SR- New Scavenger Hunt!

I posted this before, but I was stumped with every clue-I needed help with every clue.

Just one question Tricia-did you consider Arieal, Pochahontas (sp?) princesses. I know WDW will say Princesses Meet and Greet and some people are surprised to see some characters there that they don't consider a princess. So on that clue, I was only able to subtract one more song and others were saying they subtracted 4 more songs.

I posted this before, but I was stumped with every clue-I needed help with every clue.

Just one question Tricia-did you consider Arieal, Pocahontas (sp?) princesses. I know WDW will say Princesses Meet and Greet and some people are surprised to see some characters there that they don't consider a princess. So on that clue, I was only able to subtract one more song and others were saying they subtracted 4 more songs.

Disney does consider Arial and Pocahontas to be princesses. There are actually 8 princesses in their official grouping, including Mulan as well as the usual suspects.

The one who is considered to be a princess that surprises me every time is Pocahontas.

The one person who is never considered to be a princess that people seem to lump in there a lot is Tinkerbell.

I read a story once about how Disney came up with which characters would be a part of the Princess grouping. I also heard that they are adding a new princess soon.

I'm impressed. You PM me your sunshine email address and you are getting a bonus!

Nice memory on the Into the Woods! Your dates are spot on. The clue was definitely about the age range. I think I did the dance when I was about 5, which would have been 1980. The Mickey Mouse Disco album that Chim Chim Cheree came off of came out in the late 70s. It's an awesome album that I would love to get my hands on.

I may have to hire missymouse to design the next Scavenger Hunt. LOL!!

That was exactly what I was thinking... the song had to be one that was around when Tricia was younger, and guessing her age to be around 31 from the picture and ages of the kids and a song with no princesses had to be Second Star to the Right and Chim Chim Cheree. I remember Chim Chim Cheree very well from my own childhood -- Mary Poppins was a favorite -- and after searching the 'net for a free "listen" to the other song it didn't sound like a very good one for twirling. So there you go! I was a little concerned, though, when the next clue was about a ride and I didn't know if that song was on any rides but knew Second Star would probably be in Peter Pan's Flight. But we did see Mary Poppins on the carousel this year so maybe... LOL. It was a LOT of fun!!!

Just one question Tricia-did you consider Arieal, Pochahontas (sp?) princesses. I know WDW will say Princesses Meet and Greet and some people are surprised to see some characters there that they don't consider a princess. So on that clue, I was only able to subtract one more song and others were saying they subtracted 4 more songs.

They always stump me when they have Mary Poppins at the Princess breakfast too... which is another reason I almost didn't pick Chim Chim Cheree. But if you to to Disney's princess site there are pics of princesses including Pocohontas (but not Mary!).

I ruled out songs from Peter Pan based on the princess clue becasue it does have Princess Tiger Lilly in the movie! I did guess right on the Mary Poppins tune. I wore that record out when I was little.

Tricia we are about the same age and I played that album over and over also...sister and I made dance routines up etc... what did happen to that album...probably so many scratches mom thru it away!!!

The Mickey Mouse Disco album that Chim Chim Cheree came off of came out in the late 70s. It's an awesome album that I would love to get my hands on.

This one?

mmdisco.jpg

OMGosh!!! That's hilarious!!! I had THE VERY SAME record too!!! We used to set up our record player right next to my bedroom window and open the window during the summertime. Then we'd go outside and dance to all the music!!

I missed this one as I took as wild stab not having the SM clue. However, what a fun trip down memory lane! Thanks Tricia!! I love sunshine rewards!:thumbsup2

I just googled "Mickey Mouse Disco" - You can buy the CD on Amazon for $19.95 - there is only one available. ebay has a couple of LP's up. And you can download the songs from iTunes. There are 9 songs on iTunes - so $8.91 to download the album. HTH :goodvibes

AHHHH!!!! I just downloaded all of the songs off of iTunes. It's incredible! I bet I haven't heard these songs in almost 20 years. But I still remember almost every word. We're playing them for the girls right now. They are a little confused about the disco versions. LOL! I may still get the album to have it. But I love the instant gratification of iTunes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter