Moonlight Magic Oct. 24, 2024

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
Hello: I just read that Animal Kingdom is having a Moonlight event Oct. 24, 2024. Any information when and where we can register for it. We will be staying at the BCV on Oct. 24, 2024. Thanks Canadian Tom

Is the registration for these events "time consuming"? I have a reservation for December 10 and I have never had a trip line up with MM either. The problem is that I will be at work the day that the registration opens. I may or may not be available to make a phone call and I may or may not be available to sit online either. I am not familiar with the process.

Is the registration for these events "time consuming"? I have a reservation for December 10 and I have never had a trip line up with MM either. The problem is that I will be at work the day that the registration opens. I may or may not be available to make a phone call and I may or may not be available to sit online either. I am not familiar with the process.
I have only ever registered thru the link and it can be time consuming depending on where in the que you begin …. You will need to be able to pay attention to the process … can’t speak for a phone call having never registered that way but would imagine that there would be a period of time on hold …

It’s competitive and you have to be able to be in the Que and hope you have a number low enough to get in.

Thanks everyone. I found out registration for MM opens Sept.19th for resort guests. Thanks Canadian Tom

It’s competitive and you have to be able to be in the Que and hope you have a number low enough to get in.
So only so many spots for those with onsite reservations? Last year, I was staying on someone else's points and the last time we went to one, years before, I don't remember it being hard to get tickets.

"Hard" is a relative term. There are over 5000 DVC villas at WDW now and Moonlight Magic events simply do not have enough capacity to accommodate the occupants of all of those rooms. During the advance registration, many, many people will get in. Some will not. The general registration for those who do not have a hotel room goes quickly and has very low odds for success.

Since they are registering for 3 events simultaneously on September 19, some will probably have to wait up to an hour to complete registration. Some will register immediately, but others will have wait for the queue to progress.

Telephone registration is not available. It is all done through an online virtual queue. Each person in the waiting room will be given a queue number. The number will count down as registration gets closer. When your slot opens up, you'll have limited time to get registered before it kicks you off or the event reaches capacity.

"Hard" is a relative term. There are over 5000 DVC villas at WDW now and Moonlight Magic events simply do not have enough capacity to accommodate the occupants of all of those rooms. During the advance registration, many, many people will get in. Some will not. The general registration for those who do not have a hotel room goes quickly and has very low odds for success.

Since they are registering for 3 events simultaneously on September 19, some will probably have to wait up to an hour to complete registration. Some will register immediately, but others will have wait for the queue to progress.

Telephone registration is not available. It is all done through an online virtual queue. Each person in the waiting room will be given a queue number. The number will count down as registration gets closer. When your slot opens up, you'll have limited time to get registered before it kicks you off or the event reaches capacity.
Ugh....this stinks! I work on an ambulance so it's not like I can just keep a tab open in the corner. I would have to be glued to my phone or my iPad and that just isn't practical between driving and running calls.

If I gave my info to my dad (an associate member on my account with his own login credentials), would he be able to complete the process on my behalf?

Ugh....this stinks! I work on an ambulance so it's not like I can just keep a tab open in the corner. I would have to be glued to my phone or my iPad and that just isn't practical between driving and running calls.

If I gave my info to my dad (an associate member on my account with his own login credentials), would he be able to complete the process on my behalf?
DVC wouldn't be able to tell who is behind the keyboard.

I don't think the DVC user account is needed to register. But the 12-digit DVC member ID number is needed.

DVC wouldn't be able to tell who is behind the keyboard.

I don't think the DVC user account is needed to register. But the 12-digit DVC member ID number is needed.
This is correct. You enter the membership id number.

So I read the fine print and it just says you have to book with your membership, not with your points that are specific to your Y card membership(s)— I’m going to be visiting during a MM using resale points. Can someone remind me which membership ID I should put in during the registration?

So I read the fine print and it just says you have to book with your membership, not with your points that are specific to your Y card membership(s)— I’m going to be visiting during a MM using resale points. Can someone remind me which membership ID I should put in during the registration?
The one that holds the reservation.

Thanks for that information. So since it starts at 7:00pm what time do you think I should get in line for the entry?

Thanks for that information. So since it starts at 7:00pm what time do you think I should get in line for the entry?
You may have to wait for the email from DVC regarding actual entry time.

Here is some context from earlier in 2024:

You can check into the event a bit early. While the event runs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., you’re welcome to experience more magic by checking in at 4 p.m. And, if you happen to be enjoying Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park earlier that day and would like to check in inside the park, you may do so from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Upper Bradley Falls (look for event signage).​

Here is some context from the 2023:

Thank you for registering for the Disney Vacation Club Moonlight Magic at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. Don’t forget, all the Moonlight Magic fun kicks off at 8:00 PM, but Members can enter as early as 6:00 PM! Your complimentary, after-hours celebration will include exclusive access to many of the most popular attractions at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, character sightings, entertainment, and delectable delights.​
Early Access: While the event begins at 8:00 PM, attendees may enter the Park as early as 6:00 PM. (Entering Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park prior to 6:00PM would require paid Theme Park Admission and Park Reservation.​

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten the registration email yet? In the past I haven't gotten the email so if its gone out I want to know to call DVC and get the link sent to me.

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest