September 30th, 2004 Wonder

pinocchio2004

Earning My Ears
pirate: Who else is cruising on the September 30th Wonder? Haven't seen any postings for that date. I'm getting a little worried that we're the only ones!!!

Don't worry, I will be there with you. I am doing the land/sea package starting on Sept. 26 and I will be on the Wonder on Sept. 30. Did you get your docs yet?
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I am now on this one as well - we just re-booked due to the hurricans and a family crisis - my DBF's mom was admitted to the hospital this morning so we just didn't feel right going on a cruise with all signs pointing towards it not being a good idea at this moment...

let's hope the weather stays clear from now on!!!! I need to change my countdown:Pinkbounc

No I haven't gotten any docs because my inlaws are taking the whole family and I think they will receive everything at their house. Do either of you have any kids going? I have 3. A DD (12) DS (8) and DS(7). They will have their cousins with them but are looking forward to making new friends. I'm hoping to get my 7yo son in the Oceaneer Lab instead of the club. Do either of you know if it's possible? It says the age starts at 8 but he spends most of his time around older kids and I think he would be bored in the Club. First Disney Cruise, can you tell??? Let's hope for good weather! Thanks for writing back!!!:wave2:

Hi Pinnochio -
on the cruise, it will be just DBF and me - we are turning it into an impromptu birthday celebration for me :)

Neither of us has ever had children even though we are both in our 40's - just wasn't meant to be. We love other people's though so it's not a problem:). And we have three horses and three cats between us so that's enough kids, quite frankly - lol.

Have you checked out the general forum on this board? There's a lot of Q&A that goes on there - I don't know anything about the clubs either and this is our first cruise as well!

Cheers,
Bridget (aka Kalypso)

Hey Bridget! That was quick! I'm not really that worried about it, we'll just go with the flow. I'll ask and see what they say. I hope your DBF's mom is ok. I am getting so excited!!! We're leaving on the 24th and are hitting Charleston, SC and St. Augustine, FL before the cruise. (We're from Cleveland) And then it's off to Universal Studios for a week (oops, maybe I shouldn't say that out loud-ha ha) We would love to meet you guys! Actually hubby is kind of shy but I love meeting new people ;)
I'll talk to you later! Janine aka Pinocchio

LOL, Janine - sounds familiar! My BF is shy as well but I love meeting new people - let's try to hook up for a drink or something!!

We bought the Romantic Escape at Sea package which is VERY cool if you haven't heard about it. For about $300 more, you get a romance basket in your stateroom when you arrive (champagne, chocolates, photo album, etc), you get to make dinner reservations at Palo in advance (normally you have to wait until you get on the ship) and they include the $10 each fee for Palo, you get a couples massage at Vista plus passes to the Rainforest Rooms at the spa for that day - romantic turndown service at night which I'm told includes rose petals! and last but not least...you get to order a romantic breakfast :) delivered to your room that I think includes champagne as well - all in all? It works out to a pretty good bargain - mainly because of the advance reservations for Palo and the spa since we won't have to worry about running around to get them the day we get on.

We are going to do Palo on Friday night at 8. Other than that? No plans! So let me know what works out with the kids and we'll pick a place to hook up on the ship - we just rebooked and only have a "guaranteed room" at this point so no stateroom number as of yet. But I'm sure we'll be posting as the cruise draws nearer - I still have to change the signature:(

I hope DBF's mom will be okay too :( We just knew we wouldn't enjoy ourselves we all of this going on back home, you know?
Bridget

Sorry pinocchio2004, no kids for us. We are going to be on our honeymoon. I too am a first time cruiser. I cannot wait. Hopefully the weather will be ok when we are there.

Ok guys, where and when do you want to meet? I'm not familiar with the ship's layout. I'm on the 7th deck, I know that. And we have early dinner seating, if that helps. Might be better to meet up during the day while the kids are in the clubs. I hope we can arrange a meet! Let me know......:sunny: Janine

Hey Pinnochio, I'm on deck 7 also...... aft I think. It's one of the interior cabins.

We were on deck 6 last cruise and I have to saw the upper levels are by far more convenient because you can get up or down with no elevators easily.

I plan on making a door sign though. (Saw some pretty cool ideas on other posts.)

:earsboy:

I'm traveling with my dh and dd, age 11. princess:

She would like to make friends too.

We plan on signing her up for clubs but I know sometimes the older kids (10 and above) like to form little friend groups and roam the ship.

We plan to go to Palo but not sure which night.... (Probably will try for Friday though while we're most likely in port. Less rocking that way.)

Hey Goofy and Janine! Good morning!

I read on another post where DISers were hooking up for a celebratory drink in the Promenade Lounge directly after the lifeboat drill and right before the sail away party - the lifeboat drill is at 4 I think and only takes about 15 minutes.

What do you think guys?
Or we could be meet at say Pluto's Dog House on Deck 9 right AFTER the sail away party.

I'm open to suggestions - I'm a first timer and don't know the lay out either - I do know there are plenty of places on Deck 9 to grab snacks or drinks - but I was reading on one of the Magic threads that the DISers were meeting in the Promenade Lounge right after the boat drill so I latched on to that idea!

I'm holding out hope for great weather and a chance at Castaway Cay by the time we sail!!:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Goofy - My DBF are at Palo Friday night too.

Kalypso,

This is our 4th Disney (3-day) cruise.

1 on the Magic. 3rd on the wonder. We have everything down to a drill by now. (on boat around noon....ressies for Palo...etc..)

Right after the drill..... everyone usually heads to the deck for sail away party and its your last chance to get a quick dip in the pool for those on early dinner seating.

I would prefer a meet on deck 9 but am flexible.

Deck 9 sounds great! Goofyforlife - can you pick a place? Since you know they layout :)

I spoke with Debbie today at DCL and she said that it could be ready for the 9/19 sailing. She said that they didn't have to do any dredging and the damage was very moderate. she did say that the "adult" beach was a whole new beach w/ so much sand.

WOOHOOOOO! Just saw this on the CC thread!! Looks like we'll have us a CC visit after all on the 9/30 Wonder!!!

WOOFRIGGINHOOHOOHOO!!!
pirate: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jester:

Everybody just keep doing the "good weather dance" after Ivan is through kicking butt....I am SO glad I changed my cruise plans....

Hey guys! I have a couple questions for you. Do you think it would be possible to leave notes for each other under our doors about where we can meet up (like in high school with our lockers-haha)??? Or is there some other way to communicate with eachother on the boat? I'm thinking that Thursday might be a little hard for me with all the excitement of boarding and the kids probably will want to explore. I'd like to look at a navigator and see when there's some free time for us. We have 13 people going in our group and I would hate to stand you up or never be able to get in contact again!
Goofy, my daughter wants to meet yours. She just turned 12 in August so they probably have the same interests. She really wants to roam around and be independent but I told her she absolutely cannot go anywhere alone. Is it safe to let them go by themselves? Is it easy for them to find their way back to the rooms and/or a meeting spot? And what is a door sign? Just curious.
Allright, I'll be patiently waiting by my computer for your response. Just kidding, I'm starting to pack today!!! Yeah!!!!
Talk to you later, Janine

Hi everyone! My name is Jess and I am 24 and from Erie PA. I will be honeymooning on the 9/30 cruise with my then "Husband" (wow is that weird to say) Mike who is also from Erie and is 25. He is a disney vet, although the last time he did a DisCruise it was on the Big Red Boat. I have never been to Disney nor been on a cruise. I am far too excited!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter