~Philadelphia Marathon 11/23/08~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colleen,

I mailed my registration in. I'm not sure how to check to see that I'm officially registered yet but they did bill my credit card. I'll just have to have faith at this point.

I'll be with you in spirit and cheering you on. Scope out the course for me for 2008. I'm definitely running this one then.

My application was mailed in weeks ago and the check and been cashed. I received this e-mail message in February:

Dear Runner,

Thank you very much for registering with the Marine Corps Marathon. We processed your application. The end of June, please check the Marine Corps Marathon website www.marinemarathon.com for confirmation.

Thank you
Marathon staff

Looking forward to meeting more W.I.S.H.ers

Chester

My application was mailed in weeks ago and the check and been cashed. I received this e-mail message in February:

Dear Runner,

Thank you very much for registering with the Marine Corps Marathon. We processed your application. The end of June, please check the Marine Corps Marathon website www.marinemarathon.com for confirmation.

Thank you
Marathon staff

Looking forward to meeting more W.I.S.H.ers

Chester

Yeah Chester and Opti-Mike!

I'm definitely in for the 2008 Marine Corp Marathon! I have that as my goal after graduation from Grad School next May. I hope all of you that run it this year will like it so much that you'll run it again in 2008 with me/us.

Good Luck training! Make us proud!

:grouphug:

Howard

I'm definitely in for the 2008 Marine Corp Marathon! I have that as my goal after graduation from Grad School next May. I hope all of you that run it this year will like it so much that you'll run it again in 2008 with me/us.

Good Luck training! Make us proud!

:grouphug:

Howard

Yeah Howard!

Yes, we will check it out for you and Dave! I am pretty sure I will run it again next year.

I also wanted to post the Registration is CLOSED for this race, in case anyone was thinking about entering. It opened about 2 weeks ago.

Yeah Howard!

Yes, we will check it out for you and Dave! I am pretty sure I will run it again next year.

I also wanted to post the Registration is CLOSED for this race, in case anyone was thinking about entering. It opened about 2 weeks ago.
Colleen- that's good to know for next year how long we have to register. It's nice to know it doesn't close the day it opens. So make sure you check out good WISH meeting places for next year. I'm going to be relying on you to tour me around the course in 08.

If you are planning to do the MCM in 2008, be sure to pick up an application at the WDW Expo. I was told this year that the applications from WDW were guaranteed admission. At any rate, the WDW application can be mailed in prior to April 30th, which gives you a jump on the online applicants.

Serious training starts June 26th.

Chester

If you are planning to do the MCM in 2008, be sure to pick up an application at the WDW Expo. I was told this year that the applications from WDW were guaranteed admission. At any rate, the WDW application can be mailed in prior to April 30th, which gives you a jump on the online applicants.

Serious training starts June 26th.

Chester
I might have to ask some WISHers to pick up an application for me at the WDW Expo in case I can't make it to Disney in January 08.

I might have to ask some WISHers to pick up an application for me at the WDW Expo in case I can't make it to Disney in January 08.

OK, let's not have any of that talk! ;)

You WILL be there!

I do understand your hesitation though. Four flights = $$$
I will probably be going solo again for that reason. Listen to me, I haven't registered yet, but I just booked my hotel last week.:lmao:

I got an e-mail confirmation for participation in 32nd Marine Corps Marathon. Early registration with the application from the Disney Expo works. If you plan on doing this marathon in 2008, be sure to stop by their booth at the 2008 WDW Expo and pick up an application.

See you in DC.

Chester

Just bumping this up because training will officially start in a few days.

I actually started week 1 this week, just because I was so darn excited!:woohoo:

Speedwork was great. I did 8 - 400 repeats at 8mph pace and it was easy! I will do 8 miles LR this weekend because my plan calls for a 10 mile LR the first week.

I would love to hear about everyone's training!

What plans are you all following?

Colleen - I have two plans printed out that I will have to decide between this weekend. One starts next week and one not until July 9th. I will not be using the virtual trainer offered by MCM with Jeff Galloway.
I am over my post-marathon pain and I am looking so very forward to training for MCM also. Great job on the speedwork:cheer2: and best of luck on your LR this weekend:woohoo: .
We are flying now from ALB to BWI so I may have to stay in DC. Would it be too much of a hassle to find each other in the a.m. of the race?

I plan to follow the Hal Higdon Intermediate I program with intensity adjustments per heart rate training. My schedule is as follows:

Mondays - am 30-45 min elliptical
Tuesdays - am 30-45 min stat bike, pm 3-5 miles @ 85%hr
Wednesdays - am 30-45 min rowing, pm 5-8 miles @ 70%hr
Thursdays - am 30-45 min stat bike, pm 3-5 miles @ 85%hr
Fridays - am 30-45 min staristepper
Saturdays - 5-8 miles with 2/3 @ 85%hr
Sundays - 8-20 miles @ 70%hr

Race day - 20 miles @ 75%hr, 6.2 miles @ whatever is left in me.

Training is scheduled to begin 6/26, but I'll have to take a couple of weeks off after hernina repair surgery scheduled for 7/9.

We are arriving at Reagan National on Friday the 26th and staying at a Hilton near the airport. Plan on hitting the expo Saturday.

Happy training,

Chester

Mondays - am 30-45 min elliptical
Tuesdays - am 30-45 min stat bike, pm 3-5 miles @ 85%hr
Wednesdays - am 30-45 min rowing, pm 5-8 miles @ 70%hr
Thursdays - am 30-45 min stat bike, pm 3-5 miles @ 85%hr
Fridays - am 30-45 min staristepper
Saturdays - 5-8 miles with 2/3 @ 85%hr
Sundays - 8-20 miles @ 70%hr

Happy training,

Chester

Chester, so you only have 2 days of actual running? Oh, I feel so much better. I plan to run 3 days a week with stairclimber one day, elliptical one day and a "surprise" day (swim, rowing, bike). DH only ran 3 days a week when he qualified for Boston, so I know it can be done with success. He swears by monitoring his heartrate as well. I am really liking to cross-training aspect of my training plan.

Sara, wow, can't believe you are recovering from Grandma's so quickly. You know, I think you have a 4:15-4:20 in you for MCM, since it is going to be so much cooler (hopefully).

Colleen

Colleen,

I'm actually running 5 days a week. Tues, Weds and Thurs evenings, then Sat and Sunday morning or evenings depending on the weather or temperature. No running on Mon or Fri unless I need a make-up day. I enjoyed this schedule last year when training for Disney.

After MCM, I'm taking a week off, then slipping into the 9th week of the plan to train for 08 Goofy.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter