September 30th, 2004 Wonder

Gotta see those pics! if you can, create a user name and password and then post it here for us to see them :)

LOL - I hope the info Rita gave is correct....I would be SO excited to go to PC - and sailing out of PC would be a HUGE relief!!!

Hi Everyone!!! We're in St. Augustine and the weather couldn't be more perfect. The sun is shining and it's around 90 degrees and breezy. Called Disney this morning and was told they were assessing the damage at Castaway Cay and to call back tomorrow. Hope Rita was right! Also told me it was sailing out of Port Canaveral. Keeping our fingers crossed. This will probably be my last post so I'll see you guys on the boat. Didn't bring the bright green shirt but we'll have mickey heads pinned to our shirts!!! See you later.... Janine:wave:

LOL, I had a feeling we might get some conflicting reports about CC - :confused:

Let's all keep our fingers crossed! I know that Nassau is definitely open and it's GREAT to hear that we're going out of PC - I have visited their site a couple of times today and hadn't gotten the definitive word on that.

Glad to hear the weather is gorgeous Janine! See you on the ship!!!:bounce: :sunny:

Goofy----I just called around town and found some generic sea bands. So I'll go get those and try them.

Guess DS won't have school for a while. 73 schools in the county without electricity and 40 with structural damage. School was cancelled for yesterday and today. Won't be surprised if they do the rest of the week.

St. Augustine is one of our favorite places! Harry's is our favorite restaurant there!

Glad you found some seabands, Michelle. DBF and I are going to try bonine. I've heard that's great as well!

I have to say...I feel a bit guilty traveling to Florida to go on a CRUISE with so many people in SUCH a bad way :(

I'm kind of glad to get out of here, too depressing. I need some Hakuna Matata for a few days!!!!! Dh has been outside cleaning up the debris. I'm sure he REALLY needs a vacation. I still haven't heard from my brother in Daytona Beach. I'm assuming no news is good news. The police are really working hard here. They are at almost every intersection where there isn't a light. We're delivering meals and ice tonight to some friends of ours who don't have electricity. One piece of good news...they have lifted all the tolls. I hope they keep the toll roads toll free on Thursday!!!

Michelle

ARGH!! I am still trusting NOTHING, I swear...I was just on the Disney Forum - and the Live from the 9/27 Magic says that the captain mentioned there was a possibility they would cruise BACK to Port Everglades!! I don't know what to believe...sigh. LOL

I'm still holding onto my reservation for a Thrifty rental car from MCO to get to $#*% Port Everglades...they are being VERY elusive...I really wish SOMEBODY would tell us where we're going - LOL!

thrifty told me if you don't cancel within 24 hours that they will charge you. So I have been hesitant to do that. Plus I don't want to have to drive 3 1/2 hours through counties that are damaged, barely have gas, etc.....

I didn't give Thrifty any credit card info yet - I made my reservation via the internet...they sent me an email today...lol...maybe I should READ it?

Geez, I wish they would just let us know! I haven't seen any new information on the Port Canaveral site - I'm almost tempted to call Carnival since I don't think DCL is going to give an answer until the last minute - and I don't want to leave L.A. tomorrow not knowing.

I know what you mean about driving through all the damaged areas, etc...but we land at MCO at 6:20 in the morning...the thought of possibly not getting on the ship until 7 at night is unbearable! I read some of the "live from the Magic" posts...didn't sound like a pleasant experience...well...until they got on the ship that is! :sunny:

Hmmm...just went to the DCL website and the little "September 26" bulletin is gone now....wonder if that means they're going to post something else....

Ahh..there must be something different about a regular ressie and a blue chip member.

BUT if DCL would get off their $#%'s and make a decision it would be easier for those of us who could change flights now and be comfortable in fll instead of on a bus Thursday morning.

Okay...I am calling our "castmember" line....maybe they'll shoot straighter with me since I work for the flippin' company!

Stand by....

I bet they don't even use their real names

ROFL

okaaaaaay....so much for using the old "I work for the company, come on! You can tell ME" approach.

Still saying they "think" it's going to be PC...I said "what's your gut on this one?"

she said PC.

Well, what was she gonna say??
"sure, go ahead, rent a car, change your flight, whatever!"

:mad:

she said to call tomorrow - they "should" know for sure then, but definitely call from the airport when we land :eek:

um...ya THINK?? LOL

They are killing me....

Okay...so I just called the Port Canaveral info line (can you say OBSESSED?? I knew you could!:rolleyes: ) -- they are not reporting anything different from what we knew yesterday - small vessels are allowed, ships are not. Power has been fully restored, etc -- they will continue to update as new info is received...(321) 783-7831 just in case anybody wants to obsess along with me :) Wait for option 3...you have to listen to a whole bunch of stuff first...:)

--Ok, I called DCL again. Obesessed too. This time I spoke to Angel and she said that they don't have a definitive answer, but they should know by tomorrow afternoon.

--Are you travelling with your cell phones? I can leave a message for you when I find out.

--I sure hope it is PC because I haven't made any plans with anyone to change it.

---maybe if they get enough calls, they'll get sick of it and make a definite statement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter