Photography Board Summer Assignment, 2010: Scavenger Hunt

I managed to sneek in a solo trip to the boardwalk today and got quite a few.

Cemetary-Well this one is not from the boardwalk.:rotfl:
Scavenger_2010_005.jpg

Harley Davidson
Scavenger_2010_006.jpg

Boardwalk
Scavenger_2010_008.jpg

Balloons
Scavenger_2010_009.jpg

Cotton Candy
Scavenger_2010_010.jpg

Uniformed Worker-This friendly police officer was kind enough to let me take his picture.
Scavenger_2010_011.jpg

Clown-I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I'll post them both, but will only count one. Both are from the Fun House.
Scavenger_2010_012.jpg

Scavenger_2010_013.jpg

Ice Cream Cone
Scavenger_2010_014.jpg

Something Yellow
Scavenger_2010_015.jpg

Horizon
Scavenger_2010_016.jpg

Here are some more.

Geraniums
Scavenger_2010_018.jpg

Tiki Hut-I guess it was too early in the afternoon for it to be open.
Scavenger_2010_019.jpg

Jetty
Scavenger_2010_020.jpg

Life Guard
Scavenger_2010_026.jpg

Giant-Boardwalk game prize. It looked like it was at least 5 feet tall hanging from the ceiling.
Scavenger_2010_027.jpg

Salt Water Taffy-I got home and was going through my pictures and got to this one and really wished I had bought some.
Scavenger_2010_029.jpg

Disney-Claw game where you hopefully pick a Disney plush
Scavenger_2010_031.jpg

Empty-Not too often you see a ride with no one on it.
Scavenger_2010_032.jpg

Carosel
Scavenger_2010_033.jpg

Seashells
Scavenger_2010_039.jpg

Jeep
Scavenger_2010_040.jpg

X-passed this on the way home, and said, "Hey an X"
Scavenger_2010_041.jpg

Great shots, everyone! Love the police officer and the Emu - which actually gave me my chuckle for the day. "Emu" was the subject of much debate when we were putting the list together. We had a lot of laughs over it. I knew someone here would find one! :thumbsup2

Don, love the headstone. I'll probably be able to find some good ones, too. There's a couple of colonial cemeteries I've been meaning to explore, this will give me the chance.

Kyle, we may be in competition for some of the same items! :laughing:

Jeez Colleen! Were you just looking for a reason to hit the boardwalk or what!?!? :rotfl2: Don't waste too much time do ya!

Maybe I'll be a nice spontaneous husband and offer to take the family down the shore this weekend for a day trip! :thumbsup2

I didn't get to make a morning out of shooting but I did take 2 cameras to work with me today and got another 10-15 shots...it's finally paying off to be a truck driver! LOL Just walked in the door so I'll post in the AM hopefully.

Nice pictures everyone! I've taken a couple but have to upload them still.

Kathy- you luck out with the pics ( horses & Vet) but I luck out with less bills ;-)
Ruthie

I'd be soooo happy to let you win the battle of the vet bills Ruthie! :rotfl:

More pictures, not sure if the horse is a quarter horse though, does anyone know?

Quarterhorse (I think!)

4664272440_7f515bba19.jpg

Mmmm - sorry but I don't think so Dawn. You found some very handsome draft horses though!

I have a 1/2 quarter horse. I wonder if he would count? lol

Nice pictures everyone! I've taken a couple but have to upload them still.

I'd be soooo happy to let you win the battle of the vet bills Ruthie! :rotfl:

Mmmm - sorry but I don't think so Dawn. You found some very handsome draft horses though!

I have a 1/2 quarter horse. I wonder if he would count? lol

I have 8 dogs and a cat too...I'll probably win that battle on "maintenance" alone

Yes Dawn those are Drafts

and NO Kathy your 1/2 1/4 horse... doesn't count (neither does Maxine in the horse category she is 1/2 Arabian 1/2 1/4) :laughing:

A Adirondack Rocking Chairs on Porch
888548294_kvxXo-X2.jpg

B Buoy with bird on it, Double-crested Cormorant.
888519119_a8CHg-X2.jpg

F Footprint on beach
887819555_4S6hT-X2.jpg

Sorry about the quality. Most of these were with the small camera at work yesterday.......

Something Yellow
Yellow.jpg

Weathervane

Weathervane.jpg

U.S. GovernmentBuilding
This was the Family Housing Office in the Philadelphia Navy Yard. The Navy Yard isn't operational anymore but the buildings are still being used by both Government and private businesses.
USGovernmentBuilding.jpg

Something Round
Round.jpg

Island
Taken from atop of one of the tallest bridges in the North East. Not a postcard but it was taken blind with a p&s.
Island.jpg

Emergency
Stuck in traffic because of an accident. Just before I passed I thought EMERGENCY and grabbed the little camera :lmao:
Emergency.jpg

Airplane
Airplane.jpg

BBQshack
New BBQ joint near work
BBQshack.jpg

Antique
Antique.jpg

I am a beginner in every meaning of the word, but I have gone out and done my best! I am a little disappointed that my Nikon Coolpix L110 does not allow me to change the shutter speed :headache: - So I will venture out again to get a better fountain picture with my "junkie old" Canon Powershot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Clam Shack
DSCN0921.jpg

Flags In A Row
DSCN0934.jpg

Fog
DSCN0930.jpg

Iris - Up Close
DSCN0941.jpg

Monumnet
DSCN0939.jpg

Old Glory
DSCN0931.jpg

Jeez Colleen! Were you just looking for a reason to hit the boardwalk or what!?!? :rotfl2: Don't waste too much time do ya!

Maybe I'll be a nice spontaneous husband and offer to take the family down the shore this weekend for a day trip! :thumbsup2

I didn't get to make a morning out of shooting but I did take 2 cameras to work with me today and got another 10-15 shots...it's finally paying off to be a truck driver! LOL Just walked in the door so I'll post in the AM hopefully.

I had to go it alone or all I would hear is "Moooommm. Come oooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnn. We want to get to the rides!" Kids, and spouses, don't they understand that a good shot can't be rushed!

If you come down the Point Pleasant way, let me know. I would love to catch up with a fellow Dis shutterbug.

My first submission: Iris

888865523_zoiYF-L.jpg

Looking forward to adding more.

I'll post a link to my Scavenger Hunt gallery when I have a bunch more.
:banana::banana::banana:

Darn it! After over an hour I had finally found the shuttle driver to give me a ride back home from the car repair shop when the Ice Cream truck came pulling in! :headache: I just couldn't bring myself to ask him to slam on the breaks so I could jump out and get a picture. :rotfl2:

Wow, this looks so neat. I just wandered over to this thread. I love pictures, and saw the scavenger hunt. I think I might give it a go. Everyone's pictures look so great. What fun!!

This has turned into a great thread! Everybody's shots are great, and it really gives us an 'excuse' to get out and shoot more. good job, everybody!

Finally, I have my first submissions -

Orange construction cones, complete with a couple workers (the guy in the chartreuse, and guy on the back of the truck with the big straw hat):

DSC02492a.jpg

Moose:

DSC02503a.jpg

Ornate mirror:

DSC02481a.jpg

[something] Yellow:

DSC02472a.jpg

Birds nest:

DSC02455a.jpg

Quad (really a quint if you count the flower in the corner):

DSC02493a-1.jpg

F is for flower!! I have some pretty rose bushes!!
4667583768_614e156228_b.jpg

And
B is for Birds nest!! With baby birds!! We have four baby birds living in a toolbox drawer in our garage
4666965875_3777cb67d1_b.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter