So it looks like Be Our Guest is becoming Prix Fixe Meal and 2TS credits...thoughts?

I have to say that I get really tired of seeing chicken tenders on the menu on the quick service menus.

I have to order from the allergy menu. Sometimes I have two choices. One of them is always chicken tenders. Ugh.

My son, when he was young, would have jumped at the chance to try octopus. He loved sea food and wanted to eat it all. He would have also enjoyed the meat and cheese. Serve that with some bread and he would have been a happy camper. Now, I think snails would be the only thing he wouldn't want to try, now.
YES!!!! Our biggest issue when looking for a QS to eat is to find something for my son. Too many offer only Chicken Tenders or Uncrustables. My son is 2 and has never had cake, candy etc (he thinks Berries are dessert) and loves salmon, broccoli etc. I realized that may change one day, but my goal has always been to keep him from being exposed to the "kid" foods for as long as possible.

For those that have a problem with the new menu what are you looking for?

I mean, other than leaving it the same?
For me, it seems that they have beef, chicken, pork and seafood. They kept the "famous" onion soup, but added some others to try.

The kids menu hasn't come out yet, so at this point, there can't be anything wrong with it.
Aside from the octopus, nothing seems very “exotic” (even octopus isn’t out there, but I get that it might be for a lot of people).

I’d like to have the option to add on a salad, since I’m sure I’d get the French onion soup as an app (first off bc I’d like soup and salad, but also because we have a couple young kids (under age 3) who we don’t usually order separate meals for, and instead they eat off our plates).

I get why they’d go with a prix fixe menu (to prevent people from ordering minimal food just to see the restaurant), but it just doesn’t work for a lot of people (ex: diabetics). At least at AYCTE restaurants, someone who can’t eat dessert, for example, can fill up on (and “get their money’s worth” with) other things. It’s not as if BOG will bring someone more appetizer or entree if they can’t eat the dessert. It’d be nice if they had the prix fixe in addition to a la carte menu items.

Aside from the octopus, nothing seems very “exotic” (even octopus isn’t out there, but I get that it might be for a lot of people).

I’d like to have the option to add on a salad, since I’m sure I’d get the French onion soup as an app (first off bc I’d like soup and salad, but also because we have a couple young kids (under age 3) who we don’t usually order separate meals for, and instead they eat off our plates).

I get why they’d go with a prix fixe menu (to prevent people from ordering minimal food just to see the restaurant), but it just doesn’t work for a lot of people (ex: diabetics). At least at AYCTE restaurants, someone who can’t eat dessert, for example, can fill up on (and “get their money’s worth” with) other things. It’s not as if BOG will bring someone more appetizer or entree if they can’t eat the dessert. It’d be nice if they had the prix fixe in addition to a la carte menu items.

No but they might allow you to substitute a salad instead of dessert. Or a nice refreshing fresh fruit dessert. My understanding is that Disney in general is very accommodating for those with allergies and eating disorders.

YES!!!! Our biggest issue when looking for a QS to eat is to find something for my son. Too many offer only Chicken Tenders or Uncrustables. My son is 2 and has never had cake, candy etc (he thinks Berries are dessert) and loves salmon, broccoli etc. I realized that may change one day, but my goal has always been to keep him from being exposed to the "kid" foods for as long as possible.
I started this with my oldest son and boy was he surprised when he entered elementary school and found out eating chocolate and drinking sodas regularly was "normal". The family still giggles about his reaction at almost every family get together. On the bright side, 40 years later, the eating philosophy stuck and his children rarely eat processed foods or eat much in the way of refined sugar either:).

It’s not as if BOG will bring someone more appetizer or entree if they can’t eat the dessert.
I wouldn't count that out. On our last visit I commented on how good the meat tray appetizer was at CRT and without asking for it, the server brought me another one.

I totally ate chicken tenders everywhere they were offered when I was a kid, but they weren't the only thing I'd eat. If they weren't on the menu I could always find something else I'd eat (and my parents weren't about to let my pickiness dictate where we ate all the time).

Since they're going for French food, can I get some aligot?

DROOOOOOL. :thumbsup2

I think it would be great if they did turn it into all TS. But for breakfast and lunch 1 credit and a more broad menu along with the Beast meet and photo. That would stop all the ADR cupcake meals which would open it up for more families to have a meal in the castle.
Our family doesn't have cupcakes for breakfast or lunch, & it's none of my concern if others do so.

One more thing, I hope that they do offer more than one vegetarian option for appetizer and entree even if that means you have to speak with the chef. My DD is not a big fan of french onion soup and she can't eat the other options.
And French onion soup is not a vegetarian dish since the base is made from beef.

Traditionally it is made with beef stock, but it is vegetarian at BOG.
The black eyed pea tortellini sounds intriguing to me and even though I'm not a vegetarian or vegan I'd give it a whirl.
I'm going to hazard a guess that the ratatouille will make it's way back onto the new menu.

No but they might allow you to substitute a salad instead of dessert. Or a nice refreshing fresh fruit dessert. My understanding is that Disney in general is very accommodating for those with allergies and eating disorders.
Yes they are.

In fact, they regularly have to sub things for me. They act like it isn't a big deal at all.

I am excited and hope the kids menu is more like the adult menu. I often I have to pay for my kids to eat if the adult menu, because they don’t eat the typical kids food. My 3 kids will love the adult menu.

At Outback and order my 2 year old the kids hamburger and broccoli. He was happily eating away until my steak came to the table. The pushed his plate away and went after my plate saying “meat meat”. To be honest my steaks was better then his kids burger.

I am excited and hope the kids menu is more like the adult menu. I often I have to pay for my kids to eat if the adult menu, because they don’t eat the typical kids food. My 3 kids will love the adult menu.

At Outback and order my 2 year old the kids hamburger and broccoli. He was happily eating away until my steak came to the table. The pushed his plate away and went after my plate saying “meat meat”. To be honest my steaks was better then his kids burger.
From a Sociological perspective, this is a great age to have your children try new food. They're hard wired at this stage to want what others have.

I started this with my oldest son and boy was he surprised when he entered elementary school and found out eating chocolate and drinking sodas regularly was "normal". The family still giggles about his reaction at almost every family get together. On the bright side, 40 years later, the eating philosophy stuck and his children rarely eat processed foods or eat much in the way of refined sugar either:).
Well, hopefully. DH didn’t get “sweets” as a kid, but when he got old enough to buy them on his own, he went nuts. He’ll still finish a family sized bag of candy in one sitting. (Whereas I grew up with very few limits on sugary things and couldn’t care less about candy as an adult.)

I wouldn't count that out. On our last visit I commented on how good the meat tray appetizer was at CRT and without asking for it, the server brought me another one.
Maybe we had a bad server, but we got zero refills on anything at CRT. (Didn’t see anyone around us getting them, either.)

Maybe we had a bad server, but we got zero refills on anything at CRT. (Didn’t see anyone around us getting them, either.)
I would have spoke up. If we are eating out and it's a longer than normal wait for anything, I won't hesitate to stop another server and ask for whatever I need. Our server or a manager usually shows up pretty quick. I understand servers get overwhelmed and I don't hold it against them. Unless they dump a drink on me, I tip well no matter how good or bad the service is as long as they are trying.

I would have spoke up. If we are eating out and it's a longer than normal wait for anything, I won't hesitate to stop another server and ask for whatever I need. Our server or a manager usually shows up pretty quick. I understand servers get overwhelmed and I don't hold it against them. Unless they dump a drink on me, I tip well no matter how good or bad the service is as long as they are trying.

Other servers have their own sections to worry about so I wouldn’t ask them anything. That in itself would be rude on my part because I realize that. Servers go by certain tables and asking other ones not assigned to your section to get you something takes them off their game and in essence affects other people. I’d find my own and make the request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter