So it looks like Be Our Guest is becoming Prix Fixe Meal and 2TS credits...thoughts?

Interesting 2 Credit dilema, helping a coworker plan a first visit in April (so missed the BoG change) 2 adults a a 3yo.

Entire trip was a gift from Grandma, Lucky Ducks.

Arriving late evening and departing in the AM leaves them with 5 TS and only 4 nights to use them.

Wonder how often this happens.

So they could do 2 TS on one day (might even) but kinda want one upscale. Castle is high interest but never get in.

Thinking C Grill, Yachtsman, Boat House, BoG would have been high on that list for 2 Credits. Struggling. :badpc:
Esp for a first visit, CG would be pretty special. And easy to get to from MK

Breakfast on check out day? Not a "great use" of the credit but it's not like they paid for it themselves either.

Worth thinking thanks, but that would also be their last (5th) Counter Service.

It's late Sun night, dinner at the airport b4 they leave.

So M,T,W,T,F counter, and 5 TS for M,T,W,T.

Worth thinking thanks, but that would also be their last (5th) Counter Service.

It's late Sun night, dinner at the airport b4 they leave.

So M,T,W,T,F counter, and 5 TS for M,T,W,T.

Oh yeah if leaving at night that would make more sense. We tend to stay out late the last night and get a TS breakfast or lunch at a resort the next day before leaving.

Oh yeah if leaving at night that would make more sense. We tend to stay out late the last night and get a TS breakfast or lunch at a resort the next day before leaving.

Love that idea, I tried to convince them to both arrive earlier on Sunday, and/or leave later friday, just an airfare cost issue I guess.

Interesting 2 Credit dilema, helping a coworker plan a first visit in April (so missed the BoG change) 2 adults a a 3yo.

Entire trip was a gift from Grandma, Lucky Ducks.

Arriving late evening and departing in the AM leaves them with 5 TS and only 4 nights to use them.

Wonder how often this happens.

So they could do 2 TS on one day (might even) but kinda want one upscale. Castle is high interest but never get in.

Thinking C Grill, Yachtsman, Boat House, BoG would have been high on that list for 2 Credits. Struggling. :badpc:

What about a character breakfast or lunch? TS isn't only for dinner. Or the Parade Package at Tony's Tony Square? We did this in December and the reserved seating was nice. It was also a nice break in Magic Kingdom during the day. We really weren't hungry, but ate a little, took our desserts with us, and each had a drink (before it was included). TTS is one of the few places in MK that serves alcohol.

Last edited:
Got our reservations for last week of July! Can’t wait to try this!!

EDIT: Actually, I just found out from my wife that we have reservations for opening day! She is the best!

Last edited:

What about a character breakfast or lunch? TS isn't only for dinner. Or the Parade Package at Tony's Tony Square? We did this in December and the reserved seating was nice. It was also a nice break in Magic Kingdom during the day. We really weren't hungry, but ate a little, took our desserts with us, and each had a drink (before it was included). TTS is one of the few places in MK that serves alcohol.

Yep that's a good idea, they are contemplating that as well. Like maybe Crystal Palace breakfast, then France for dinner.

Trouble is they still forfeit one Counter Service. Which they could use for a breakfast anyway.

Will check into TTS thanks.

Isn’t a TS credit worth around $35? So using a $70 credit on a $55 meal doesn’t seem logical....

Different people figure it differently. Right now, the DDP is about $75 for an adult. If you look at snacks at being roughly $5 each, and a QS credit at $20, that leaves $45 for the TS, which is obviously even more poor of a value from a DDP standpoint. (It's hard to really factor in the daily "value" of the refillable mug since that's dependent on how long someone's stay is and how often they'll even use it).

Different people figure it differently. Right now, the DDP is about $75 for an adult. If you look at snacks at being roughly $5 each, and a QS credit at $20, that leaves $45 for the TS, which is obviously even more poor of a value from a DDP standpoint. (It's hard to really factor in the daily "value" of the refillable mug since that's dependent on how long someone's stay is and how often they'll even use it).

I didn’t realize how much the price of the ddp went up! So $90 for a $55 meal....

If you really want to eat here for dinner, I wonder if this will dissuade people from getting the ddp

Friends don't let friends use a $90 credit on a $55 meal........

Last edited:
I am seriously upset. I love BOG, I love Beauty and the Beast. I think they needed to rehaul the menu for sure. I do NOT think they needed to go the signature route. They should have stuck to the classic french homecooked meal feel. It's supposed to feel a bit upscale being that it's in a castle...I get it. But I think they missed the mark on this change. Why do all the meals have to be so over the top and exotic? There are PLENTY of options like those throughout WDW. Akershus is an exotic menu, CRT is a signature exotic menu.... why can't there be a princess meal that doesn't serve obscure foods and have to feel so over the top fancy?

I sincerely hope they add Belle to accompany Beast, and that their menu offerings include more options that are less exotic. There is a ton of untapped potential in BOG, but I think the direction they're taking it is totally wrong.

I am seriously upset. I love BOG, I love Beauty and the Beast. I think they needed to rehaul the menu for sure. I do NOT think they needed to go the signature route. They should have stuck to the classic french homecooked meal feel. It's supposed to feel a bit upscale being that it's in a castle...I get it. But I think they missed the mark on this change. Why do all the meals have to be so over the top and exotic? There are PLENTY of options like those throughout WDW. Akershus is an exotic menu, CRT is a signature exotic menu.... why can't there be a princess meal that doesn't serve obscure foods and have to feel so over the top fancy?

I sincerely hope they add Belle to accompany Beast, and that their menu offerings include more options that are less exotic. There is a ton of untapped potential in BOG, but I think the direction they're taking it is totally wrong.

Neither of those two are exotic menus IMO. Especially not CRT. I’ve onky done akershus breakfast and it definitely NOT exotic. Neither was CRT lunch.

Just booked a trip for the end of July. So happy that we’ll be there before the change. It might turn out to be great, but I don’t want to be one of the first

I don’t see them adding belle. I think they want less people in there at a time. Adding belle will just add to that.

I also like the idea of him being around there by himself.

Just booked a trip for the end of July. So happy that we’ll be there before the change. It might turn out to be great, but I don’t want to be one of the first

It starts July 27 so hopefully your there before that. Maybe you should try the new one.

Few thoughts.

The only way this place remotely feels signature is the main dining hall. If I was seated in the other 2 rooms, it would feel cheap ( although the room with the rose is cool, its not high class )

Second the food has been OK but never amazing. They need to fix that. Thats the main part

I see the whole thing as a cafeteria. We've gone for breakfast and lunch a number of times. Dinner only once. At dinner the food and service were just OK, the Grand Ballroom imo felt like big cafeteria with the noise level and tables rather close. The Dinner experience is not for us, I'd rather spend a little more at California Grill or Narcoossee's and have a better dining experience. I do understand people want to see the Beast and you are paying the premium price for that. Besides that, I'm not sure I would put this up as a must do for dinner.

One thing that intrigues me is, since it is the size of a very large catering hall I see it as a challenge to put high quality food out. Lots of assembly line food production in the back. I also understand the reasoning for Pre-Fixe but at 8:30 in the evening after being in the park all day I can understand why people might want to order app's or split a meal. Not saying there is a solution, just an observation. For those just ordering cupcakes and water, thats a different issue.

Neither of those two are exotic menus IMO. Especially not CRT. I’ve onky done akershus breakfast and it definitely NOT exotic. Neither was CRT lunch.

For me, the exotic aspect comes into play when I can't read the menu and actually know what I'm ordering. Yeah, you can get the gist of whether it's chicken, beef, pork, seafood, vegetarian, etc, but the descriptions seem so fancy. For instance, what the heck is citrus gremolata, braised rapini, madeira-mushroom sauce, veloute sauce, beer and berry demi-glace, cassis-braised cabbage, or terrine? ***For the record, I'm not asking any of you to define these for me, but they are directly from CRT's and Akershus' menus and I'm sure many people have no idea what they are. I'm sure there are many people that have no problem ordering something without having a clue what it is, but there are plenty of others that like to have an idea of the ingredients or flavors for the meal they are spending a great deal of money on so they can have an idea if it's something they would like/ has ingredients they don't like, etc.

For me, the exotic aspect comes into play when I can't read the menu and actually know what I'm ordering. Yeah, you can get the gist of whether it's chicken, beef, pork, seafood, vegetarian, etc, but the descriptions seem so fancy. For instance, what the heck is citrus gremolata, braised rapini, madeira-mushroom sauce, veloute sauce, beer and berry demi-glace, cassis-braised cabbage, or terrine? ***For the record, I'm not asking any of you to define these for me, but they are directly from CRT's and Akershus' menus and I'm sure many people have no idea what they are. I'm sure there are many people that have no problem ordering something without having a clue what it is, but there are plenty of others that like to have an idea of the ingredients or flavors for the meal they are spending a great deal of money on so they can have an idea if it's something they would like/ has ingredients they don't like, etc.
I won't define any of the terms as requested but I'm sort of confused why Akershus is included in the exotic category by some. It's in the Norway Pavilion after all and basically most of the Pavilions is where we get to step out of our comfort zone to a degree. When making ADRs at Epcot I view it as a great opportunity to have a "hidden" lesson with children about how people in other countries eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter