• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

~Philadelphia Marathon 11/23/08~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my early morning contribution - Matt after the NYC Half. You can sort of see the medal and he is wearing the men's race shirt (the woman's was a more solid gray). This was taken minutes before a torrential downpour started. Jodi was already back at her hotel . . .

Cindy - I liked the photo that you took after that photo. You know...the one where that big bird flying over Matt's head dropped something on his shirt and nearly hit is new medal.

bird_poop.jpg

Since I have no real running to report this is my only way to contribute today. Well, I am office to a meeting at Villanova University. Speaking of poop my meeting is about wastewater in Philadelphia, a stinky subject.

Lou

Here is my baby, she was 8 at this summer swim meet. She is in the blue suit.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

She qualified to swim at Fall States that are being held this weekend.

We are very proud of her!

Here is my baby, she was 8 at this summer swim meet. She is in the blue suit.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

She qualified to swim at Fall States that are being held this weekend.

We are very proud of her!

THAT'S AWESOME, COLLEEN!! GOOD FOR HER. WHERE'S THE MEET? BTW, SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE HER MOM :lovestruc

Just got back from running a quick 3. First I've run since my foot started to hurt last Sat. The foot didn't hurt too bad while running & feels the same as before now that I'm walking around on it :confused3 . We'll see how it feels later on tonight/a.m.
Either way, I have an MRI scheduled for Sat. a.m. just to rule everything out.

Colleen - Great photos, your daughter is so cute and that first one is a great action shot, so compliments to the photographer! Good luck to her at states!

Lou - ewww - that's pretty gross. Funny thing, Matt did get pooped on before the PDR, when we were all standing by the Rocky statute (before you arrived).

Jodi - I'm glad that running didn't seem to make your foot any worse. Hopefully the MRI won't show any issues.

CindyLouWho - What's that? You bagged a LR yesterday? :hug: Welcome to the darkside! Doesn't it feel great?

I actually forgot about this but was reminded by looking at my schedule, which I have tape up on the wall in my office - I totally bagged my LR last weekend too (it was only 7 miles). Hmm, I see a trend starting . . .

Geez, been gone too long; just discovered this thread is still up and running until we break 250 pages. I'll join in and post some photos too.

Take care all!

I actually forgot about this but was reminded by looking at my schedule, which I have tape up on the wall in my office - I totally bagged my LR last weekend too (it was only 7 miles). Hmm, I see a trend starting . . .
NICE!:banana:

Waiting for Dapper Dans to play
DSC02609.jpg

DSC02610.jpg

DSC02613.jpg

Dapper Dans
DSC02611.jpg

DSC02612.jpg

The Big Cheese
DSC02616.jpg

Did you know that Mickey Mouse could wiggle his nose? I saw him do this for the first time when we met him, and I never knew he could do that.

Dave
Looks like you had a great time with your DD's.

Ahhh! Using the Jodi training plan I see.

Hey Botmen and Botladies! I hope your evening is going well. Time is flying, isn't it?

Dave~ I just love the family photos, your girls are beautiful. The vibrant colors in your photos are amazing. Very good quality.

Colleen~I hope your DD does well during the swimming competition. She is beautiful like her Mommy. Thanks for sharing! :hug:

Cindy~ I messed up BIG TIME! :scared: :confused3 Your plan called for 4 miles (Recovery), I ran 8 at GA or better. Am I in trouble? :sad2: popcorn:: The weather cooperated tonight with temps in the high 40's and no wind. We are expecting heavy rain tomorrow so I made hay while the moon shined (or something like that). ;)

Miles: 8.01
Time: 1:10:29
Pace: 8:48

Splits: 8:23, 8:56, 9:02, 9:15, 8:56, 8:38, 8:18 and 8:58.

I guess I can just swap nights and do the 4 (Recovery) tomorrow, huh? :confused3 :thumbsup2 My PF was sore during the run, but I mostly ignored it. One a scale of 1 to 10, it ranked up in the 3 range for pain. Not enough to slow me down too much. Tonight, I will use the night brace some more. It seems to be helping, as is the resting it more than usual.

:wave2: Chester, Sara, Jodi, Mike, Steve (waiting for pics popcorn:: ), Jen, Butch, Kathy, Bruce, Lou, Judith and Matt.

Speaking of Matt: Am I the only one who thinks his running hat looks like he is wearing Devil's horns? :lmao: :confused3 :rotfl:

Have a great night!

:grouphug:

Howard

Speaking of Matt: Am I the only one who thinks his running hat looks like he is wearing Devil's horns? :lmao: :confused3 :rotfl:

Howard

Me too!

Howard, Jodi and Cindy, thank you for the kind words and good wishes for DD. She has a lot of friends that swim as well, so she has TONS of fun.

Anyone see DCL is going to make a HUGE announcement Wednesday? Some say it may be "kids cruise free", hmmm, any BOTS want to cruise this Spring???popcorn::

Sure enough I was called to substitute teach Wednesday.:sad2:

I did a double take at the picture of Matt too-- at first I thought it was Lou's handiwork then realized it was just the hat...

Colleen and Dave: beautiful kids :goodvibes if only I could get my daughter to swim, she loves the water but refused to get her head wet thus making the learning to swim part a bit difficult

I've been having some strange toe pain that starts up after I've been running for 60-80min. It was driving me crazy so I finally went to the doc to try to fix it-- 2 hours and $100 dollars later he has no idea why it hurts and I have a little foam "sock" to wrap around my toe when I run. I'm not too sure this will help but what do I really have to lose :confused3

Did 5 miles today, nothing too strenuous just dreading the 20 on tap for next week.

Me too!

Howard, Jodi and Cindy, thank you for the kind words and good wishes for DD. She has a lot of friends that swim as well, so she has TONS of fun.

Anyone see DCL is going to make a HUGE announcement Wednesday? Some say it may be "kids cruise free", hmmm, any BOTS want to cruise this Spring???popcorn::

Colleen- I loved the swimming pictures of your DD. Congratulations to her on her accomplishment! That's great.

DUDE! I tried to get you all to cruise with me & the Cloud for Feb. vacation & had no takers.:snooty: I've already gotten a $99 bounce back offer for a 3 night cruise for DCL. Wonder what they'll announce today?popcorn::

DUDE! I tried to get you all to cruise with me & the Cloud for Feb. vacation & had no takers.:snooty: I've already gotten a $99 bounce back offer for a 3 night cruise for DCL. Wonder what they'll announce today?popcorn::
Kids under 12 free with paying adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter