Sister Ship Changes

Lesverts

DIS Veteran
I am hoping some longer time DCL people can answer this.

How different were the Magic and Wonder, and the Dream and Fantasy when they first launched?

Trying to gage how likely it is that there is going to be marginal improvements to the Treasure/Destiny over the Wish. This is an industry standard (Royal has evolved the Oasis and Anthem class ships as time went on, and Celebrity did the same with the Solstice and Edge classes) to fine tune design between ships even in the same class. Generally the bones are the same, how the space is filled out can be different.

I am hoping some longer time DCL people can answer this.

How different were the Magic and Wonder, and the Dream and Fantasy when they first launched?

Trying to gage how likely it is that there is going to be marginal improvements to the Treasure/Destiny over the Wish. This is an industry standard (Royal has evolved the Oasis and Anthem class ships as time went on, and Celebrity did the same with the Solstice and Edge classes) to fine tune design between ships even in the same class. Generally the bones are the same, how the space is filled out can be different.

I can't speak to the Magic/Wonder pair but after Dream launched they realized the Quiet Cove pool area was inadequate for the # of adults on the ship. Fortunately there was unused space on the upper deck where they added Satellite Falls. I spoke to one of the captains about the possibility of something along those lines happening for the Triton class and he said there isn't an empty space they can do anything with, so I wouldn't expect any significant changes besides theming.

The biggest thing they changed from the Dream to the Fantasy was adding Satellite Falls to the Fantasy as extra adult only area space following feedback from guests.

I just want more drawers in the staterooms 😂

Not terribly different at all. Different names/themes for the restaurants and event spaces. A few changes around the pool area. But it would be easy to overlook that.

We were recently on the Wish and talked to several cast members about what they've heard. Of course that's all hearsay and not official~ (like the bus driver convos at WDW, lol) According to most we spoke with...the Treasure is already done and there aren't no differences other than themes.
There is perhaps a chance to change some things from feedback on the Destiny, but obviously nothing to structural. They all say the biggest complaint is the adult area and lack of shade, seating and pool area. (Definitely)
I think the biggest waste of space on the Wish is in the front of the ship on Deck 6 where there literally is nothing but open deck, and even that closes at dusk.
It would be nice if there were another adult area similar to Satellite Falls.

The only difference I know about was basically the difference in theming (Magic vs Wonder). And one was built in two sections and put together while the other was built as one piece.

Dream had gates that required room key to access Concierge room area, where the Fantasy didn't , but they were taken down.

Last edited:
We sailed last year and made friends with the couple at the next table at dinner. One of the couple worked for DCL. We talked about this extensively one night. He said he expected the Treasure to be almost like the Wish. No major changes to the adult area or the addition of a walking track.

We were dining at palo in May on the fantasy and our server told us that DCL had sent out a team to talk to the cast members in Palo to see what could be improved upon for the treasure. And 2 of our favorite Palo servers were sent to the treasure to get their Palo up and running.

Seems like maybe some small improvements, but no big ones like adult area and walking track.

There is perhaps a chance to change some things from feedback on the Destiny, but obviously nothing to structural. They all say the biggest complaint is the adult area and lack of shade, seating and pool area. (Definitely)
The lack of shade on the whole ship was awful, even in the family pool area. That’s my second big complaint after the lack of drawers.

We found the TV situation in the room on the Wish unfortunate if you are traveling with kids. It didn’t tilt/pivot. Since this is something they CAN change I’m hopeful they would. The sister ships are always very close, and the differences are in theming, restaurants, bars, shows…

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest