Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Question: How is the Wholesale airmiles figured out? I get a Wholesale clubs accelerator 2x, but can't figure out how they arrive at the AM's for it. I spent $144.50 before tax or $163.29 after tax, but got 23 AM. If it's per $20 spend plus the 2X, that should only be 16 AM. How are they getting 23? Reason I'm asking is that we did the recent offer of spending $80 for both of us. The AM came in on the one account, but not the other and if I have to chase them down, I'd like to know what to be asking for.

Has anyone received miles from their Costco purchases last weekend? I haven't received my base ones yet and they are usually pretty quick. Still haven't received Michaels from a few weeks ago either.
I received mine on Sept 11. No question they are from the previous offer as it's the only time I've used my BMO M/C at Costco. I usually use the Costco one.

For me, a 5 hour drive at 6 P.M. does not sound enjoyable. By the time you get there, get registered, get to bed, get to sleep, you might not feel like doing anything the next day. If you just start driving north you will stop at some point for sleep and then, I would bet a sum of money on this, the next day you will just want to get home and drive all the rest of the way with no break for enjoyment. Heading back to SSR and golf the next morning sounds so much more relaxing for a last day.
Again, that's 'for me'. I tend to overthink things sometimes. What ever you decide will still be a day away, a bit of your holiday, so it will be wonderful.
Let us know what you decide.
will do ,,,gotta wait till march...come on march

The app isn't working for me. Very annoying. I tried uninstall/reinstalling it, it won't let me log in now, just keeps going back to the "sign in/sign up" screen. Ugh. I just want to know if any of my groceries qualify for the receipts! stupid app :(
I thought it was because my phone is too old. Several apps don't work with it now and I've been trying to choose a new one for the last 2 weeks. :disrocks:

So remember, was it last week IDK, that I said I got the mother load of receipts. It took me a few day to go through them all and scan. I counted yesterday and there were 72. Several of them scanned as ‘we’ve seen this before’ so that leaves me wondering if someone was doing the same. A few awarded right away but a LOT of them I had to submit the inquiry. That was not fun as I had to dig around to find the offers. Anyway, I have no idea how many miles I did in fact earn but most likely not enough for the work involved.

IMG_1611.jpeg

1726477830243.png
1726477744149.png
* Offer valid Friday, September 20, 2024 only. Valid in-store at participating Pharmasave locations. To qualify for this offer, collectors must click the "Opt in now" button between 12:00:01 a.m. ET on September 16, 2024 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 20, 2024, and make an eligible purchase. Minimum eligible purchase must be spent in a single transaction on September 20, 2024 and is calculated before taxes and after all discounts and exclusions are applied. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIRMILES offers. Limit of one (1) offer per collector number.
Eligible purchases exclude prescriptions* or pharmacy services*, products with codeine, taxes, post office purchases, bottle deposits, enviro fees, event tickets, lottery, transit tickets and passes, bill payments & Western Union, the purchase of gift cards, phone and pre-paid cards, alcohol, charitable donations, cigarettes and tobacco. Other exclusions may apply. See store for details.
*Unless permitted by law & offered by stores in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia only
Please allow until November 19, 2024, for Miles earned in connection with this offer to be posted to your collector account.

®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Pharmasave Drugs National Ltd.

Hugs Mel

1726478247942.png
1726478315538.png

Terms + Conditions​

* Offer valid from 00:00:01 a.m. ET on September 20, 2024, to 23:59:59 p.m. ET on October 4, 2024 (“Offer Period”). To qualify, eligible collectors must click “opt in” prior to using their AIR MILES® card (or eligible Canadian-issued Mastercard in the case of card-linked offers) at the time of eligible purchases, or prior to scanning their qualifying receipt in the AIR MILES app. Collector will only need to opt in once during the offer period.

Collectors must earn at least one AIR MILES Reward MileTM or Bonus Mile during the Offer Period at (i) 3 different AIR MILES® partners, in-store or through airmilesshops.ca, AIR MILES® Receipts, airmilescardlink.ca or travel.airmiles.ca to qualify for 100 Bonus Miles; (ii) 4 different AIR MILES® partners, in-store or through airmilesshops.ca, AIR MILES® Receipts, airmilescardlink.ca or travel.airmiles.ca to qualify for 250 Bonus Miles; or (iii) 5 or more different AIR MILES® partners, in-store or through airmilesshops.ca, AIR MILES® Receipts, airmilescardlink.ca or travel.airmiles.ca to qualify for 775 Bonus Miles.

Collectors who use their BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* on a qualifying purchase as part of this promotion will earn an additional 50 Bonus Miles on top of the Bonus Miles they earn by shopping 3 or more partners. The additional 50 Bonus Miles can only be awarded once.

The 100 Bonus Miles, 250 Bonus Miles and 775 Bonus Miles offers are not cumulative; only the highest of the three tiers for which a collector qualifies during the offer period will be awarded.

Offer can only be used once per collector number during the offer period, for a maximum of 775 Bonus Miles available to be earned under this offer (excluding the additional 50 Bonus Miles available when making a qualifying purchase with a BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®*).

For the purposes of this offer, all purchases made at individual brands through airmilesshops.ca and airmilescardlink.ca during the offer period qualify as 1 partner per brand. For example, if a collector earns at least 1 Mile at each of 3 individual brands through airmilesshops.ca or airmilescardlink.ca, the collector will be deemed to have earned at 3 partners for the purpose of this offer. Miles earned through AIR MILES Receipts and AIR MILES Travel will each count as 1 partner total, regardless of the number of scanned receipts or bookings.

For the purpose of the 100, 250 and 775 Bonus Miles offer, base Reward Miles earned in connection with purchases on any BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* and online travel stores through airmilesshops.ca (including but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals and hotel stays) do not count as a “partner”.

To get Miles at AIR MILES® in-store partners, see airmiles.ca for a list of eligible partners and each partner’s unique base offer purchase requirements and terms and conditions. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of purchase.

Earning Bonus Miles through AIR MILES® Receipts is subject to additional terms and conditions. Please visit airmiles.ca/receipts for details on how to earn and applicable terms and conditions. Current AIR MILES Receipts offers (and their applicable terms and conditions) can be viewed in the AIR MILES app.

To get Miles through airmilesshops.ca, collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing to get Reward Miles and qualify for this offer. All online stores are subject to each partner’s unique base offer purchase requirements and terms and conditions, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. Click “Store Info” on a partner’s online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for more details.

To get Miles through airmilescardlink.ca, collectors must link their eligible Canadian Mastercard to their AIR MILES® collector number and make eligible purchases using the linked Canadian Mastercard at participating brands during the Offer Period and meet the criteria required for the bonus offers. BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* are automatically linked by default. For details on how to link an eligible Canadian Mastercard and for each unique offer’s terms and conditions, please visit airmilescardlink.ca. Card-linked offers are while supplies of Bonus Miles last, are subject to change, and may be withdrawn without notice.

To get Miles through travel.airmiles.ca, see travel.airmiles.ca for terms and conditions. Only Cash bookings qualify.

This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow until October 31, 2024 for Bonus Miles earned in connection with this offer to be posted to your collector account.

AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Terms of Use.

®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES® Loyalty Inc. Partner, supplier and retailer trademarks are owned by the respective partner, supplier and retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

Hugs Mel

super happy to see that each online transaction thru a different store counts as 1 completed for the upcoming Shop the Block because I've come down with some lovely virus. We head to the hotel at Pearson in 10 days and I'm gonna do my best to keep my distance from hubby so he doesn't catch it. I'll also stay home unless absolutely necessary (urgh, just remembered that i have an appointment tomorrow with the dietician that's been on my calendar for about 5 months 😖) I've gotten complacent with my mask wearing since my treatments ended, guess I should have kept it up.

If people would like a separate thread for the promo, just let me know, tag me or respond to this post so I'll see the notification

So 5 places to shop. Easy but not as easy as it used to be I guess?
Pharmasave on Friday for the bonus AM as well (need to figure out where a pharmasave is lol)
Shell
Dollarama (using BMO MC so I get the bonus as well)
two online shops? Global petfoods? I'm sure I can figure something out over the two weeks.

So 5 places to shop. Easy but not as easy as it used to be I guess?
Pharmasave on Friday for the bonus AM as well (need to figure out where a pharmasave is lol)
Shell
Dollarama (using BMO MC so I get the bonus as well)
two online shops? Global petfoods? I'm sure I can figure something out over the two weeks.

I think that Air Miles from Pharmasaves are only good from Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia.

https://www.airmiles.ca/en/offers/partners/pharmasave.html

I believe the asterisk relates to the excluded items (which would be permitted in some stores in those 3 provinces, but wouldn't count as part of your spend $$ total in other provinces).

Eligible purchases exclude prescriptions* or pharmacy services*, products with codeine, taxes, post office purchases, bottle deposits, enviro fees, event tickets, lottery, transit tickets and passes, bill payments & Western Union, the purchase of gift cards, phone and pre-paid cards, alcohol, charitable donations, cigarettes and tobacco. Other exclusions may apply. See store for details.
*Unless permitted by law & offered by stores in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia only

I'm trying to book my flights with AMs but the bar at the end to pick how many AMs to use will not move. Any ideas what could be wrong?

View attachment 895067
View attachment 895068

Terms + Conditions​

* Offer valid from 00:00:01 a.m. ET on September 20, 2024, to 23:59:59 p.m. ET on October 4, 2024 (“Offer Period”). To qualify, eligible collectors must click “opt in” prior to using their AIR MILES® card (or eligible Canadian-issued Mastercard in the case of card-linked offers) at the time of eligible purchases, or prior to scanning their qualifying receipt in the AIR MILES app. Collector will only need to opt in once during the offer period.

Collectors must earn at least one AIR MILES Reward MileTM or Bonus Mile during the Offer Period at (i) 3 different AIR MILES® partners, in-store or through airmilesshops.ca, AIR MILES® Receipts, airmilescardlink.ca or travel.airmiles.ca to qualify for 100 Bonus Miles; (ii) 4 different AIR MILES® partners, in-store or through airmilesshops.ca, AIR MILES® Receipts, airmilescardlink.ca or travel.airmiles.ca to qualify for 250 Bonus Miles; or (iii) 5 or more different AIR MILES® partners, in-store or through airmilesshops.ca, AIR MILES® Receipts, airmilescardlink.ca or travel.airmiles.ca to qualify for 775 Bonus Miles.

Collectors who use their BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* on a qualifying purchase as part of this promotion will earn an additional 50 Bonus Miles on top of the Bonus Miles they earn by shopping 3 or more partners. The additional 50 Bonus Miles can only be awarded once.

The 100 Bonus Miles, 250 Bonus Miles and 775 Bonus Miles offers are not cumulative; only the highest of the three tiers for which a collector qualifies during the offer period will be awarded.

Offer can only be used once per collector number during the offer period, for a maximum of 775 Bonus Miles available to be earned under this offer (excluding the additional 50 Bonus Miles available when making a qualifying purchase with a BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®*).

For the purposes of this offer, all purchases made at individual brands through airmilesshops.ca and airmilescardlink.ca during the offer period qualify as 1 partner per brand. For example, if a collector earns at least 1 Mile at each of 3 individual brands through airmilesshops.ca or airmilescardlink.ca, the collector will be deemed to have earned at 3 partners for the purpose of this offer. Miles earned through AIR MILES Receipts and AIR MILES Travel will each count as 1 partner total, regardless of the number of scanned receipts or bookings.

For the purpose of the 100, 250 and 775 Bonus Miles offer, base Reward Miles earned in connection with purchases on any BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* and online travel stores through airmilesshops.ca (including but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals and hotel stays) do not count as a “partner”.

To get Miles at AIR MILES® in-store partners, see airmiles.ca for a list of eligible partners and each partner’s unique base offer purchase requirements and terms and conditions. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of purchase.

Earning Bonus Miles through AIR MILES® Receipts is subject to additional terms and conditions. Please visit airmiles.ca/receipts for details on how to earn and applicable terms and conditions. Current AIR MILES Receipts offers (and their applicable terms and conditions) can be viewed in the AIR MILES app.

To get Miles through airmilesshops.ca, collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing to get Reward Miles and qualify for this offer. All online stores are subject to each partner’s unique base offer purchase requirements and terms and conditions, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. Click “Store Info” on a partner’s online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for more details.

To get Miles through airmilescardlink.ca, collectors must link their eligible Canadian Mastercard to their AIR MILES® collector number and make eligible purchases using the linked Canadian Mastercard at participating brands during the Offer Period and meet the criteria required for the bonus offers. BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* are automatically linked by default. For details on how to link an eligible Canadian Mastercard and for each unique offer’s terms and conditions, please visit airmilescardlink.ca. Card-linked offers are while supplies of Bonus Miles last, are subject to change, and may be withdrawn without notice.

To get Miles through travel.airmiles.ca, see travel.airmiles.ca for terms and conditions. Only Cash bookings qualify.

This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow until October 31, 2024 for Bonus Miles earned in connection with this offer to be posted to your collector account.

AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Terms of Use.

®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES® Loyalty Inc. Partner, supplier and retailer trademarks are owned by the respective partner, supplier and retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

Hugs Mel

how does this work with the other offer for up to 150 miles for shopping at 5 places... for me that ends on Sept 30th? Do I need to shop all 5 twice or can the stores that I hit between the 20th and 30th count for both?

I'm trying to book my flights with AMs but the bar at the end to pick how many AMs to use will not move. Any ideas what could be wrong?
It doesn’t move unless you are logged in. For some weird reason even if you logged in before searching you are not logged in at the point of making the purchase.

I also wanted to book flights this morning but I’m really not liking my options. So for now have walked away from it. Problem is the AC flights I want come in at 4880 miles so I don’t make the 5000 mile level. I’ve contemplated Porter because I can bump it up to include baggage but the flight is the middle of the day which I really hate. For now I’m stepping away to think about it. Have to go take my mom home anyway…that’s a whole other drama.

Sorry gang, I forgot to post this. I did a chat Saturday and confirmed that the bonus offer is only valid for one transaction. So you can not book a flight for 5000 miles and then add a hotel for 3000 miles to reach the maximum level.

I'm pretty sure that they are Nationwide, this shows up as a British Columbia offer:

View attachment 895228
I went to the Pharmasave by my house (Ontario) the last week of August. Offers were up on the AM site but the guy in the store said they would be starting in September. Side note…it’s literally a walk in clinic med counter with 2 shelves of random stuff and VERY expensive, $7 for a bottle of 16 Motrin. Disappointing to find out it was a no go but also to see what they had in there. I have no idea how I could ever make that work. Even if there is an item you actually need at that time the added cost will be hard to justify.

Last edited:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest