May 2024 WISH Thread

I can’t believe it’s Saturday night already!!!!

I have had a whirlwind of a weekend so far!!

Thursday during my lunch break I bathed my dogs. It was nice and sunny out so everyone got a hose bath and a nice air dry in the sun. Several hours later I noticed foster dog licking her armpit. Everytime I went to check it she kinda wondered off and would stop messing with it. Finally I had enough and rolled her over on her back and discovered a giant, deep hole under her front arm. It was so gross and about the size of a dime, very deep. She had no reaction to me touching it or examining it so I didn’t believe it was ER worthy and the rescue agreed so her and I were at the walk in clinic bright and early Friday AM.

I thought the vet would have an easy answer but she was just as perplexed as the rest of us!! She examined it, cleaned it, flushed it, cleaned it again…sweet Angel had no reaction. Like it doesn’t hurt her at all? Nothing is stuck it in, growing out of it…best guess is the vet thinks it was a wart that got soaked off in the bath and left this deep wound!! So one staple to hold it but let it heal, oral antibiotics and topical. It already looks so much better.

Got home in time for my niece to come for the day and a sleepover. DD worked yesterday as well.

My niece, MIL, DD and I went to yard sales this morning and did ok. Didn’t get a ton but what we did get was great.

DH treated MIL, SIL and me to lunch and pedicures for Mother’s Day this afternoon. It was so nice and relaxing!!!

Tomorrow we will go to 1st church service and I work the nursery during second service!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!!

⬇️

We saw it last night too :) (and we were not the oldest couple there without kids!) I thought it was good, and that it definitely had layers - easy gags for the kids, deep stuff for the adults, and lots in between.
I really enjoyed it - I told DH, I didn't think I was supposed to cry at kids movies. He just kind of rolled his eyes at me (in a loving way of course lol). But I agree, lots of layers.

I love that list! I'm kind of a bad procrastinator when it's things that just involve myself and I've tried to start telling myself how quick some things are to do, so I'll just do them.

That's kind of the same with this list - you can get a good, settled feeling with as little as 5-10 spare minutes!

My self care for today was a nice long nap. We cooked a breakfast for our church graduates and their families today. It went so nice, but it's really nice to have it over. Came home after that and took a nice long nap and now I'm getting ready to go to my MILs for dinner.

Should be a fun evening because DH and I are taking a truckload of bikes (5 of them) for the little kids. MIL has always had a bunch of old bikes in her shed for her great-grandkids (would be our great nieces and nephews) to ride on while at her house. We got them out this year and they are all in terrible shape. One of the bikes doesn't even have a tire, so they are riding on just the wheel. Two of them won't hold any air in the tires. So, we ended up just getting some at walmart so the kids can play on them this summer!

Good morning. It was a long weekend here. Friday night I went out with a good friend. We both have seniors and going through similar things with our seniors. It was so good to talk with someone who understands the frustrations of paying for college. Our other friends don't have a graduate until next year. I know so many families that are taking like $30,000 out in loans for just 1 year. We just can't afford that ourselves and we don't want DS that come out of school with $100,000 in loans. He is going for teaching so he would never be able to pay that off. He has pretty much decided on going to our local college (the college my mom got her teaching degree at) and should b able to come out of college with $20,000 or less in loans. Plus he is guaranteed a teaching job in his school district because he won a new scholarship to the state of Ohio. So it is all coming together.

Saturday was senior Prom. DS had fun. I also worked after prom and had the best job for me. I checked in students, called parents of students that didn't show up (I got ahold of 1 parent that was shocked that his daughter was not their), called parents of any student under 18 that was leaving early and checked out students at the end of the night. I didn't get home until 3:30am but it was a good night and I was able to let DS have his night and I was able to help without him feeling like I was watching him since I was not in the main area.

Nick Prom.jpg

Sunday DS had the last of his senior pictures. This time with his cap and gown. It was a great day but it was hot and she was still so tired but what I have seen so far they will be really good. After his pictures I just laid on the couch and took a few naps and then went to barn to help DD feed the horses.

Vacation is my motivation. I want to lose some weight before we go.

Saturday neither the weather nor I could decide what type of day it was going to be, but I ended up getting an assortment of indoor and outdoor things done. Sunday turned into a fabulous day, mostly because I spent the afternoon wandering around town with my Neice and NIL, which included seeing the current exhibit she has going at the museum, which is really good, and getting hot dogs at the seasonal hotdog stand.

Motivation this week... I've been seeing a lot of mentions about neuro-divergence and emotions lately, which is new because the conversation is usually about executive function. Possibly because of that I noticed different things about my reaction to being in the office last week, as in moodiness and feeling frazzled. So, I'm taking that observation into this week, when I head back into the city for several more days and will see what adjustments I can make. I know one will be to consciously start the recovery on the ferry with some vagus nerve exercises.

Topic Tuesday ~ Memorial Day Weekend is approaching, which is the unofficial start of summer here. Has the warmer weather changed your exercise and/or eating habits? Or are you planning to make some changes because of it?

I've tried to kind of make the nicer weather be my starting point for walking the neighborhood. It's about a 1.2 mile loop and decently hilly, so it's a good walk for me. I actually even went for a walk one day on my lunch hour. I usually bring my lunch, so have quite a bit of extra time, so I went to the park where there's a lake with a walking trail around it. It's only about 3/4 of a mile, but still a nice quiet little walk. Unfortunately, it's already gotten too hot to do that every day now and then go back to work. I don't want to be sweaty or feel uncomfortable for the rest of the afternoon.

I still would like to get into a routine of using light weights at some point. I know as we get older that becomes more and more important. I would probably just do this in my basement to start with. We have a nice wellness center in our town, but I think I'd rather just find something to do from home at this point.

Warmer weather... ha ha. We've been getting warm sunny days here or there but overall it is still pretty chilly, which is normal for this time of year. June is affectionately called Juneuary and rain jackets are a must have for the 4th of July. That being said, the longer days are inspirational to keep doing stuff in the evenings. I can't believe we are only a month away from the Summer Solstice.

I'm going to woohoo early, since I may not get a chance to do it tomorrow. Woohoo, this is kind of a short week because we wrap up our meetings mid-day Thursday, so just half a day. Then this weekend is Memorial Day, so next week is short, and the week after that I'm taking Friday off to do early birthday stuff... so three short weeks in a row! Also woohoo... I've gotten the planters around the back door and patio planted and the patio cleaned up and it all looks so nice and summery, and summer is bound to happen sooner or later.

I find I want to eat a bit less when the temp gets above 85. I also want to take more advantage of our pool and do some water aerobics this summer. The step challenge at work has got me really trying to get at least 1 brief workout in every weekday and I hope to keep that going once it ends in a couple weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter