Photography Board Summer Assignment, 2010: Scavenger Hunt

Do you want us to just make posts every day?

I was thinking of making a album on photobucket called The Hunt and including a link in my signature with all the pictures for the assignment in there. Each picture can be called what it represents in the contest to make it a little easier to tally up in the end. Thoughts?

I was thinking of making a album on photobucket called The Hunt and including a link in my signature with all the pictures for the assignment in there. Each picture can be called what it represents in the contest to make it a little easier to tally up in the end. Thoughts?

I was thinking of doing the same sort of thing. Also, photobucket keeps the exif data and it is free so anyone wanting a nice easy free hosting site that keeps the exif data, photobucket works great for that and for posting on here.

a question the EXIF data? is that when you right click on the picture for properties and see the date it was created ?
EXIF data is data that's embedded in the photo when it's taken that includes the date and time it was shot, what settings were used, type of camera, etc. You can't necessarily see it when you right click on the photo (that's a different date, which signifies when it's placed on hosting site I believe), but there is software that enables you to see it, and, as pp's mentioned, some photo hosting sites make it readily available.

NateNLogansDad said:
I was thining along the same lines - for ease. I might use my SmugMug acct. But I'd hope that the pictures themselves are posted, too.

Absolutely! It'll be fun to see what everyone's coming up with!

ColleenG said:
I'm going to have to start taking my camera everywhere with me!
::yes::

You know it'll be the one time you don't have it that you come across a mime or a dog on a motorcycle. :rotfl:

FYI re: the edits I made last night:

- added Disney's excluded to Boardwalk***
- changed Barbeque Shack to BBQ shack
- deleted cobweb, but left spider web (too similar, and meant to delete one or the other)
- added with bird* to buoy
- added or monk alone* to monastery
- added prize winning vegetables with ribbon* to vegetable garden

*** I did that on most of the shots that could be found at Disney (at least that was my intention) because that would be too easy for us (we'd probably have dozens), with the exception of the WL geyser, which will only be worth one point.

I was so excited to see the list last night, you have no only me ready, but my DS9 ready to go find things out on the list. Thanks for all the work you put into this. I'm off to go shoot some of the things on my list, will post later.:thumbsup2

EXIF data is data that's embedded in the photo when it's taken that includes the date and time it was shot, what settings were used, type of camera, etc. You can't necessarily see it when you right click on the photo (that's a different date, which signifies when it's placed on hosting site I believe), but there is software that enables you to see it, and, as pp's mentioned, some photo hosting sites make it readily available.

So there is nothing I have to do right? I take my pic (do I have to use the date setting on my camera ?) and I use photobucket to host (just the free version) and then I post it here,,,nothing else I have to do to prove when taken? When I right click on some of the pics I have posted it only shows when created amount of pixels, dimensions, and the link for the host site...confused...nothing about the camera used settings etc...? See you are teaching me a lot already...thank you :worship:

So there is nothing I have to do right? I take my pic (do I have to use the date setting on my camera ?) and I use photobucket to host (just the free version) and then I post it here,,,nothing else I have to do to prove when taken? When I right click on some of the pics I have posted it only shows when created amount of pixels, dimensions, and the link for the host site...confused...nothing about the camera used settings etc...?
If you are taking pictures that are new since yesterday afternoon, it's not something you need to worry about. Just have fun and post your pictures as you usually do. There is nothing else you have to do.

If you're in the running as a winner, you might have to show that your pics were indeed all new, just because it is a contest and some people may either not have been aware of the rules or thought they'd skirt them a bit :laughing: (as my DH and his team did the time we did a scavenger hunt in real life; of course he would also tell you that one of the people on my team tried to stretch the interpretations a bit and I wouldn't be able to disagree, lol).

Remember, it's all in fun. Now stop worrying and go out and get some pictures. :)

Hey Pea, just wanted to say a big thank you for all of this. You really gave me a kick start this morning and it turned into a fantastic day with my son.

On a typical day, I worked late the night before (2nd shift) and wake up early to take my oldest (DS6) to the bus and every other day my youngest (DS4) goes to preschool. Today I usually would have begged my youngest to take a nap, but instead we went out shooting! We hit a memorial park and a state park and had a blast! I even stopped in to the stables where my aunt and uncle work to see the horses. Since I barely get to see them, I can honestly say we both needed that. I know I won't be able to do it every day, but there's no way that this will be the only one.

Thank you so much!

-Rob

If you are taking pictures that are new since yesterday afternoon, it's not something you need to worry about. Just have fun and post your pictures as you usually do. There is nothing else you have to do.

If you're in the running as a winner, you might have to show that your pics were indeed all new, just because it is a contest and some people may either not have been aware of the rules or thought they'd skirt them a bit :laughing: (as my DH and his team did the time we did a scavenger hunt in real life; of course he would also tell you that one of the people on my team tried to stretch the interpretations a bit and I wouldn't be able to disagree, lol).

Remember, it's all in fun. Now stop worrying and go out and get some pictures. :)

Thanks so that is exactly what I will do :goodvibes

I am so excited to be the first to post :).
IMG_0012-1.jpg

Drive-in Marquis
IMG_0006-1.jpg

Birds nest
IMG_0003-1.jpg

Orchild
IMG_0013-1.jpg

Barber pole
Someone will have to tell me how to resize pictures on photobucket, so that I am not taking so much space? Done with lunch and out to find more shots! Thank you for such a great project!:thumbsup2

Ugh! This isn't starting well. Thought I would get some last day of school shots, but had to pick DD8 up early because she's sick. Looks like strep, but we see the doctor in a couple of hours.

In the meantime, I could always get that shot of the adirondack chair on my back porch!

Ugh! This isn't starting well. Thought I would get some last day of school shots, but had to pick DD8 up early because she's sick. Looks like strep, but we see the doctor in a couple of hours.
Who says it has to be getting off the bus or walking home? Last day of school means you can get it any time today, even if it shows her with a :sick: or an ice pack on her head, right? :rotfl2: Be creative! PS hope she feels better!

tlcmommyX4 :worship: Great job!! I LOVE the Drive In sign, Wow! :goodvibes Most of our drive ins are gone around here so I'm jealous.

To resize your pics on Photobucket, go under Edit, then Resize. :thumbsup2

Question:

Do we need the ACTUAL item or can it be a replica of an item or a picture of a picture in a museum, etc.....???????

I have printed out the list and will keep it in my camera bag.

Unfortunately, we don't have too many trips planned for the summer.

Dawn

NateNLogansDad, thank you, your post made my day. I totally remember those days of long, late shifts and half day kindergarten, lol. I'm glad you had fun with it this morning. Going to a horse stall and a state park would be pretty cool. :thumbsup2 And connecting with people and the world is always a good thing. It's so easy to get caught up in the rigors of every day life, it'll do us all some good to unwind a bit!

I actually got some shots this morning, too. I'm sure I was driving the friend I was walking with crazy stopping every two seconds to take a picture. But he was one of the people that helped me put the list together (and ran the scavenger hunt I did IRL) so he was a good sport about it. The funny part was we were planning to head down to one area but changed our minds last minute. I didn't think I'd get much where we were going, but I actually got a lot, even from memory because my printer ran out of ink.

I also got some ideas for 2011 while I was looking around. For instance, I saw a guy raising a flag (and got his picture, he smiled and everything :lmao: ) and realized that would have been a good asterisk category for Old Glory. (Too late now, the list is finalized as is.)

Which reminds me: I'd appreciate it if, while doing these challenges and we think of other ideas, that we all jot them down for next year to make it a little easier to get the list put together then. We can pool the ideas when the time comes. Thank you!

tlcmommyx4

Cool drive in sign

I see that your drive in has three movies up on the marquis. Does it play three a night or do they have more than one screen?

Cool drive in sign

I see that your drive in has three movies up on the marquis. Does it play three a night or do they have more than one screen?[/QUOTE]

I haven't been there in so long, the last time I was there it only played two movies:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter