.

I got a pizza but it wasn't very good. The picture on the menu looked great but you know how that goes. I also got a side of the housemade chips. I LOVED those.

bhyj2d.jpg

I want to say MIL just got a sandwich but I really can't remember.

I got Landen some yogurt, as he said he didn't want anything but yogurt is always our go to. He was so hyper during our meal and I had to keep staying on him about behaving... LOL.

n7zus.jpg

2uhnuwo.jpg

He only looks sweet! :)

After our meal, we decided we needed to head back to the room and Landen insisted on pushing the stroller, as of course he would want to push the stroller in the rain... I ended up having to just throw him on in the stroller as it was starting to really pour and I knew we needed to get back to the room.

We finally made it back and I talked to DH about meeting up at the Contemporary to get back with my sister. Lawson ended up getting to have his first taxi ride, as my dad said he wasn't walking across DTD again in all that rain. LOL.

I start getting Landy ready to go meet up with everyone and MIL says she thinks she just wants to stay at the resort and offers to keep Landen for me since the weather was so bad. I felt bad leaving him but then knew she wouldn't offer, if she didn't mean it... So, I suited up in my rain jacket and took off. It was really storming by this point and I would be lying if I said, I wasn't a tad nervous.. EEEEEKKKK... I didn't think I would ever reach the bus stop.

i'm sorry to hear about your job, but maybe you're right and God is trying to tell you to take it easy for a bit. and I agree, it'll all work out the way it's supposed to be when it's supposed to be.

look at that cute smile on landen! he's adorable!!

Very sorry to hear about you losing your job - at least you got some severance and you can apply for unemployment, etc. - so definitely could be worse

Love the quote you shared: "She stood in the storm and when the wind didn't blow her way, she simply adjusted her sails" ... maybe it is all just God's way of saying it is time to adjust your sails and in time you will look back and see that this was the best thing that could have happened :goodvibes

Must say, your pizza does look really good in your picture, sorry to hear the taste didn't match the looks

That was nice of your MIL to offer to watch Landon ... based on how bad the weather was, probably for the best that he stayed inside.

Oh, as far as car seats, below is a picture of the back seat of my sedan - it is a Kia Optima so not exactly huge but these three seem to fit pretty well across and the kids have enough room:
Car%20seats.jpg

The closest one is a Safety First and is Peter's, the middle is the base for Emma's carrier and is from Uppababy - that we bought recently as our old one had expired and theirs seemed pretty narrow (and we already had an Uppababy stroller). The last is Olivia's and is a Harmony.

Hope this helps :goodvibes

Oh my goodness Marcie, I'm so sorry to hear this. You might have to stop with the Disney trips sadly. They seem to trigger job loss, lol. Seriously though, I like your spirit and attitude of looking on the bright side. A lot of positives in that list that far outweighs any job. :goodvibes

Bahahaha, I like your Dad's thinking. Screw it, we're getting a cab! :drive:

I'm so sorry about your job! I like to think those crazy twists and turns just mean something better is around the corner. :goodvibes (Then again, I'm a crazy , eternal optimist... ;))

It's too bad your pizza wasn't good - the picture makes it look pretty tasty!

I'm all for the taxi, too! :thumbsup2

Sorry about your job, but you have a great attitude. Things do have a way of working out.

How soon until you find out the gender of the new little one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter