Flag Retreat at MK

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
Do they still do the flag retreat each evening in MK and if so can you still sign up to be a part of it?

Yes we saw it in march and the veteran was from Puerto Rico and served in the Navy (they introduced him during it) and it was a very moving ceremony. We had never seen it before and were waiting for the calvacade to come and for dinner at Tony’s and had front and center spot to watch. I don’t know where you submit a veteran but I would guess guest services.

Yes, it is still conducted every day at 5.

But you can't sign up for it, and never have been able to. Cast members choose a guest at random to participate. They look for clothing or other items that would identify a guest as a veteran.

Yes, it is still conducted every day at 5.

But you can't sign up for it, and never have been able to. Cast members choose a guest at random to participate. They look for clothing or other items that would identify a guest as a veteran.
We signed my daughter up for it and she was able to do it back in 2003, but maybe they have stopped doing that and choose at random now.

We signed my daughter up for it and she was able to do it back in 2003, but maybe they have stopped doing that and choose at random now.
Interesting, we've been going since the 70s, and I've never known them to allow signups. You must have encountered a cast member willing to accommodate!

Interesting, we've been going since the 70s, and I've never known them to allow signups. You must have encountered a cast member willing to accommodate!
We also signed my DH up in 2010 at guest services on Main Street. We asked if they had a veteran of the day yet and they did not so they signed him up. It ended up raining that afternoon and they didn’t do the parade or have the band playing, but he did get the pin, certificate and he got to hold the flag after they brought it down and folded it.

We also signed my DH up in 2010 at guest services on Main Street. We asked if they had a veteran of the day yet and they did not so they signed him up. It ended up raining that afternoon and they didn’t do the parade or have the band playing, but he did get the pin, certificate and he got to hold the flag after they brought it down and folded it.
Yep, that is where we went to sign up as well.

They used to have sign ups but they no longer do for Veteran of the Day. The veteran is randomly chosen by a cast member. They look for clothing that would identify them as a veteran. My husband was chosen during our 2022 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter