DVC prices tanking?

It’s still $1000 round trip for a spring break round trip from Portland….
Hey from East Multnomah Co. 👋 We have been flying mostly Alaska the last few years, sometimes on United. For most dates that I've looked at for 2024 and 2025, it's been about $436 round trip to Orlando on nonstop flights, but I'm not looking at Spring Break. (I'd say about 5 years ago we did the drive up to SeaTac to fly to Orlando and we said never again. It was fine going there, but the flight from MCO to SEA plus the 2.5 hour drive was just too draining to save $200/ticket and pay for parking. On our next trip, in May 2025, I was able to get our flights from PDX to MCO for 12.5K in miles each direction, which I was really happy with so our flights (2 people) was just $22.

This! I don't know why it has taken me so long to realize that I can get a direct AA flight from Chicago to MCO for average 9,000 points. Just had my husband sign up for the Citi AA with a 75,000 bonus! That's 2 round trip tickets for us.

Two of our next trips are paid for with United miles. Requires more points but there are way more opportunities to earn UR points that can be transferred to United.
Yes the 9000 points is more or less what I try to get Jet Blue flights for one way. I try my best with Delta too but I'll go up a little higher with them. American and United are not on my radar at all though but sounds like you know how to accrue points well! Chase had a great bonus a while back for 25% more JetBlue points where I transferred a good portion of my points. This is certainly the way!

Where are you learning about this? I find it difficult to find good info sources for this. Mostly I am just trying to use Chase cards and fly Southwest as much as I can because that seems simple.
I learned SO much from taking the free course at www.10xtravel.com, along with reading www.thepointsguy.com. The course walks you through step by step what to do and has a "cards list" to follow in order when first starting out.

They are very pro-Chase but I also rack up AMEX MRs via some of their cards and www.rakuten.com because I am a Delta snob when flying from LAX, and Chase doesn't transfer out to Delta.

Chase codes DVC as travel, so our recent direct purchase netted us almost 90,000 Chase URs!

Not to hijack, but I agree - this amount of air travel would not be realistic for us without credit card rewards.

Hey from East Multnomah Co. 👋 We have been flying mostly Alaska the last few years, sometimes on United. For most dates that I've looked at for 2024 and 2025, it's been about $436 round trip to Orlando on nonstop flights, but I'm not looking at Spring Break. (I'd say about 5 years ago we did the drive up to SeaTac to fly to Orlando and we said never again. It was fine going there, but the flight from MCO to SEA plus the 2.5 hour drive was just too draining to save $200/ticket and pay for parking. On our next trip, in May 2025, I was able to get our flights from PDX to MCO for 12.5K in miles each direction, which I was really happy with so our flights (2 people) was just $22.
Hello fellow Portlander!

I’m looking from March 22-28…. $950 for the only direct that is not a red eye….

I learned SO much from taking the free course at www.10xtravel.com, along with reading www.thepointsguy.com. The course walks you through step by step what to do and has a "cards list" to follow in order when first starting out.

They are very pro-Chase but I also rack up AMEX MRs via some of their cards and www.rakuten.com because I am a Delta snob when flying from LAX, and Chase doesn't transfer out to Delta.

Chase codes DVC as travel, so our recent direct purchase netted us almost 90,000 Chase URs!

Not to hijack, but I agree - this amount of air travel would not be realistic for us without credit card rewards.
Thank you for this. I will check out the free course. We do want to focus on Delta moving forward since my home airport is a nightmare for any airline other Delta.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest