ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the ramifications of a closing not occurring on or prior to the closing date on the contract?
Just curious because this Friday is the closing date on our 90 day contract and we have been waiting for closing documents for two weeks (after a 61 day ROFR wait). It is looking like we are not going to make it.

We have a closing date of August 3rd in our contract and just found out we passed ROFR today (will update when I get a chance!) But our broker said that in the contract the title company reserves the right to extend the closing date if the finance department is slow to deliver estoppel. You may want to check your contract if this stipulation is included as well. It doesn’t matter to us as we will follow through with the purchase but the option to back out may not be so easy!

If the contract is not able to close in 90 days, I will get my deposit back and can back out of the sale. Which is not what I want, but I may have to do that. If everyone agrees to extend the closing it would not be a problem. But it can be an out if you need it. You should read your contract to be sure exactly what it says.
My contract signed in mid-June was written by the agent to close in 120 days. It is my first contract so I didn't realize then that 90 or even 60 was standard. Guess the agent knew what was up. Lol.
Yeah so because of this wait I can't believe I just backed out of a SECOND contract (first was due to an error in the paperwork) which I thought was a great deal :sad:. I'm sad but it was the right decision. I thought I did my research, but after checking the closing time thread and realizing you are looking at weeks for your membership and points with a closing date of 120 days I just couldn't do it. I realized the chance of having my points to book prior to 7 months out is pretty much non-existent, which means I probably wouldn't be able to book poly...which was the entire reason I was buying the contract now rather than waiting for (what I think might be) a steeper price drop over the year.

We are *really* determined to stay at poly during our next stay (if you couldn't tell) because I'm so sad I missed it this year. We already have two contracts gone to ROFR but I will have those in time to book the first half of our stay so I'm good with that and we can just use cash for the rest.

Guess I will be a lurker until I find out for sure if our summer 2021 trip is happening :) If it's a go I plan to start looking again right away...if it isn't I'll be banking and waiting it out a little longer (hoping that doesn't happen =).

Last edited:

Pearlrear76---$98-$33595-330-AKV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 330/21, 330/22- sent 6/4, passed 7/20
When should I expect to finally be able to log into DVC and book a stay?

You might want to check out this thread to see what people’s experiences currently are.

Personally, we passed ROFR on May 24th. The contract still hasn’t been loaded onto our account. And we are already members. Be prepared to wait!

Guess I will be a lurker until I find out for sure if our summer 2021 trip is happening :) If it's a go I plan to start looking again right away...if it isn't I'll be banking and waiting it out a little longer (hoping that doesn't happen =).

So sorry to hear this!! You need more pixie dust tossed your way!! pixiedust:pixiedust:

If you do have to bank, just think of what a GINORMOUS POLY TRIP that will be!!
:stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch::stitch:

Grant Circus---$104-$12942-120-AKV-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 120/21, 120/22- sent 6/9
Grant Circus---$104-$12942-120-AKV-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 120/21, 120/22- sent 6/9

I'm new here - hope this looks right. We have two identical contracts from the same seller, total 240 points. We are bummed to still be waiting, but it looks like most others are in the same boat!

My contract signed in mid-June was written by the agent to close in 120 days. It is my first contract so I didn't realize then that 90 or even 60 was standard. Guess the agent knew what was up. Lol.
Yes, my agent did tell me that they've started writing 120 day contracts to account for the longer process.

Prouddaddycdn - $117 - $11700-100-BWV-February-0/19, 0/20, 130/21- sent 7/18

Swore back in 2017 when I bought my first resale contract that I would only buy direct from that point due to all the stress and time it took to actually get a contract finalized but here I am again jumping into resale. This contract just met all our requirements so we had to jump on it. Hopefully this one goes smoothly.
also in waiting stage
smisale--$95--16375.00--160/20--160/21---160/22-sent july20
Could you please reformat that with the link in post#1 so it can go on the list?

Pearlrear76---$98-$33595-330-AKV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 330/21, 330/22- sent 6/4, passed 7/20
When should I expect to finally be able to log into DVC and book a stay?
misread disregard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter