SR- New Scavenger Hunt!

:goodvibes With the help of some very nice people I have finally figured it out. How lame can I be. I guessed wrong.

i am in so much trouble on this one, i might as well just guess....clue # 2 has me debating one of the songs. i've never been to wdw yet, so #3 is no good to me, and i still haven't found #4. i have 6 left on my list. i'm going to keep searching for #4. jeepers, is the nickel really worth this stress? hehe...yeah :)

Oh my gosh... I can't believe I guessed right!!! The supermember clue helped as I put deductive reasoning into play, so THANKS for that extra hint, Tricia! I guessed after the 2nd clue, which was good since the 3rd didn't help me at all (haven't been to WDW enough... YET).

This was a fun contest!! Does anyone remember what the credits were/are? I can't remember or access it anymore.

Thank you!!!!

Izzysmom - think about "The Great Movie Ride"

Yeah!! I got it then!! I guessed after the 3rd clue and I immediately thought of that ride when we were told not to go with the obvious!!!

Yeah!!! I guessed it right too and to think that I had initially put it in the not column based on the first clue by accident.

The Super Member clue did help because that gave me the time frame I needed to be looking at. The funny thing is that I made up a skating routine to this song with a friend of mine when I was young.

You might hear this song on Cinderella's Golden Carousel, don't know if it is also on the Great Movie Ride or not.

I started to guess after the second guess and now I really wish I had...I had no reason to though and I am just not that daring! *sigh* Oh well. At least now I'm pretty sure I got it right and I'm in the contest.

My 9 year old DD had to figure it out for me! :rotfl:

I couldn't remember what songs were with what rides!

I just posted the credits and the winners. Feel free to discuss!! And I'm not sure if the winner is a DISer or not. It's a name that I am not familiar with (unlike some of you!!)

I didn't guess it right, but a BIG CONGRATS for those that did!:goodvibes

I totally read something into the supermember clue that wasn't correct, lol!
When Tricia wrote, "You'll have to know just a LITTLE bit about me for the clue to be helpful", I picked "It's a small world" since the word LITTLE was in caps (Little = Small). I thought it might have been a hidden clue to the clue.:lmao: :lmao:

How did everyone else do?

When I saw LITTLE I thought "The LITTLE Mermaid", so I picked Under the Sea after the 1st clue lol. Oh well! :)

How could it not be Small World? I mean really, you never, ever, ever hear that song on the ride!

Thanks for a great contest, Tricia. And yay for someone in my state winning!

Got it right! :cool1: Not the BIG winner, but $.05 is $.05.

I also guessed "It's a small world". I also read into the Suoer member clue and chose this song because of the word "small". I guessed before the 3rd clue. Oh well!! Hope there will be another scavenger hunt soon. Love them!!

I waited until the last clue because I wasn't sure but at least I got 5 cents!

Ok this is how I figured out Chim Chim Cheree. The first clue eliminated 3 songs.

Then the Super Member clue said if you know a LITTLE about Tricia and that her mom choreographed a twirling routine to this song when Tricia was in elementary school. That her and her sister listened to the album alot and it was appropriate to it's time but might be embarassing now.

So knowing that she had to be roughly 11 or younger when the song came out I was able to eliminate anything that came out after 1992 because I was pretty sure she was over 25 years of age now. I also know that she sang On the Steps of the Palace when she was in High School in the play Into the Woods. That came out in 1984 so that was the earliest she could have sung that song. If you take 1984- 15 the average age of a HS Freshman I came up with songs that came out between 1969 and 1975 as the time frame I needed to look at. That left me with Someday my Prince will Come, Second Star to the Right, Small World, and Chim Chim Cheree. Of those three the only one that seemed reasonable to twirl to was Chim Chim Cheree so I took my guess. It also happened to be a song I did a roller skating routine to when I was in 6th grade or so. So I took a wild guess that Tricia was between 30-45 years old.

Then when she said no princesses I was 99% sure I had it.

So Tricia does all that deductive reasoning earn me any bonus points????

Ok this is how I figured out Chim Chim Cheree. The first clue eliminated 3 songs.

Then the Super Member clue said if you know a LITTLE about Tricia and that her mom choreographed a twirling routine to this song when Tricia was in elementary school. That her and her sister listened to the album alot and it was appropriate to it's time but might be embarassing now.

So knowing that she had to be roughly 11 or younger when the song came out I was able to eliminate anything that came out after 1992 because I was pretty sure she was over 25 years of age now. I also know that she sang On the Steps of the Palace when she was in High School in the play Into the Woods. That came out in 1984 so that was the earliest she could have sung that song. If you take 1984- 15 the average age of a HS Freshman I came up with songs that came out between 1969 and 1975 as the time frame I needed to look at. That left me with Someday my Prince will Come, Second Star to the Right, Small World, and Chim Chim Cheree. Of those three the only one that seemed reasonable to twirl to was Chim Chim Cheree so I took my guess. It also happened to be a song I did a roller skating routine to when I was in 6th grade or so. So I took a wild guess that Tricia was between 30-45 years old.

Holy Crap! I am gonna make note of this and make sure to PM you immediately on the next contest!

I'm impressed. You PM me your sunshine email address and you are getting a bonus!

Nice memory on the Into the Woods! Your dates are spot on. The clue was definitely about the age range. I think I did the dance when I was about 5, which would have been 1980. The Mickey Mouse Disco album that Chim Chim Cheree came off of came out in the late 70s. It's an awesome album that I would love to get my hands on.

I may have to hire missymouse to design the next Scavenger Hunt. LOL!!

:) Glad you liked my deductive reasoning. You are just a bit younger than I am which is what I had figured. I remember Chim Chim Cheree from the original Mary Poppins soundtrack which I played to death. I was probably skating to it in 1971 when I was 10 years old.

Sent you a PM with my SR e-mail address. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter