ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd share some things I found digging through the Orange County information to see what people are actually paying for BCV contracts.

74 BCV contracts recorded since 4/1, excluding direct sales.

6 ROFR'd. All 6 seem to be from before the closure and just filed late. Prices ranged from $77-$111.

Of the other 68, I was able to match 8 to a contract in this or a recent ROFR thread. All 8 were among the 28 lowest priced contracts, including the 3rd cheapest, 6th cheapest, 12th cheapest, and 2 tied for 15th cheapest.

The lowest price that Disney didn't take was $92. This appeared to come through after the parks closed. Another went for $99.5.

The highest price was $196 for a 50 pointer.

Excluding ROFR'd contracts, the average contract sold for $142, while the average point went for $138 (DVC Resale market lists their average for Apr-Jun as $141, $144, and $144, while DVCStore lists a range of $135-145)

Separately, I pulled all contracts for all WDW DVC resorts posted since 6/22 (when direct sales reopened) with a grantee of Disney. I found a few ROFRs but most of them appeared to be stragglers from March, while the others were unclear. Mostly foreclosures and a few that as best as I could tell were people literally giving the deed back to Disney (!!!).
That is really interesting to see. This thread was so helpful for me to get a good price on my BLT contract last year without getting it taken. It really helps create an informed buyer.

Thought I'd share some things I found digging through the Orange County information to see what people are actually paying for BCV contracts.

6 ROFR'd. All 6 seem to be from before the closure and just filed late. Prices ranged from $77-$111.

Of the other 68, I was able to match 8 to a contract in this or a recent ROFR thread. All 8 were among the 28 lowest priced contracts, including the 3rd cheapest, 6th cheapest, 12th cheapest, and 2 tied for 15th cheapest.

The lowest price that Disney didn't take was $92. This appeared to come through after the parks closed. Another went for $99.5.

Excluding ROFR'd contracts, the average contract sold for $142, while the average point went for $138 (DVC Resale market lists their average for Apr-Jun as $141, $144, and $144, while DVCStore lists a range of $135-145)

Separately, I pulled all contracts for all WDW DVC resorts posted since 6/22 (when direct sales reopened) with a grantee of Disney. I found a few ROFRs but most of them appeared to be stragglers from March, while the others were unclear. Mostly foreclosures and a few that as best as I could tell were people literally giving the deed back to Disney (!!!).

Wow, I wish I was able to score BCV for $92 ... That is amazing. I thought I did well at $125 :)

Were the contracts in the lower price range for many more points? Like $92 for 500 points or something?

Last edited:
Yesterday I received an email saying it should have passed by now, they are checking with Disney, and hopefully it will pass next week. I posted the "55 Days and counting" message to let everyone know I hadn't just forgotten to update.

Today:
ColinBlair---$180-$5758-28-VGF-Apr-0/19, 28/20, 28/21, 28/22- sent 6/3, passed 7/29

The six that you categorized as ROFR, they’re not foreclosures bought by DVD from Palm Financial, right? Just curious..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter