*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

Woohoo!! Were here!! Having a relaxing start to our vacation by the gf pools - amazing food In The SL lounge!!! Can't wait to get to MK for a few hours later!!!!!

Glad you guys made it there safely. Have an amazing time!

Wishing loads of magic and fun to

neme9xu July 16- 21 @ GF
yce22princess July 16-25 @ GF
cped July 16- 25 @ All-Star ?
pharm55 July 16-26 @ AKL then BLT
toandjo July 16- 28 @ offsite

Have a great trip!!!

:woohoo: :yay: :banana: :worship: :dance3: :dance3: :worship: :banana: :yay: :woohoo:

Wishing everyone leaving tomorrow a fantastic trip!

My DS took off with no problems. But the weather in FL is another story :( thunderstorms are delaying his landing about 20 min.

Um, yeah, so I injured my toe (3rd toe on my left foot) - 7 days before our trip! I went for xrays today, and it's not broken - thank the lord - but it's badly bruised and pretty sore. Dr told me to take it easy, ice, elevate, Advil, "buddy tape," and wear sneakers. He thinks I'll be OK by next week, but he cautioned me to really be careful. He was funny - he told me check out the Hoop- dee- doo BBQ! :lmao:

Hopefully none of our July DISers were involved in this!! :scared1::scared1: My mom and I are both claustrophobic. I honestly would've died! And to think some people had to climb out the roof!?!? What about people in wheelchairs? Yikes!!! http://www.clickorlando.com/news/disney-guests-evacuated-off-monorail/26937756

Wow that is scary. I'm not one to be completely paranoid on vacation (maybe just a little, lol), but I'm glad we aren't planning to use the monorail on this trip. Walking or boats to Epcot and DHS, and bus to MK. Yes, I know anything can happen on any of those as well, but wow, that is crazy what happened on the monorail! They'd have to drug me before I would climb down a ladder off that thing. By the way, I'm sure the lawsuits have already begun...because Disney has complete control of lightning storms.

Wow that is scary. I'm not one to be completely paranoid on vacation (maybe just a little, lol), but I'm glad we aren't planning to use the monorail on this trip. Walking or boats to Epcot and DHS, and bus to MK. Yes, I know anything can happen on any of those as well, but wow, that is crazy what happened on the monorail! They'd have to drug me before I would climb down a ladder off that thing. By the way, I'm sure the lawsuits have already begun...because Disney has complete control of lightning storms.

There has got to be some sort of backup system they can have in place. I remember getting stuck one summer (literally ON the TTC platform.) There was some sort of power failure. We were still on the platform, but everything was locked up and powered down. It was July and we had NO AC. It was probably an hour, and it was miserable. It was so annoying to have to sit there and stare at all the people on the platform just looking at us like we were in the zoo. I can't imagine this happening suspended up on the track and for TWO HOURS!? That is so dangerous in the heat of the summer.

Someone posted that on the Frozen thread, too! I searched in the app store and I'm still not clear about what it actually is/does. Are you able to explain? Thanks so much!! We'll be joining you in 4 days!!!!!
It puts characters into your picture for you. It's pretty cool. The first backdrop for this we found, it makes Olaf dance across your screen and then you take the picture and he is in it with you. Inside Oaken's Trading Post there are a few photo ops too, with the trolls and Sven.

Someone posted that on the Frozen thread, too! I searched in the app store and I'm still not clear about what it actually is/does. Are you able to explain? Thanks so much!! We'll be joining you in 4 days!!!!!

It's hard to explain, but they have a few different backdrops set up and when you have the app open and point it at the backdrop, a character will appear on your screen and become part of the picture with you. It was pretty cool.

It's hard to explain, but they have a few different backdrops set up and when you have the app open and point it at the backdrop, a character will appear on your screen and become part of the picture with you. It was pretty cool.

Thanks! I watched a YouTube video of how to do it ;) I didn't want to be the one holding up a line while I tried to figure it out, ha!!!

Um, yeah, so I injured my toe (3rd toe on my left foot) - 7 days before our trip! I went for xrays today, and it's not broken - thank the lord - but it's badly bruised and pretty sore. Dr told me to take it easy, ice, elevate, Advil, "buddy tape," and wear sneakers. He thinks I'll be OK by next week, but he cautioned me to really be careful. He was funny - he told me check out the Hoop- dee- doo BBQ! :lmao:

Oh no! I hope you are able to rest it before you leave and it is better for the trip.

DisneyMomFanatic we were planning to meet at HS on Mon. July 21st before the second Fantasmic. Are you planning on seeing the Frozen Fireworks first?

Michele

DisneyMomFanatic we were planning to meet at HS on Mon. July 21st before the second Fantasmic. Are you planning on seeing the Frozen Fireworks first?

Michele

Not to bust in on your meet, but we'll be in HS that night, too! I don't know how long we'll be there, and I don't think we're going to Fantasmic, but we'll be around :thumbsup2

Michele

That is our intent since it is our only HS day. Our DD wants to see it all but we are not buying the premium package. What did you have in mind? Just so you know when we meet, we will be wearing our Frozen shirts (like nobody else will be... :lmao:) I will have an Anna shirt on. Let me know what you have in mind. We are there the whole day (but probably not Rope Drop- we never seem to make them)

Not to bust in on your meet, but we'll be in HS that night, too! I don't know how long we'll be there, and I don't think we're going to Fantasmic, but we'll be around :thumbsup2

You are more than welcome to join our meet if you are there when we meet. Seriously, the more the merrier!!

* We will also have a Mickey head on our backpack that my DH will be carrying. It is a stars and stripes Mickey with July in one ear and 2014 in the other and at the top of his head is DisneyMomFanatic in black paint. If you see it, say hi!!! I love that stuff (DH, no so much :rotfl2:)

Hello Everyone - RHMH here (AKA Bob)

To everyone that has been to WDW, hope your trip was a success and to the one's at the parks now, have a super time.

For the ones getting ready to leave, I know your super excited & have a Magical Vacation

We are currently at DLP and I have been doing a daily trip report. Below is the link.. Have a great day

Bob

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter