*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

As for the temps getting cooler around here.... Doesn't look that way this week. Temps in 90s all week.
I was looking at the weather for Daytona today....thinking of hitting the beach. Well it said at 12:00 it would be 93 but feel like 101!!!! I said to DH how is that possible isn't it cooler at the coast!???? He said not in FL necessarily. I guess I'm just so used to it being like that at home. You always go to the beach when it hits 90 in New England bc you know it'll feel like 80 at the beach :)

Yesterday we went to Universal to see the new Daigon Alley. It was AMAZING!!! If you are a HP fan you must see this. Well they definitely stepped it up this time bc it is a much larger area than the side with Hogwarts. We were about ready to leave the area after checking things out, we didn't get in line for the ride bc the wait was 240 min. , yes you read that right!!
We would be back early Wednesday morning to get in line for that.
Well a women asked us if we wanted her express passes bc they were leaving. Not sure what they were called really, I'm not sure if they even had express for they ride. They said they were valid through Wednesday July 16!!!!
Long story short we thanked her numerous times and only waited about 20 min.!!!!! :) so there is pixie dust even on the "dark side" LOL
We went over to EP for dinner and rode TT ( had FP) around 3:45. The standby was only 30 min!!!!! Had FP for SSE but standby was only 10. TP site said EP was 4 out of 10 yesterday!!! We probably could've rode Soarin standby too but we needed to get to dinner. We ate at San Angel Inn ( which I got that morning :) ) My DH has wanted to eat here for a while, but I'm not crazy about Mexican. It was delicious!!!! I would eat there again. The only thing I didn't like was close the tables are together. You feel like you're dining w the people on the side of you.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Prayers needed - we leave in 6 days to take my DD 3 to disney for the first time and she started running a fever today - prayers for a quick fever and that it doesn't spoil her first time to the kingdom! Thanks!!!!

Sending prayers your way that she has a speedy recovery! I hope she's doing much better today. :)

As for the temps getting cooler around here.... Doesn't look that way this week. Temps in 90s all week.
I was looking at the weather for Daytona today....thinking of hitting the beach. Well it said at 12:00 it would be 93 but feel like 101!!!! I said to DH how is that possible isn't it cooler at the coast!???? He said not in FL necessarily. I guess I'm just so used to it being like that at home. You always go to the beach when it hits 90 in New England bc you know it'll feel like 80 at the beach :)

Yesterday we went to Universal to see the new Daigon Alley. It was AMAZING!!! If you are a HP fan you must see this. Well they definitely stepped it up this time bc it is a much larger area than the side with Hogwarts. We were about ready to leave the area after checking things out, we didn't get in line for the ride bc the wait was 240 min. , yes you read that right!!
We would be back early Wednesday morning to get in line for that.
Well a women asked us if we wanted her express passes bc they were leaving. Not sure what they were called really, I'm not sure if they even had express for they ride. They said they were valid through Wednesday July 16!!!!
Long story short we thanked her numerous times and only waited about 20 min.!!!!! :) so there is pixie dust even on the "dark side" LOL
We went over to EP for dinner and rode TT ( had FP) around 3:45. The standby was only 30 min!!!!! Had FP for SSE but standby was only 10. TP site said EP was 4 out of 10 yesterday!!! We probably could've rode Soarin standby too but we needed to get to dinner. We ate at San Angel Inn ( which I got that morning :) ) My DH has wanted to eat here for a while, but I'm not crazy about Mexican. It was delicious!!!! I would eat there again. The only thing I didn't like was close the tables are together. You feel like you're dining w the people on the side of you.

Glad you were given the express passes. That was really nice. I really want to take the kids sometime soon. I was just waiting for them to be able to experience everything.

We love San Angel. It is always really relaxing for us. Yes, the tables are a bit close together though. They could be a bit more spaced out. Glad you guys enjoyed it though.

Here is wishing a very special vacation to our next trio of travelers...

arharris July 15- 21 @ POR
Ferrentinos July 15- 23 @ GF SL
think-like-tink July 15-25 @ AKL

May all your magical wishes and dreams come true on this trip!!!

:cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

3 days for us!!!! Having some sick issues here, too! I know with me its probably stress. Literally 99.9% of the planning, packing, arrangements, etc... falls on me, so I get stressed in the days leading up to when we leave. I'm trying to just relax and focus on the fun ;)

We're sick as well. DD woke up with headache and fever on Sunday; goes away with Advil and then comes back when the med wears off. I don't feel great either so we probably have a virus. Leaving Friday no matter what though.

Here is wishing a very special vacation to our next trio of travelers...

arharris July 15- 21 @ POR
Ferrentinos July 15- 23 @ GF SL
think-like-tink July 15-25 @ AKL

May all your magical wishes and dreams come true on this trip!!!

:cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

Yeahoooo!!!!!! I feel a bond with you since we're going to be there at the same time!! So excited for you to have a wonderful adventure!!

Fever or no fever DD is still using her Walt Disney World Kid's Guide to countdown our last days. Today she made her list of attractions to visit at DHS and finished making mouse ears for all 3 of us. I have mine on right now. :)

Fever or no fever DD is still using her Walt Disney World Kid's Guide to countdown our last days. Today she made her list of attractions to visit at DHS and finished making mouse ears for all 3 of us. I have mine on right now. :)

Aww that's too cute! At least being outside is good for people when they're sick! Hope she feels better!

The top 3 TS meals this trip were BOG dinner (LOVED the braised pork dish!) and Liberty Tree Tavern lunch (good burger and awesome toffee cake dessert!), followed by a close tie between Chef Mickey's dinner (we normally do breakfast, but dinner this time was actually pretty good!) and Tony's Town Square for lunch (which was probably the biggest hit for DD who loves spaghetti)

I do wish we would've done CRT for dinner instead of Akershus, but I was trying to use our dining credits efficiently...definitely still prefer CRT...

Loved the character interaction at Chef Mickey's this time (more so than most - maybe because we were one of the last seatings). Garden Grill and Ohana were both good too, but none were bad or anything.

The Family Magic tour was a fun change and DS really enjoyed it. BBB was crazy, but DD loved it. Of course DH wasn't too thrilled with the $200 attitude change. Lol.

FP+ worked fine, but the app was screwy and way slow most of the time. Sometimes I ended up going to the website on DH's phone instead of using the app because it seemed quicker.

POR was nice. Pretty grounds, relaxing, and quiet. Wasn't a fan of the food court, walk to the main building (we were in AB 34), multiple bus stops within the resort before we could go to the parks, lack of storage space in the room, size of the room in general, the layout of the bathroom, and the uncomfortable beds (although I think the one DD slept in was better than ours)

WL was simply lovely. :-) I think I have been spoiled by the deluxes...loved Poly and BC, and now I'm adding WL to the list.

4th of July fireworks at Epcot were amazing!! MK's were good, but second to Epcot's I think! (IMO) Frozen fireworks were pretty cool too, but definitely see them where you can hear/ see what's going on at the hat (the stage) because it makes it much better...

We did the Frozen premium package at HS which was good. Not sure it was completely worth it, but it would've been better if it hadn't been raining the night we did it and saw the fireworks. They have an outdoor dessert party thing to go with it (complete with a few special alcoholic drinks!) and you're right in front of the stage. The sing a long was cute and the welcome parade was fun too (both with reserved seating).

Any questions, feel free to ask!! :-)

The top 3 TS meals this trip were BOG dinner (LOVED the braised pork dish!) and Liberty Tree Tavern lunch (good burger and awesome toffee cake dessert!), followed by a close tie between Chef Mickey's dinner (we normally do breakfast, but dinner this time was actually pretty good!) and Tony's Town Square for lunch (which was probably the biggest hit for DD who loves spaghetti) I do wish we would've done CRT for dinner instead of Akershus, but I was trying to use our dining credits efficiently...definitely still prefer CRT... Loved the character interaction at Chef Mickey's this time (more so than most - maybe because we were one of the last seatings). Garden Grill and Ohana were both good too, but none were bad or anything. The Family Magic tour was a fun change and DS really enjoyed it. BBB was crazy, but DD loved it. Of course DH wasn't too thrilled with the $200 attitude change. Lol. FP+ worked fine, but the app was screwy and way slow most of the time. Sometimes I ended up going to the website on DH's phone instead of using the app because it seemed quicker. POR was nice. Pretty grounds, relaxing, and quiet. Wasn't a fan of the food court, walk to the main building (we were in AB 34), multiple bus stops within the resort before we could go to the parks, lack of storage space in the room, size of the room in general, the layout of the bathroom, and the uncomfortable beds (although I think the one DD slept in was better than ours) WL was simply lovely. :-) I think I have been spoiled by the deluxes...loved Poly and BC, and now I'm adding WL to the list. 4th of July fireworks at Epcot were amazing!! MK's were good, but second to Epcot's I think! (IMO) Frozen fireworks were pretty cool too, but definitely see them where you can hear/ see what's going on at the hat (the stage) because it makes it much better... We did the Frozen premium package at HS which was good. Not sure it was completely worth it, but it would've been better if it hadn't been raining the night we did it and saw the fireworks. They have an outdoor dessert party thing to go with it (complete with a few special alcoholic drinks!) and you're right in front of the stage. The sing a long was cute and the welcome parade was fun too (both with reserved seating). Any questions, feel free to ask!! :-) Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sounds like you had a really great trip! We are also eating dinner at BOG and lunch at LTT! Garden Grill dinner too. Glad you all had a good time!

The top 3 TS meals this trip were BOG dinner (LOVED the braised pork dish!) and Liberty Tree Tavern lunch (good burger and awesome toffee cake dessert!), followed by a close tie between Chef Mickey's dinner (we normally do breakfast, but dinner this time was actually pretty good!) and Tony's Town Square for lunch (which was probably the biggest hit for DD who loves spaghetti)

I do wish we would've done CRT for dinner instead of Akershus, but I was trying to use our dining credits efficiently...definitely still prefer CRT...

Loved the character interaction at Chef Mickey's this time (more so than most - maybe because we were one of the last seatings). Garden Grill and Ohana were both good too, but none were bad or anything.

The Family Magic tour was a fun change and DS really enjoyed it. BBB was crazy, but DD loved it. Of course DH wasn't too thrilled with the $200 attitude change. Lol.

FP+ worked fine, but the app was screwy and way slow most of the time. Sometimes I ended up going to the website on DH's phone instead of using the app because it seemed quicker.

POR was nice. Pretty grounds, relaxing, and quiet. Wasn't a fan of the food court, walk to the main building (we were in AB 34), multiple bus stops within the resort before we could go to the parks, lack of storage space in the room, size of the room in general, the layout of the bathroom, and the uncomfortable beds (although I think the one DD slept in was better than ours)

WL was simply lovely. :-) I think I have been spoiled by the deluxes...loved Poly and BC, and now I'm adding WL to the list.

4th of July fireworks at Epcot were amazing!! MK's were good, but second to Epcot's I think! (IMO) Frozen fireworks were pretty cool too, but definitely see them where you can hear/ see what's going on at the hat (the stage) because it makes it much better...

We did the Frozen premium package at HS which was good. Not sure it was completely worth it, but it would've been better if it hadn't been raining the night we did it and saw the fireworks. They have an outdoor dessert party thing to go with it (complete with a few special alcoholic drinks!) and you're right in front of the stage. The sing a long was cute and the welcome parade was fun too (both with reserved seating).

Any questions, feel free to ask!! :-)

So fun to hear your recap!!! We are leaving in a couple days and I'm so excited. I agree about POR (although I really enjoyed our royal room,) I was not a fan of the food court. They layout is awful and, when its busy, all the long lines cross cross each other and no one can get through (or figure out where the lines start!). It was also the worst bus service we've had at any Disney resort!

I never got my Mickey Mail with my luggage tags and stuff...we leave in 5 days, is that normal?

I never got my Mickey Mail with my luggage tags and stuff...we leave in 5 days, is that normal?

You should have gotten your stuff already unless you planned your trip less than 45 days ago. I would call Disney. We got our things at about 30 days out at least.

We're back! DD20 and I had a wonderful "Mother-Daughter" trip for five days at POFQ. Haven't done a "summer" Disney trip in a few years; last two years we had 10 days in January. Definitely difference in the weather!! Lol. It was HOT HOT HOT!! :-). Here's a little recap of our trip:

1. First time using Magical Express. We normally stay at the Dolphin and really love it, but we get a town car service. Being just DD and I, we wanted the airport transportation included. Wow. What a great feature! Especially the return trip - with our boarding passes and check in taken care of, all we had to do was go straight to security. Terrific!

2. Magic Bands: very convenient not having to pull out tickets, or remembering a room key. A little TOO easy to charge purchases. LOLOLOL

3. FP+. : hmmm...... Love/hate relationship. Lol. Loved the ease. "Hate" feeling forced to advance plan. It's called "vacation" for a reason! ;-). Wish you could book another online as soon as you use up one, not have to go through all 3 FP and then get it through the kiosk.

4. Food choices at POFQ were eh. I like a cocktail lounge that has appetizers etc. very limited selection.

5. Downtown Disney was a MAJOR disappointment. Construction and crowds a plenty. Boats were cancelled due to thunder and buses were a mess. We tried to take a cab back but it took forever to find where they were located due to the construction. :-(

6. FROZEN Premium Package: Fireworks were AMAZING!!! Sing-a-long was so much fun! I hope they keep it longer than the summer. Dessert party was inside due to rain but very nicely put together and included some specialty drinks. I think they had us gather too soon for the parade processional in the morning because it was unbearably hot and much too long of a wait. Oakens was cute and the skating was sweet to see, but there is no way I come to WDW to skate on hockey skates. Lol. We lived the fireworks so much we returned the next night just to see them again. Would have liked a "meet & greet" with the premium package or maybe a special edition pin.

7. Festival of Fantasy Parade was magical!

Any questions - let me know! :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You should have gotten your stuff already unless you planned your trip less than 45 days ago. I would call Disney. We got our things at about 30 days out at least.

Thanks. I didn't book recently. We booked in December...I am going to call.

We got home late last night. We spent 8 days at POR

Sat - Got upgraded from Garden View to River View right in front of bridge, wonderful location, arrived at 5:15 and we were at Epcot at 6:15. Had made 3 fastpasses, went on two, ate a snack at Sunshine, and then rode Soarin. Went to Character Spot with no wait, and left at closing

Sun - went to HS at rope drop, saw most of the frozen activities, had 3 fast passes and was able to get 2 more, ate at 50's Prime Time, more rides, and then the rain came, we were stuck for 45 minutes, but then were able to ride 2 more times before leaving to get ready for CRT at 9p
Let me say that experience was the best we have ever had anywhere at Disney. We had Napel for our waiter and had a window table where we watched the fireworks, just a wonderful time for all of us, I had saved and paid for this before our trip, I knew my DH would scream at the $$$, but he actually said it was worth it, especially compared to all the other meals. We went on rides until 1:30am. Saw all princesses, except Anna and Elsa, because we had a fast pass for later in the week. A very productive day, we were not expecting. The lines were almost nil. Parks were so empty I couldn't believe it.
Let me say fast pass worked perfectly for us. Bands worked perfectly.

Mon - Epcot, ate a Via Napolli, yum is all I can say
Tues - MK, BK at CP Lunch at BOG
Wed - MK Lunch at CP
Thurs - HS Dinner at Shulas
Fri - AK Lunch Tusker House, Dinner 1900 Park Fare, both great meals and character interaction
Sat - TL and Dinner at Boma

Anyway, we continued this way all week, and had amazing tables at every place we went.

Shula's was outstanding. The food was so good, we may have to find another one somewhere closer to us and visit again in the future.

Our top TS's were, CRT Dinner, Shula's Dinner, CP Breakfast and Tusker Lunch.

The two that we probably would not go back to were Ragland Rd and Boma, which is so surprising. I thought they would be the best.
Ragland, we had an amazing table right in front of band, but it was so loud, our server was horrible and we waited one hour to eat after we were seated. The food itself was good, we all had the Salmon and it was huge and way too much food. Downtown disney was a total ZOO, with all the construction and I would never go back until it was completed.. BOMA, was our last buffet of our trip, and we had 2 buffet's the day before and I think we were on food overload, but the flavors were not to our liking. I found a lot for myself, but my husband was not overwhelmed, and my daughters just thought it was ok, it is an amazing place though.

Our last day was so restful, we went to Typhoon Lagoon, and the girls went on everything and my DH and myself found nice chairs in the shade and shared a tuna sandwich which was delicious. After early morning and late nights every day, it was a nice change of pace and the weather was beautiful

I am going to miss the many hours I have been on here planning my trip and all the help and advice, but I am planning to spend the next 4 weeks getting my daughter ready to return to college. She will be a junior and is moving into a campus apartment, so different things are needed this go round.

I will check in on all of our group to get updated on all your adventures, I love hearing about everyone's vacation.

Final words, it was a great trip.

TIP for the DAY, Don't wear sandals every day. The "Disney rash" is alive and well from the pavement in the parks, we got it on the 3rd day and it is just now fading. Just above the ankles and is not very pleasant, I have a hard time wearing tennis shoes, but wish I had and spared myself the agony.

So amazing to hear all the wonderful reports from those returning!!!! Glad you had such incredible times!

I always get the Disney rash, too!! I started putting higher SPF sunscreen on my lower legs and ankles, and I now take Cortisone cream on every trip! I live in flip flops while we're there and I hate wearing tennis shoes and getting a farmers tan! Haha!

Momof2singers - we probably passed along the way! :-)

We enjoyed BOG at lunch, too! Also had a nice dinner at Tutto Gusto and Monsouir Paul.

DD and I, however, only wear flip flops. Lol. We change between pairs, but never wear sneakers. :-)

(And I had to buy a pair of shorts after Kali Rapids because I couldn't continue being that soaked! LOLOLOL)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter