ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyberc1978---$145-$18125-125-VGF-Jun-0/19, 250/20, 125/21-Seller pays closing- sent 5/7, passed 6/18

Just wanted to add that with the current fluctuations in the USD exchange rate I saved another $1,300 :)

That brings the total cost pp down to just shy of $135 Compared to what I was looking at earlier:P

Not a bad deal :-)
Same happened to me! I'm waiting for a deposit to be charged to my cc and wish they would hurry up, lol

Same happened to me! I'm waiting for a deposit to be charged to my cc and wish they would hurry up, lol
I actually waited around 14 days before sending the balance of my purchase as I could see the exchange rate was in a decline. I would have waited an additional 7-10 days but I’m getting close to my closing date. It might have saved me $500 more but time is not on my side.

PaulW08---$148-$9992-60-CCV@WL-Dec-60/19, 120/20, 60/21- sent 7/24

Fingers crossed we get to use those 2019 points, but not depending on them.
Good luck! I hope it's working out better for you than it does for me - had a similar loaded contract, except 100 points and Sep UY, and at the rate things are going, I will not have my points until sometime in October :(

Where did you find this? What was it listed at? Thats a good deal IMO
It was fidelity. I thought they were going to counter a lot higher (and I really planned to walk away FTR, I swear, lol) but they didn't counter at all.

I was running the numbers on waiting it out until later in 2020 but really I want to stay at Poly in 2021. If I wait longer that means I miss the booking window and would probably end up paying for a cash stay, which would just counter any savings I would have had.

Also the exchange rate like a previous poster mentioned has me saving a lot more than I previously planned on which is nice =)

Good for you for being aggressive. Get what you want!!
I'm looking at the going rate for poly now based on this thread and it's basically my own average at this point, so I feel the study is now flawed for me, lol.

I *am* looking to add a teensy bit more, but this will be in the more distance future when we figure out if a 2021 trip is a go (crossing my fingers =).

Has anyone noticed that there is one particular resale sight, from which I purchased, by the way, that everyone who listens to the podcast knows, whose prices are consistently and considerably higher? There never appears to be a single good deal. Or am I wrong and its just my perception? Is it ok to even discuss this on these boards? If not, my apologies!
I’ve noticed the same thing. I’ve also noticed the advice given is a little skewed based on their price points instead of what we are seeing pass on this thread. For awhile it concerned me because some people seem to buy through them just based on the partnership and tend to significantly overpay, but if people buy without researching all their options it is what it is. All I can do is point people toward this thread if they do ask for advice. And stop watching that particular show.

I’ve noticed the same thing. I’ve also noticed the advice given is a little skewed based on their price points instead of what we are seeing pass on this thread. For awhile it concerned me because some people seem to buy through them just based on the partnership and tend to significantly overpay, but if people buy without researching all their options it is what it is. All I can do is point people toward this thread if they do ask for advice. And stop watching that particular show.

You guys could be referring to a different website but I think I know what you both mean. I did notice that the Timeshare Store recently added a page for current price range though which seems pretty accurate: https://www.dvcstore.com/prices.htm
I like that you can quickly see all resort prices and it gives you a good idea of what contracts are actually selling for on their website.

You guys could be referring to a different website but I think I know what you both mean. I did notice that the Timeshare Store recently added a page for current price range though which seems pretty accurate: https://www.dvcstore.com/prices.htm
I like that you can quickly see all resort prices and it gives you a good idea of what contracts are actually selling for on their website.
I find this site a bit on the high side so would look around for a saving on these prices

Yeah the lower ends of those ranges actually match what we’re seeing in this thread pretty well.

Rstiv---$155-$26834-160-VGF-Jun-188/19, 160/20, 160/21- sent 7/24

first time buyer! Hope it goes through now the hard part waiting
Not sure if those VGF 160 were banked from 2019 but if not they would be expired by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter