Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

The pricing is crazy! One one hand, a few things (very few) are just slightly above WDW prices-fountain drinks are $4.50 generally at WDW, $5 at the Bake Shop; Fudge is $5.50 at Zuri's sweet shop, $6 at the Bake Shop. But then you get to the pies-
$20+ for pie? Is that for the whole pie or just one piece?
I haven’t looked at the WDW location menu, but yes I am sure that is for 1 piece of pie. I think the Carmel store they range from 12-18 for a slice.
I feel like the pick 2 for 20 isn’t bad, don’t know if that is on the menu for FL.

The pricing is crazy! One one hand, a few things (very few) are just slightly above WDW prices-fountain drinks are $4.50 generally at WDW, $5 at the Bake Shop; Fudge is $5.50 at Zuri's sweet shop, $6 at the Bake Shop. But then you get to the pies-
$20+ for pie? Is that for the whole pie or just one piece?
Not sure if you realize it but the business has an established roster of bakery items they sell at Williams-Sonoma. Whole cakes sell for about $100.00.

They do have an afternoon tea but I don’t think it is all the time. I remember one time my adult daughter wanted to do that and realized it was way too pricey and much cheaper to do at Saks fifth ave. cafe at the fashion mall.
2 hours is a lot! 😳 Even CRT is usually less than 90.

Do they have an afternoon tea service?

Not sure if you realize it but the business has an established roster of bakery items they sell at Williams-Sonoma. Whole cakes sell for about $100.00.
My daughter ordered one for a special birthday, it was the millionaire cake. It was expensive and huge but it just tasted like a normal cake in my opinion. I hope she cut it into slices and froze it to eat later on. LOL

Oh another thing I think they do, when you make reservations or walk in they ask if you are getting a meal or just dessert. I thought at one time, because obviously I’m not a regular, if you were only getting dessert it was set for 45 minutes. That could of changed.

I wouldn’t get too excited about the opening until after Hurricane Milton passes over this week. The path right now is directly over WDW. I feel bad for Cake Bake Shop after all this time and being so close to opening, that there is a possibility of a hurricane setting them back.

IMG_1570.jpeg

We had a lemon blueberry cake we ordered online that was delicious. I hope that one is on the menu whenever they are able to open.

It is insulting to guests and Disney should be ashamed, as well as the owner.

For example, the items are cheaper at the other 2 locations. Example:

Lemon Caesar Salade: 18 dollars the other 2 locations

Disney Boardwalk: 26 dollars!

44 percent increase from the other locations. That is what they think of us

Shame.

It is insulting to guests and Disney should be ashamed, as well as the owner.

For example, the items are cheaper at the other 2 locations. Example:

Lemon Caesar Salade: 18 dollars the other 2 locations

Disney Boardwalk: 26 dollars!

44 percent increase from the other locations. That is what they think of us

Shame.
I agree, the CBS is catering to a certain clientele. Gwendolyn has many celebrities in her circle, heck she is kind of one herself.
I personally don’t think it will last and thought this should of been put in the GF hotel.

I agree, the CBS is catering to a certain clientele. Gwendolyn has many celebrities in her circle, heck she is kind of one herself.
I personally don’t think it will last and thought this should of been put in the GF hotel.
I wish Gwen the best with her Disney venture.
We like the appetizer crab cakes and desserts at Shula's. Delicious and much more reasonably priced.
(Even Shula's entree crab cakes are slightly less expensive than the cake place. I was surprised.)

Last edited:
I wouldn’t get too excited about the opening until after Hurricane Milton passes over this week. The path right now is directly over WDW. I feel bad for Cake Bake Shop after all this time and being so close to opening, that there is a possibility of a hurricane setting them back.

View attachment 900923

We had a lemon blueberry cake we ordered online that was delicious. I hope that one is on the menu whenever they are able to open.
I think all the set back was because she is a perfectionist and you can see it in all the details, big or small. I think it is worth it to see what all the hype is one time for most people. My daughter works right by the Carmel location and she would go everyday if she could.
Last time I was there the lemon blueberry was on the menu, one of the many slices we ordered and shared as a group. It was ok/good but for the price it needs to be amazing.

I figured the prices would be insane. I’ve been to the Carmel one and wasn’t impressed. Even if she is using high quality ingredients, it doesn’t impact taste that much. You can make a delicious cake with cheaper ingredients, sandwiches etc.
Now if it was steak and things you can taste quality then maybe. I don’t see this lasting. Prices are too crazy for basic food.

I really tried, but I couldn't find a single thing on the menu worth the price. I could go to an upscale bakery in NYC and get a baguette or croissant for $5 each. Maybe, if it's the single best burger I've ever had, the burger and fried for $32 would be worth it. But I highly doubt it.

I figured the prices would be insane. I’ve been to the Carmel one and wasn’t impressed. Even if she is using high quality ingredients, it doesn’t impact taste that much. You can make a delicious cake with cheaper ingredients, sandwiches etc.
Now if it was steak and things you can taste quality then maybe. I don’t see this lasting. Prices are too crazy for basic food.
I like to go 1 time a year for so so food/dessert, but the theming is what I like. To me it is a magical place where I can escape the real world for a few hours. Hopefully the one in WDW is even more magical. I personally don’t think it will last either, but you never know.

I like to go 1 time a year for so so food/dessert, but the theming is what I like. To me it is a magical place where I can escape the real world for a few hours. Hopefully the one in WDW is even more magical. I personally don’t think it will last either, but you never know.
They may not care at the Disney location if it is a one and done for many people as there will always be new guests in the pipeline. So long as they don’t get negative feedback on the service and the food gets decent reviews other than the price, they may do better than we think. I do think that the GF or even the Four Seasons might have been a better choice for the restaurant at those prices.

I really tried, but I couldn't find a single thing on the menu worth the price. I could go to an upscale bakery in NYC and get a baguette or croissant for $5 each. Maybe, if it's the single best burger I've ever had, the burger and fried for $32 would be worth it. But I highly doubt it.
My husband only gets the burger/fries and the pb pie. He says the burger is just a burger but the pie is very good. I’ve tasted the pb pie and tastes like the one I make at home. He likes the chocolate chip cookies but I think they are bad for 6.00 a piece.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest