Please Weigh in on Your Go To Grocery Delivery Service/Recent Experiences

Which grocery (with alcohol) delivery service do you like best?

• Dizzy Dolphin

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Vacation Grocery Delivery

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Garden Grocery

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Shipt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amazon Fresh

• Walmart

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Instacart

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Other

• Total voters
@kylenne When you used Tiffany Towncar and did the curbside order at Publix, did you order through Instacart, or through the curbside service at Publix? I'm still trying to figure out all these services. I apologize for all the questions; you've given me something different to think about with the car service over Ubering to the resort and then trying to figure out grocery delivery. Thank you!
Personally I just use the Instacart site & app because it’s what I use all the time at home but Publix outsources all of their delivery and curbside pickup to Instacart so it doesn’t actually matter which site you place the order on, it’s all being done through IC’s platform regardless. Like if you go on the Publix website and click the link for delivery and curbside it just redirects you to an IC page that has the Publix branding on it. It’s all the same prices and fees as if you just went on the main IC site or app. IIRC Publix even says that you’re being redirected to IC when you click on the link.

@Mle8308 Good to know! Although, if I'm reading correctly, Kroger doesn't deliver alcohol? DH definitely needs beer for the room. :-)

@kylenne Got it! Totally makes sense. Thank you so much!

@Mle8308 Good to know! Although, if I'm reading correctly, Kroger doesn't deliver alcohol? DH definitely needs beer for the room. :-)

Oh, forgot about the alcohol. I don't think Kroger does. Gotta keep the DH happy!

DD and I used Kroger when we went to Disney in early August. We put in the order on Thursday night and it was at bell services at the Poly when we checked in. There was no minimum purchase required, deliver was $6.99, and when we did this Kroger was offering $25 off your first two deliveries. I don't believe you can order alcohol through them, or maybe you have to be present when the groceries are delivered so they can confirm your ID (not sure about either of these). We don't drink in the room when at Disney (too many tempting cocktails in the lounges and bars) so don't care about alcohol delivery.

From a cursory look at their website, Kroger does deliver alcohol but they require customers to meet the delivery driver so that they can check and scan IDs. This is standard practice across every delivery service btw. Bell Services won’t accept any grocery deliveries that include alcohol for this reason.

From a cursory look at their website, Kroger does deliver alcohol but they require customers to meet the delivery driver so that they can check and scan IDs. This is standard practice across every delivery service btw. Bell Services won’t accept any grocery deliveries that include alcohol for this reason.
Good to know! Though I am lucky, my brother and his Grand Cherokee Wagoneer is my ride service - can hold lots of stuff and people! Comes with as many grocery stops as I deem necessary! 🤣 His spare bedroom closet is also my "owners locker"!

Last edited:
We have used Garden Grocer for 10+ years with no issues. Usually, our order arrives at the resort before we do. It is not the least expensive service, but we’ve been happy with them and have no complaints. Once, due to a family emergency, we canceled a trip on very short notice (same day) and they did not charge us (they could have and we understood that, but they chose not to). I really appreciated that kind gesture at a stressful time. If GG wasn’t available, we would probably use Amazon, but we haven’t found a reason to change.

Crazy!

I’ve used WM+ multiple times in WDW and I’m from CA. Latest was June.
I know I don’t get it either, still can’t quite figure out what happened there. Tried different credit cards, called customer service to verify and approve the order, can’t remember what else we tried, but still no luck. Wasted an hour I remember that!

Reading this thread avidly. So far only used Whole Food via Amazon
Prime. They did fine but I’ll need a bigger order next trip.

@NYCgrrl I'm trying to decide between Instacart and Tiffany Towncar with a stop at Publix on our way from the airport.
We've used Tiffany with the stop for the past 3 years. They do remind you that you only have 20 min. There are 2 of us shopping and we each have different items to get. Never had a problem with the time limits.

@GrandMum WOW! You two must be so organized! Good for you! DH and I could never get a full shop done in 20 minutes! :tilt:r

I was thinking about trying to do what @kylenne does and time a Publix/Instacart pick up order with a Tiffany Towncar stop. I'm nervous about the timing though. Also, we fly in around 1 pm, and so I'm thinking we might get to BWV before check in time (4 pm). I'm not sure what I can do with groceries that need to be refrigerated if we are stuck waiting for our villa? If we arrive before our room is ready with groceries, can bell services refrigerate our stuff while we wait?

@GrandMum WOW! You two must be so organized! Good for you! DH and I could never get a full shop done in 20 minutes! :tilt:r

I was thinking about trying to do what @kylenne does and time a Publix/Instacart pick up order with a Tiffany Towncar stop. I'm nervous about the timing though. Also, we fly in around 1 pm, and so I'm thinking we might get to BWV before check in time (4 pm). I'm not sure what I can do with groceries that need to be refrigerated if we are stuck waiting for our villa? If we arrive before our room is ready with groceries, can bell services refrigerate our stuff while we wait?
Bell Services has refrigerated storage for perishables.

Timing wise, pick up orders require you to select an hour long window. When you book with Tiffany you can ask what time they recommend, but to give you some idea:

- Tiffany scheduled our pickup from MCO for 9:15am, the time our flight was scheduled to land. We did our usual method of actually putting our cart together while at home the day before, and I pushed it through when we landed on time, for a 10-11 pickup window. I figured about an hour or so would be fine given how long it usually takes me to get checked bags, plus a bit of buffer for unexpected traffic etc.

- Driver met us at bag claim. We actually spent a fair bit of time there bc my partner’s bag took forever to come out. Then headed out to the store. The Publix they do the stop at is 9930 Universal Blvd, that’s the one you want to select for your online order.

- Checking our receipt, we picked our order up at 10:18. It was actually perfectly timed, the Publix guy came out with our stuff right when we pulled into the pickup space. Driver loaded everything into the car, we didn’t even get out.

- Got to YC probably 10 minutes later, property is actually pretty close by to that Publix location. CM met our driver out front with a luggage cart, and since our room wasn’t ready yet, we just left everything with Bell Services and then walked over to Epcot. When we got the room ready text around 12:30 we just headed back, called down for our stuff, and tipped the CM and went about our business.

Don’t overthink things too much though. There is no need to be nervous, it is really trivially simple to do and takes virtually no time. At worst if you get delayed at the airport past your pickup window somehow you can message the store and Publix will keep your order refrigerated until you can get there. And Bell Services will keep everything cold until your room is ready. They do this every day.

I have used Walmart exclusively (in July and August) at both Boardwalk and Baylake. A few things to point out. 1. Unless I am doing it wrong, if you have alcohol, they will not leave it with bell services. You have to be there to sign for it. 2. One my last order, it was delayed and while I had a 6-8pm delivery window, I didn’t get my order until close to 10pm. My only recourse was to cancel and reorder which I didn’t want to do.

I say overall I am very happy. I always have a car but this has saved me so Much time over going to the store and shopping or even just going to the store for a pickup. Would recc

My Walmart orders are almost always delayed or missing items when I'm visiting central Florida. Odd, because I use Walmart+ for regular groceries in Northern Virginia with no issues. The larger my order, the more issues I have.

I personally have only used Vacation Grocery Delivery last week. I use Instacart+ at home, but I was anxious about replacements and potentially getting a poor shopper. I'm sure that can happen with any service, but the reviews and communication from Vacation Grocery Delivery made me feel more comfortable that they would be able to get what I needed for a quick trip with my toddler. I did not order alcohol, but there was a separate way of doing that since there are restrictions on storing it at Bell Services (I believe this is just if you want it refrigerated, because Garden Grocer is still able to drop off alcohol without you being there).

I have a friend who has used Garden Grocer reliably for their every-other-year large group trips since at least 2019 and has had great success with that service.

@kylenne Thank you for the timeline of how you used Tiffany Towncar and Publix. That was so helpful, and it was exactly what I needed! :-)

We just returned from Wilderness Lodge. We used Walmart plus 3 times, and had a great experience. Our order was waiting for us upon arrival, and then twice during the week we placed an order for some specifics we either forgot or decided we really wanted. Both times the delivery occurred on under 2 hours

We just returned from Wilderness Lodge. We used Walmart plus 3 times, and had a great experience. Our order was waiting for us upon arrival, and then twice during the week we placed an order for some specifics we either forgot or decided we really wanted. Both times the delivery occurred on under 2 hours
We stop at publix for a few things, hoagies, soda on the way to disney. Our first night, we just want to get to room, eat, go to bed.

Then do big order with Walmart. Usually I set a time for after we are in a room. But I'm tired of ding, we're on our way.....ok, I hop on down to lobby...and wait and wait and wait....Once I waited , I think the driver when to Contempory instead of BLT and then return to store. My order was cancelled. ( Just now I sent a package via walmart to grandkid at college, est time 11:09, delivered 12:04. ) Soooooo, this trip, we plan to order and let it be delivered to bell services. and get it later. But have you had issues with frozen items? I don't want frozen food packed with eggs and put the whole bag into freezer. What do you say in notes to walmart?

If I want to have Walmart deliver to Disney's Beach Club, which is the closest Walmart store?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest