September 30th, 2004 Wonder

Michelle - I will have my cell with me - I will PM you the number and my email address at ABC.
I am not flying out until tomorrow night.

I will be here at ABC all day tomorrow obsessively checking the Port Canaveral website www.portcanaveral.org just in case you're interested ;) and obsessively dialing DCL:teeth:.

Pixie dust being sent PC's way! When I called their info line they mentioned some bouys out of place and some dredging that still needed taking care of or something like that...sigh.

I told the gal on the Castmembers "sail away" line - LOL - that I rented a car from Thrifty and she started telling me to call them when I landed for transport information, etc - in case we go to Port Everglades for example - "we get there as early as 8" - I told her I had read reports of people waiting around for hours for buses to leave...I am not going to sit around MCO for hours when I can rent a car and drive down there for $30...

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: WOOHOOO EVERYBODY!!:bounce: :bounce: READ BELOW!!:bounce: :bounce:

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Port reopens for cruise, cargo ships
By Dona Balancia and Scott Blake
FLORIDA TODAY

Port Canaveral reopened late Tuesday for cruise and cargo ships, although dredging of the port's channel will continue to ensure there's enough room for the largest vessels later this week.

Port officials declared the port reopened for shipping at 6 p.m., with some restrictions. The channel is limited to vessels with drafts up to 30 feet, and up to 32 feet at high tide. The draft is the depth a ship's hull extends below the surface of the water.

That's enough underwater clearance for most ships, but "there's still some concern about Mariner of the Seas," Canaveral Port Authority Chief Executive Officer Stan Payne said, referring to one of Royal Caribbean International's largest cruise ships.

Payne said dredging and surveying of the channel will continue to remove a shoal that built up at port's shipping entrance, but there's currently room to spare for most ships

I am just BEYOND happy that we are now going out of PC for sure!

So...I'll be on the boards a bit tomorrow...and then it's off to the airport :) for a red-eye flight!

And then....drinks at Signals after the boat drill!!

WE'RE FINALLY GOING!!:Pinkbounc :sunny: :hyper:

Then click on "local update in our web journals" -- should be on the very first page of the site.

The folks at PC must be so busy they haven't even had time to update their own site - but trust the local media to stay on top of this stuff - I am just SO darned relieved I can't tell you! I was so looking forward to seeing the Disney Terminal...

Dare we hold out hope for CC???
Quick! MORE PIXIE DUST!!!:sunny:

Oh and by the way?

Leave it to the OBSESSED BRIDGET to go on line and find out that the Disney ship draft is 25.3 feet...no problem getting in there according to that article;):Pinkbounc

Ok, so I just called DCL and talked to Elsie. She said we would definitely be sailing from Port Everglades. So I asked her if she was sure, since I heard they just re-opened the port to ships. She put me on hold, then I got cut off. Do I redial? ....I'll give it 'til tomorrow.

Okay...so I log on tonight...all happy about the PC factor...only to see Michelle's disturbing post...I am going to call around when I get to the office tomorrow because I am SERIOUSLY ticked off that this kind of #$%&* misinformation is being given out....the fact that five or more different DCL Reps have five or more differing opinions about what's going on...

And they wonder why our stock stinks.

I have HAD IT with this.

And I'm going to make some "interior" phone calls.....

Bridget, good for you. My DH said that the next time I call, if I get a different answer, I need to ask to speak to someone higher. He said it's rediculous to get a different answer from each different person. This kind of misinformation happens all the time at the parks.

Goofy---have a safe flight.

Newest damage report said that there were 1084 buildings reported damaged in Polk County. I know I saw 5 trees on houses just driving to Walmart, Walgreens and the grocery store. I wonder what would pull 3 hurricane eye directly to the same place?

Ok, I called this morning and this is what Val said. Disney Wonder is planning to dock at PC. We will go to Nassau. As for Castaway Cay, it is up in the air. There is no alternative planned at this time. She suggested calling back later just to be on the safe side.

Michelle

"There is no alternative planned at this time. She suggested calling back later just to be on the safe side"

Okay...rofl....does she mean that...or does she REALLY mean...

"Call back later so I can tell you something COMPLETELY different...like you're now sailing to GALVESTON"

<CUE MUSIC HERE> "Galveston....oh Galveston"

Okay...I'm done now.
Michelle - This is great news I hope - LOL.
I'm going to call them right now.

Stand by while I pour my coffee and dial:sunny:
Okay...dialing...."thank you for calling Disney cruise line...for English press one....for someone to tell you nine different opinions about where you're going to sail...press two"

LOL

Soooo....I talked to Vivienne at DCL at length :)

It is absolutely, definitely, no question Port Canaveral :):)

AND....she said the SAME thing about CC - she also said it didn't get clobbered and it looks WE'RE GOING TO CC!!

I am more excited about that than anything else!!

:Pinkbounc

So...safe flight for goofy :) Safe travels for you too Michelle! Safe flight for me and Brian tonight :) ARGH...I loathe flying :teeth:

And....I will see you all tomorrow afternoon (how great does THAT sound!) on Deck 9 at Signals after the boat drill :)

Unless baby spits up all over me, I will be wearing all lime green and holding an infant. Be sure to say hi if you see me!

I will be wearing a lime green v-neck t shirt over my swimsuit with a sarong hawaiian print wrap!

I can tell you...I am REALLY starting to get excited about my first ever cruise :)

Okay here we go this is the link to get to our wedding pics. http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=658271096344146890/l=34121598/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
They will ask you to register to see them but it is totally 100% free, I swear!

I should be finishing packing but I needed to check in with the boards first! I am SO EXCITED!!!!! Our flight leaves Thurs morn @ 7:30 am and I cant wait!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I will be wearing a green skirt with a green hoodie. If I get too hot I will have a white tank with a green bandana on my head. DH has nothing green in the closet. But if you happen to catch the pics you will have a good idea what we look like anyway!

Hi Jessica! Your pics are BEAUTIFUL - love the one of you in front of the fireplace - you look GORGEOUS and HAPPYprincess:

I will look for you guys tomorrow at Signals!!! DBF won't be wearing green either...he wouldn't be caught dead in lime green - LOL.

I'll be lurking around here most of today if you come back on the boards! We don't fly out until late tonight!

Bridget

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter