So it looks like Be Our Guest is becoming Prix Fixe Meal and 2TS credits...thoughts?

NOT HAPPY AT ALL. This will no longer be a family restaurant. The menu will not be appealing to many. And I don't feel this very iconic place, based on a movie loved so much should change to a menu that is less desirable to the ones that want to be here the most. My daughter and I are going at Christmas for the first time, and this was something she was looking forward to. We are so disappointed.

I understand how you feel but people have breakfast and lunch for them to go and experience the inside. I believe the dinner aspect should be for the people who actually want to eat dinner and not just come for dessert and some drinks. I don't see how this change would have a huge effect on not looking forward to it? Its the same restaurant, with most likely better food for everyone. It will always be a family restaurant based on the fact of where its located. It will most likely just now be known as the same as cinderella royal table

In the end it can be slightly more expensive, but I believe this restaurant should be an experience for dinner. Either way, lets see how the full menu is, with pricing etc etc.

Things could be change. I'll wait and see, but ill still end up going

That's just me though

I just sincerely hope the food is good and not like the blah food at CRT.

DD12 and I had planned on doing lunch at BOG for a QS. IF the place gets great reviews for dinner I may change it to dinner. And I'm talking if it gets Tiffin's type reviews. Since I pay OOP, getting delicious food for the prices I'm paying is important to me. I'm not trying to use up credits or go somewhere that's a good value on the DDP even if the food is just eh. Been there done that when the kids were little. Doing tons of character meals and eating mediocre food since "it didn't matter. We are using credits!"

For a restaurant that people compare to a cafeteria I just think it's laughable.

I don't agree that it looks like a cafeteria. It can get loud, but many restaurants are loud and none are compared to a cafeteria.

I think the menu looks good, and I totally understand why they are doing it. HOWEVER - the interior of the restaurant in NO WAY screams "signature" or "fancy". It screams "cafeteria decorated for Prom".

I'm not hung-up on the "signature" branding. Sure, it doesn't have the same vibe as Cali Grill or Artist Point, but I think that is fine.

By the standard of "signature" dining *in the parks* BoG is fine.

Now, it has been totally obvious to many the BoG needed to do something about availability. Making it impossible to book a table at 180 days out isn't going to help WDW inspire good will among its patrons. Making it 2 table service points is fine and probably the best thing to do, for now.

As for the menu, I'm not sure it appeals to me, but it doesn't look like it is set in stone yet, if it ever does become so. Menus, especially at the "signature" places, change from time to time, so if I don't care for this menu maybe it will change 6 months down the road.

Of the menu items announced so far the apps are:

French Onion Soup
Charred Octopus with citrus-laced fingerling potatoes, pickled hearts of palm and red pepper coulis
Escargot with herb garlic butter and toasted gremolata
a selection of assorted meats and artisanal cheeses such as chicken liver pâté, chorizo sausage Manchego, and truffle tremor

I'm pretty sure the 3 kids I'll be traveling with this summer (ages 17,12.5, 9) would eat at least 3 of the items listed.

For entrees:

Grilled Center-Cut Filet Mignon with potato au gratin, Romano beans, Cipollini marmalade and a cherry-laced red wine reduction
Smoked Black-Eye Pea Tortellini with roasted seasonal vegetables, tomato relish and basil-scented tomato water (bet the vegetarians will be happy!)
Poulet Rouge Chicken (sounds like roasted chicken with Poulet Rouge being the variety of bird)
Saffron-Infused Seafood Bouillabaisse
Roasted Lamb Chops
Kurobuta Pork Tenderloins

I anticipate no problems with those choices from the younger ones on my end.

Exactly! I see nothing "out there" or "not-kid friendly" (whatever that means....). The only thing on the whole menu that my kids would not eat - the onion soup. And, they still might, if there was not a lot of cheese on it..

If the food is actually as described, I might go. It's always looked like a cafeteria food before and this looks like a step in the right direction.

#notjustfamiliesvisitmk

Exactly! I see nothing "out there" or "not-kid friendly" (whatever that means....). The only thing on the whole menu that my kids would not eat - the onion soup. And, they still might, if there was not a lot of cheese on it..
I thought I was all alone with an American child who won't eat cheese (unless it's on pizza of course;)). Thank goodness she doesn't suffer from the food touching phobia anymore so I could always deconstruct the soup and leave the "offending" cheese topped bread on the side, LOL.

A whole octopus tentacle is kid friendly? Chicken liver pate? Escargot? My kids will eat Escargot because they were raised with it, but I’m sure many people won’t eat it. And you’re forced into paying for an appetizer that many won’t eat.
I did get the ever picky DGD to taste the charred octopus at FF....told her it was calamari all grown up, LOL. Doubt she's ready for an appetizer of it but in time, in time. Pate is just chopped liver so I know she'll eat that too. She wont touch the escargots or eat the lamb since one is "slimy" and the other is "cute".

Kid friendly foods are what you (as parents) allow in your kids lives. If you only feed your kids from the basic kind friendly food group (pizza, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, hot dogs) then you will have a problem when on vacation or going out to eat. That's too much restriction for me so I always "forced" my kids to eat different foods and rarely bought those things at home. Growing up, my cousin (about 7 years younger than me) pretty much only ate chicken nuggets EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Vacations with him were not fun. We would have to eat at the same places over and over and over again because he only ate 1-2 things. Or stop at certain places, let him eat and then go eat somewhere else for the rest of the family. Once I turned 16, and after a trip to Puerto Rico where we had to stop for separate meals for him 3 times a day, I refused to ever vacation with him again. There was no such thing as kid friendly foods for me growing up. We were introduced to tons of foods. Chicken nuggets and pizza were a treat in our house. Not something we ate everyday.

A whole octopus tentacle is kid friendly? Chicken liver pate? Escargot? My kids will eat Escargot because they were raised with it, but I’m sure many people won’t eat it. And you’re forced into paying for an appetizer that many won’t eat.

I see nothing "not-child friendly" in any of those. A kid will only balk at them if their parent balks at them. Please don't give me another menu of fried pickles and bruschetta for appetizers. Variety is a good thing, and it exposes people to things they wouldn't normally have and might just fall in love with. Like my youngest, who loves Escargot thanks to Epcot. Not readily available in the frozen tundra.

A kids menu is only for ages up to 10, but my 13-year-old and older children are still kids, but cannot eat off the kids menu.

They sure can, more than likely. You would just be paying $55 for that mac n cheese. Kids food in an adult portion at super-adult prices.

I thought I was all alone with an American child who won't eat cheese (unless it's on pizza of course;)). Thank goodness she doesn't suffer from the food touching phobia anymore so I could always deconstruct the soup and leave the "offending" cheese topped bread on the side, LOL.

Oh, my kids like cheese. They just cannot handle melty cheese. Like, they vomit cuz of their gag reflexes. Same with bacon that isn't crisp, or the stringy onions in onion rings. One time giving a Heimlich to the oldest in the middle of a TGIFriday's...no more willy-nilly hot, mozzarella sticks for that one. He eats them cold, now. Ha ha!! It's ok - more fantastic, melty, salty cheese for mom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter