*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I've been at my sister's for the last couple of weeks so haven't really been paying attention. According to my phone countdown, only 113 days until my trip! :banana:

Hi there... I’am looking for advice on how to navigate parks during upcoming trip, September 8-13th. My family visited last year; however, we had 8 days vs. 4-5 and I'am really struggling with a plan. Here is what I have reserved thus far which may help u help me. Thank u ahead of time for any advice is tremendously appreciated:)!

MK w/ EMM on her Bday 9/9 and also, a BBB reservation for 1:00 during warmer time of the day w/ late lunch @ CRT, 2:45. I would prefer dinner around 5; however, dinner seems to not be available at this time on party nights. MK on my birthday 9/11, MNSSHP. I would love to attend FEA dessert party during the trip and also, she recently expressed interest n Jedi training after viewing pictures of friends who returned from trip early May.

Again, this is a complete surprise for my daughter’s 5th bday. I'am REALLY wanting to make this trip as magical as possible and one she will not forget! My husband has told her we cannot visit again until she’s 7 or 8 which she addresses with him on a daily basis and voices her displeasure with his plan.

Have a very MAGICAL day!

MK w/ EMM on her Bday 9/9 and also, a BBB reservation for 1:00 during warmer time of the day w/ late lunch @ CRT, 2:45. I would prefer dinner around 5; however, dinner seems to not be available at this time on party nights.

Wanting to do a 5:00 dinner when you have a 2:45 CRT, is really close together. You will probably be getting out of CRT between 3:45-4:15 depending on the princess rotation and enjoying the meal. I would think about pushing your dinner back a bit.

I was hoping to cancel the 2:45 if they open dinner reservations @ CRT on party nights. I think I miscommunicated it n my post.

I was hoping to cancel the 2:45 if they open dinner reservations @ CRT on party nights. I think I miscommunicated it n my post.

Got it. My misunderstanding. If I remember correctly, they released those ADRs early June. Do you have alerts set up?

Are you getting hoppers? You could hop over to Epcot after CRT for the FEA dessert party.

Got it. My misunderstanding. If I remember correctly, they released those ADRs early June. Do you have alerts set up?

Are you getting hoppers? You could hop over to Epcot after CRT for the FEA dessert party.

I think that’s a great idea, thank u! Okay... so if we hop over for FEA, do u think I should keep lunch, go back to hotel to rest up, and then head to Epcot since we will b up early for EMM?

I just cannot seem to leave my ADRS alone lol I have changed them so many times! Now the only quick service I have is BOG for breakfast!
For now I have
Picaubu for breakfast, Home Comin lunch, Via Napoli dinner all OOP
For deluxe DDP
CG Brunch, LTT dinner, Chefs De France lunch, Biergarten Dinner, The Wave breakfast, Sci Fi lunch, Cape May dinner, Kona breakfast, Yak & Yeti lunch, Jiko dinner, Boma breakfast, Ohana dinner, BOG breakfast, Skipper Canteen lunch, Narcossee dinner, R&C lunch, Le Cellier dinner and Trails End brunch before we leave

That doesn't even include the snack credits for F&W and the pulled pork fries and pineapple lumpia at AK and the strawberry funnel cake at HS and cat tail at MK..lol I better make sure I walk even more than what you normally do at WDW or I wont be fitting in my clothes by the end of the trip.

Well now that Galaxy's Edge has been announced for "late fall 2019" we decided NOT to skip Disney next year. We'll take 2020 off instead. I feel like I can relax a bit about this trip now instead of trying to cram everything into a week. :D

I want more pool time!!!

Hi there... I’am looking for advice on how to navigate parks during upcoming trip, September 8-13th. My family visited last year; however, we had 8 days vs. 4-5 and I'am really struggling with a plan. Here is what I have reserved thus far which may help u help me. Thank u ahead of time for any advice is tremendously appreciated:)!

MK w/ EMM on her Bday 9/9 and also, a BBB reservation for 1:00 during warmer time of the day w/ late lunch @ CRT, 2:45. I would prefer dinner around 5; however, dinner seems to not be available at this time on party nights. MK on my birthday 9/11, MNSSHP. I would love to attend FEA dessert party during the trip and also, she recently expressed interest n Jedi training after viewing pictures of friends who returned from trip early May.

Again, this is a complete surprise for my daughter’s 5th bday. I'am REALLY wanting to make this trip as magical as possible and one she will not forget! My husband has told her we cannot visit again until she’s 7 or 8 which she addresses with him on a daily basis and voices her displeasure with his plan.

Have a very MAGICAL day!

I would definitely recommend doing mornings and evenings to avoid the horrible afternoon heat of the day. I think your plan is good for the late lunch. We have one at Be Our Guest to cool off, too.

Several of us in here are waiting for the Frozen dessert party to become available and I know I will post in here as soon as it is!

Since our plans finally solidified I feel like I can join in on the party :)

My wife and I are coming back home Sept 13 - 18th! Adult-only trip, and the first one in over 18 years, since our honeymoon :)
We'll be staying at POP and I even scored Free Dining for us. The morning it launched, I hopped on at 9am for giggles and those dates were open at POP (we loved POP last year) and I nabbed it thinking that worst-case I could always cancel it. It worked out!

It'll also be our first MNSS on that Sunday the 16th.

Totally missed the ADR 180 window, but at the same time we're not sure if we're going to do any ADRs or not since we got the SQ plan and it's Food and Wine :)

Counting down!!

My wife and I are coming back home Sept 13 - 18th! Adult-only trip, and the first one in over 18 years, since our honeymoon :)
We'll be staying at POP and I even scored Free Dining for us. The morning it launched, I hopped on at 9am for giggles and those dates were open at POP (we loved POP last year) and I nabbed it thinking that worst-case I could always cancel it. It worked out!

Totally missed the ADR 180 window, but at the same time we're not sure if we're going to do any ADRs or not since we got the SQ plan and it's Food and Wine :)

Counting down!!

Hi, Enjoy your adult only trip - Hubs and I have been 3 times soo far and they are great.. We will be at the Pop 9/15 - 22 with extended family this trip - some haven't been at all and some not in over 25 years plus there will be 3 little boys age 2.5 with them - this trip will be something new for us for sure! I am glad your plans worked out! Michelle

Hi, Enjoy your adult only trip - Hubs and I have been 3 times soo far and they are great.. We will be at the Pop 9/15 - 22 with extended family this trip - some haven't been at all and some not in over 25 years plus there will be 3 little boys age 2.5 with them - this trip will be something new for us for sure! I am glad your plans worked out! Michelle

Awesome to hear more and more that the whole adult-only trips are worth it :) It'll be a bit odd to not have our son with us but we're also really looking forward to it!

Holy cow that's alot of firsts and people! :) Sounds like it'll be a great whirlwind of a trip to remember for everyone :)

That doesn't even include the snack credits for F&W and the pulled pork fries and pineapple lumpia at AK and the strawberry funnel cake at HS and cat tail at MK..lol I better make sure I walk even more than what you normally do at WDW or I wont be fitting in my clothes by the end of the trip.

I never even thought about using snack credits for F&W, that's a great tip, thank you :cutie:

I think that’s a great idea, thank u! Okay... so if we hop over for FEA, do u think I should keep lunch, go back to hotel to rest up, and then head to Epcot since we will b up early for EMM?
Did you see dinner ADRs opened today? I know you’re not going to the party that day but you might find cancellations from party people bumping theirs back.

I think since you’re doing BBB, I’d keep the lunch. I like to use my ADRs as a break so take your time and enjoy lunch. Then you could snack at the food and wine booths if you get hungry. Saving room for FEA dessert party.

Last edited:

Counting down!!

Welcome! DH and I are doing an adults-only trip at Pop from 9/13-9/17, and we're doing the 9/16 MNSSHP too!

Welcome! DH and I are doing an adults-only trip at Pop from 9/13-9/17, and we're doing the 9/16 MNSSHP too!

Huzzah!! That's awesome :) Seriously can't wait, the countdown can't finish soon enough! What's hilarious is when we told our son, he said "Oh, so you're not going to Disneyland? Okay, that's fine, you guys have fun!" Swear I waiting for him to change his mind, LOL!

Well now that Galaxy's Edge has been announced for "late fall 2019" we decided NOT to skip Disney next year. We'll take 2020 off instead. I feel like I can relax a bit about this trip now instead of trying to cram everything into a week. :D

I want more pool time!!!

I didn’t see that Galaxy’s Edge will be opening late fall! Hmmm...I may start considering the possibility of booking a bounceback offer for September 2019 then...

Nothing like planning next year’s trip before this one has even started lol

I didn’t see that Galaxy’s Edge will be opening late fall! Hmmm...I may start considering the possibility of booking a bounceback offer for September 2019 then...

Nothing like planning next year’s trip before this one has even started lol

:rotfl:Already planning a March trip now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter